Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2020 at 3:01 AM Last edited by summerkelsa : 10th Jan 2020 at 8:55 AM.
Custom skintones no longer showing up
Hey there,

I only recently ran into this issue when I changed my default skin (and, subsequently, when I switched to Pyxis' updated skintones she did for IL). Suddenly, all my custom skintones stopped showing up in the skin palette for that particular young adult sim (I didn't look at any other sim as she was the only one I was playing). I removed the custom content, deleted the cache files, found updated cc to see if things would work and the cc skintones were still not showing up on the palette. However, her child was able to access the custom skintones. Then I went in and fixed my game and got rid of some unnecessary content and... we're back to none of the cc skintones showing up in the palette. Cue going through all the necessary motions of removing my mods, deleting caches, repairing the game, etc etc ad nauseam and yet the additional skintones still aren't show up in the skintone palette for my active sims.

I have used the Mod Conflict Detector to catch and remove any problematic cc.

Any help, feedback or further recommendations are welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT
It seems like the cc skintones are only accessible the first time I take a sim into CAS and I don't quite understand why this is happening. Also, it's worth mentioning that my active sims are both spellcasters.

I went into CAS on a teen townie and the full palette was there and usable, both for himself and his mother.

However, when I went in to see if it was visible again for my active family, it was not:

My teen is still using the cc skintone I gave her as a child but, as you can see, it isn't there/clickable:

I'm at my wits end

// sun is in the sky oh why, oh why would I wanna be anywhere else //
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 7:20 PM
I'm having a similar problem.. I currently installed some of the stuff packs and all my custom skintones went bye bye.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 8:14 AM
I guess that's because of the update?