Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 2:43 AM
Default Plague doctor outfit/mask?
First off sorry if this has been brought up before, I tried to search but got so many results from TS2, TS3 and TS4 that it was hard to figure out if this had been brought up for Medieval yet!

Basically, is there anywhere I can download a plague doctor outfit or mask for The Sims Medieval? I feel like it would be rather appropriate (and hella cool) to have my medic dressed like that! Or are there any such outfits from other games that can be converted, perhaps?

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 7:10 AM
I'd really like that too. I spent a few hours trying to convert this one: https://simfileshare.net/download/1652144/ from TS3, but I couldn't get it to work. I guess it was something about the wrappers I was using not being compatible, but I tried as many as I could find and no luck.

If someone who knows more about converting cc than I do is able to convert this or something similar, I'd love to see it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Dec 2022 at 3:54 PM Last edited by mirabellarose : 28th Dec 2022 at 4:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by batsandbabydolls
I'd really like that too. I spent a few hours trying to convert this one: https://simfileshare.net/download/1652144/ from TS3, but I couldn't get it to work. I guess it was something about the wrappers I was using not being compatible, but I tried as many as I could find and no luck.

If someone who knows more about converting cc than I do is able to convert this or something similar, I'd love to see it.

Hi, batsandbabydolls, I'm in the process of converting it now and should be done in the next couple of days. The original mesh looks like hell. It looks like the creator decimated the mesh to bring down the polycount--decimate wrecks your topology--and then used that effed up mesh as the highest LOD...and then didn't even bother to replace the other LODs. He or she cloned a pair of glasses, so not replacing all of the LODs means that as soon as you zoom away from your character the mesh will revert back to glasses. Trying not to be unkind here but I gotta say that not replacing the other LODs is really lazy. It'll take like five minutes! Just use the same mesh if you don't want to make the other LODs.

Anyway, I basically made a new mesh but I'm using the original textures. It'll be made properly. I hope. I don't anticipate problems with this conversion, but if you encounter any let me know.

I'll edit this post when I'm done with the mask.

Edit: It's done. Here's the link.

I'm Lolabellesims. Hi! Check out my stuff at The Sims Resource and at www.tumblr.com/lolabellesims. Maybe I'll go nuts and publish something here, too.