Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2020 at 7:04 AM Last edited by wingity : 30th Mar 2020 at 7:47 AM.
Default Looking for original lot files and tips for cleaning up CC- post contains links to sims 1 Tools
Hi, I corrupted unleashed lot 75 (Gothic Quarter) by putting bad cc on it and am wondering if anyone has the original lot file or a good remake that I can use to replace it.

If anyone is looking for original lots 1-10 you find them here: http://simechoes.org/simechoes1/maxis/homes/homes.html

I would also like to know the best ways to sort, test, and fix cc. I have FileCop but apparently it doesn't catch bad objects.

Here are links to the programs I did find, but I don't really know how to use them so if you have tutorials or tips, please comment.
Palladin's Tools (simwardrobe, SimCategorizer, SimMetamophoser, NPC Replacer, SimWallCat, Lot Manager, FAR Out, CMX Maker, Townie and Tourist default name editor)
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...imwardrobe.com/
Maxis Tools (Homemaker, FaceLift, SimsEraser, Sims File Cop, Sims MenuEdit, Sims ArtStudio, The Sims Creator, The Sims Make-A-Date, The Sims Celebrity)
http://simechoes.org/simechoes1/maxis/tools.html

Thank you, I hope this thread will be useful to someone even if my questions don't get answered.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2020 at 7:53 AM
Palladin's Tools are only found on the way-back machine, and the Maxis ones I only found on a third party site. I would like to help keep them available for future retrogamers. If someone will help me sign up for SimsFileShare, I will post Palladin's Tools on there and link them here and on my Tumblr. Alternatively, if people think it's ok, I could put them in Google Drive and link from there.
What is Simmer Etiquette for sharing files that the makers abandoned?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RobinMollyBlue

That is the question, isn't it? The game is essentially abandoned. My feeling is that if the makers have abandoned their files, then why not?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th May 2020 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RobinMollyBlue
Palladin's Tools are only found on the way-back machine, and the Maxis ones I only found on a third party site. I would like to help keep them available for future retrogamers. If someone will help me sign up for SimsFileShare, I will post Palladin's Tools on there and link them here and on my Tumblr. Alternatively, if people think it's ok, I could put them in Google Drive and link from there.

I can't believe that I stumbled upon this, especially on a site I probably haven't logged into for 5-6 years (or maybe 8-9) and miss a lot! Hell yes, please! Wayback isn't even working for me. I saw your Reddit post too. Unfortunately some people have died that might have created or hosted these files, as opposed to even abandoning them. We'll never know unfortunately, but it's best to salvage their hard work for preservation purposes, before it gets swallowed up by deadlinks or missing domains.