Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 4:47 PM Last edited by murfee : 24th Apr 2020 at 5:48 PM.
Default Help with making television, please: Screen stretch problem! [RESOLVED]
Hello!
I tried making a television in TSRW and I effing hate it.
For some accursed reason, you can't see the entire video image that usually plays, only a corner of it -- like it's off center, or way too big to be projected on my tv screen's mesh.
I cloned it from EA's retro tv, which has a smaller screen mesh, but all I did was swap meshes; I didn't mess with any of the slots or joints or whatever the heck is wrong with it. SHOULD I have messed with something?
Someone please point out to me the error of my ways before I let a herd of llamas eat my cold dead corpse.

This can't possibly be a UV Map issue, can it? Omg, if I have to sit here and redo the UV Mapping....
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 7:12 PM
Hi there!

IF it's the same as my snowglobes, then I think it's probably a UV thingy that needs to happen :/ Basically what I did back then was:

- Clone the TV (or object with Texture speed scaling)
- Check where the UV island of the regular tv, where the TV screen is (if there's 2, which could be the case, then make sure to test which one is the FX one)
- Open up your model in any 3D modeling program and check it's UV,
- Move the screen island to the positioning that the cloned TV's UV was on.

And that SHOULD fix it, I hope! I think there is a setting that shares what the 'limit' is on a UV basis, but I've never figured that one out. It should be somewhere listed in the shader list if you really want to spend time and figure that one out
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi there! IF it's the same as my snowglobes, then I think it's probably a UV thingy that needs to happen :/

Thank you! I just got confirmation from Hydrangeachainsaw that it was indeed the EFFING UV Map -- I frikkin knew it. I was hoping it was something else, but nope.