Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 29th Jun 2020 at 11:42 PM.
Default WCIF - Default Replacement Taxi - Regular Car
I'd like to replace my taxi with TreZillah's 2005 Maybach 62 Sedan, if possible, so that the only person in my hood who calls a taxi appears to have a chauffeur and a nice car (it's a walking town, otherwise). Does someone have a default taxi that is just a regular car, not a medieval carriage or van or whatever, so I can see how it's done? Or, alternatively, has someone made a nice limo or fancy car default replacement for the taxi that would do the same thing?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 7:43 AM
@Sunrader, I can only find other vans. Is there a reason why you need it to be a car?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Sunrader, I can only find other vans. Is there a reason why you need it to be a car?

I'm happy to take a look at a van, thanks! I just want it, ultimately, to be a fancy car, so thought it might be best if it's close. I did manage to change it, but, of course, the animations were a disaster.
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 7:28 PM
Ah, I figured it might be something like the animations. I was hoping you could just swap one car for another type like with careers. Well, there's one here on MTS by joninmobile (https://modthesims.info/d/363374 ) and another one at the garden by pinkosim (https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...32777#msg632777 ). I really could not find a taxi car, which is surprising; I really thought someone would've made a 50s style retro default. Maybe try the Creator Feedback Forum for help on the animations?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 1:04 PM
Both of those are just texture replacements, the problem is that ownable and most custom vehicles have just 1 tile and extend their footprint so they have just 1 GUID. The default service vehicles have a separate GUID for each tile so the Taxi is generated in game by it's catalogue GUID which doesn't have a tile so it ceases to exist, it's presence detected by it's lead tile GUID. Most, if not all custom vehicles can't override both GUIDs because they only have 1.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 4:01 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Jul 2020 at 2:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Both of those are just texture replacements, the problem is that ownable and most custom vehicles have just 1 tile and extend their footprint so they have just 1 GUID. The default service vehicles have a separate GUID for each tile so the Taxi is generated in game by it's catalogue GUID which doesn't have a tile so it ceases to exist, it's presence detected by it's lead tile GUID. Most, if not all custom vehicles can't override both GUIDs because they only have 1.

This helps explain some interesting weird effects when I did replace the taxi with another car. Thank you.

This is what happened (pic). It's more than just visual, the "taxi" doesn't long enough to let the sim in and then it goes off to the community lot without him.

Maybe I'll have to rethink this story idea for now. Or, maybe with Phantomknight's suggestions, I can figure out a recolor that will work well enough. It looks like I can remove the taxi stuff on top, so that's a great start. Thanks, y'all!

EDIT: Conclusion. I finally managed a nice recolor. It was harder to make it look good than I thought it'd be, but I'm pleased with it. It'll do just fine.
Screenshots