Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:57 PM
Default Ash Ketchum/Satoshi (Kanto)
Hi, I've had this idea to start making some of the trainers from the Pokemon anime in The Sims 3. I thought it would work well since it's very open-world, like the anime and the games.

Of course, I had to start with Ash/Satoshi. Here's my work on him so far.

Once major thing I've decided is that I'm gonna downplay the characters' eyes, among some other things. Obviously the characters have massive eyes in the anime, and I've checked and stretching the eyes that much is downright hideous.

Right now, I need to know if I'm going the right way with his face. Because of the decision regarding the eyes and other features, the face may not be 100% identical to their anime equivalents, but does it look okay right now? Also I could only make his nose tip so pointy.

I realise that he has no Z markings on his face. Right now I'm trying to work out making a face overlay in CTU. It's working okay so far there's just one little part of the tutorial that's not 100% clear.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 8:11 AM
Sims based on anime/cartoon characters are tricky to make, to be honest (especially if the character has exaggerated features). I agree you need not to "copy" all the facial features the character has, you just need to make sure if the sim has the "vibe" of the character, hence asking feedback in this forum.

Sorry, but the nose looks off to me. I know it's a challenge replicating noses drawn like < or > in making sims, so I think it needs to be redone according to your own taste? Also his eyebrows need a little bit of slanting. His face shape is already good though.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Sims based on anime/cartoon characters are tricky to make, to be honest (especially if the character has exaggerated features). I agree you need not to "copy" all the facial features the character has, you just need to make sure if the sim has the "vibe" of the character, hence asking feedback in this forum.

Sorry, but the nose looks off to me. I know it's a challenge replicating noses drawn like < or > in making sims, so I think it needs to be redone according to your own taste? Also his eyebrows need a little bit of slanting. His face shape is already good though.

Thanks for your feedback. I've modified the nose and tilted the eyebrows as you suggested. I also had a go with a different skintone.

(That nose shadow is one of life's greatest mysteries.)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 5:20 PM
I think he looks like Ash for sure! Nice work. Are you going to make Misty and Brock too?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
I think he looks like Ash for sure! Nice work. Are you going to make Misty and Brock too?

Thanks for commenting. Those two are in the works - it's mainly a matter of sculpting their faces or finding the right CC.