Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:21 AM
Default I'm feeling non tech savvy - isn't this processor better?
Alright, I have a Intel Core i7 with a 4700MQ Processor. I went on canirunit and it's telling me I need to upgrade to like the Intel Core i5-750 which makes 0 sense to me but I'm just getting back into gaming and all that so maybe it's a 'newer' one but 'better'? I don't know.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:26 AM
No, you're right. Yours is much much better.

On the passmark list, higher score is better. Your cpu is at the top and i5 750 is at the bottom.
pic for the lulz
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 3:40 AM
Can I Run It isn't the most reliable site. It's very likely that if it said you can't run a game that you really can.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:18 PM
I thought so! Thank you guys for helping me c:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 2:36 AM
Just agreeing. I only tried Can-I-Run it recently, and it's all over the place.

I use passmark benchmarks all the time, and have for years. Good site. {edit:} There's actually a compare feature to simplify the chart...
http://bit.ly/1vFJNOI
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
I thought so! Thank you guys for helping me c:

What are your other specs?
The price difference between the two CPU's you listed is so massive I am wondering why you chose those two...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
What are your other specs?
The price difference between the two CPU's you listed is so massive I am wondering why you chose those two...

Oh, my other specs?

Win8
GeForce GT 750M x 2
16 GB Memory
and obviously, i7

I wasn't sure if the i5 was newer thus 'better' in some type of way and I didn't want to get the game and not be able to play it properly.
Stupid people are stupid
#8 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
Oh, my other specs?

Win8
GeForce GT 750M x 2
16 GB Memory
and obviously, i7

I wasn't sure if the i5 was newer thus 'better' in some type of way and I didn't want to get the game and not be able to play it properly.

Oh duh... Sorry, didn't read properly. I thought you were looking to buy one.