Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#5501 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 7:50 PM
I use moveobjects on to stop that perpendicular thing, it also helps to put them on OMSPs to get them even closer; it's been a while since I did group photos so I'm not sure how accurate this will be

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#5502 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
As somebody who creates Sims and photographs them for upload, I have my fair share of pet peeves:
- When a Sim's jewelry/accessories disappears.
- When you're photographing a group of them together and you try to put them close together and they end up snapping together, causing them to perpendicular.
- When certain Sims keep logging errors and have to be reset.
- When you realise there's something wrong with the Sim in live mode and you have to make them all over again. (Thank god for the Sim bin!)
- The fact that you can't save Sims to the Sim bin in Create a Family - you have to put them in a lot and then extract them using SimPE.

-What do you mean the jewelry/accessories 'disappear?' Like clipping? Like if there's a necklace, it disappears a little when it clips into a shirt? I've never had this happen before where it straight up disappeared.
-A mix of the 'boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false' cheat and a walkthrough block, recolored to clear will always ease this issue.
-Don't take pics in debug mode, it will stop error pop ups from showing OR if you must play in debug mode, use the freezer clock to lock in a sims' position so they don't jump. I'm not sure if that will help if they are even frozen, I never play in debug mode.
-What do you mean 'something is wrong with the sim' enough you have to scrap them and re-get them from the sim bin? Are you talking like physically? if so, the gussy up plug in allows you to do facial surgery, change, appearance, and buy clothes to put them in. Additionally this CPackEditor program, when run will update genetics to any sim you have used gussy up on. Instructions to use here.
-I don't really understand the method of this enough to provide a solution. If you are creating sims to share, why not make them in body shop so you can skip the extraction method in SimPE?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5503 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:22 AM
Awnings that appear on the floor below where they're actually placed if you have walls up, so they're just floating there completely out of place with the rest of what's visible.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#5504 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:12 AM
Is there any way...at all...to get plantsims that I am not currently controlling to stop incessantly drinking from the bathroom sink and instead go swimming, take a shower, soak in a hot tub/hot springs, or drink literally anything else? I am so annoyed.
Theorist
#5505 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 6:25 PM
They could drink from bigger/better cups, in a way.

Better Plansim Drinks by Cyjon
Mad Poster
#5506 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 9:55 PM
I have that mod and unfortunately the drinks are still worthless. It makes me wonder how terrible they were without the mod.
Link Ninja
#5507 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 8:07 PM
I know it's my own fault for putting a sauna in the salon but I get really irked that the business owner and her mother just constantly go in there if I'm not constantly telling them to restock, sell, or ring up customers. The sauna is for the customers, ma'ams! (and I would probably do it too if I were in their position and could rapidly change in and out of a towel)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5508 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:27 AM
I hate when I end up spending days being too sick or just too tired to load my game up and play like I wanted to.I also hate when grocery emergencies force me to delay playing the game.
Mad Poster
#5509 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I hate when I end up spending days being too sick or just too tired to load my game up and play like I wanted to.

Yeah, same. I know that feel too well.
Alchemist
#5510 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 2:59 AM
Lot sizes. When a 1x2 is too small but a 2x2 is too big. I was trying to plan some downtown row houses and have been struggling with that one all day.

Also when you load up your game to discover that you inadvertently downloaded a default for something you actually like, and you don't even remember getting any recolors for it in the first place, and now you have to hunt down the item and remove it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#5511 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Lot sizes. When a 1x2 is too small but a 2x2 is too big. I was trying to plan some downtown row houses and have been struggling with that one all day.

My downtown row houses are 1X3. Narrow enough for the look of a row house, but long enough to fit a decent sized house.
Alchemist
#5512 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 3:23 PM
What I think I'll end up doing for this particular lot that I've been struggling with, is make it 2x2 but turn it into an apartment, with each floor as its own unit. But yeah, for other lots it's looking like I'll have to go that route (1x3) cuz I really want enough space for a 2 cars and at least a little backyard as well, and I don't want to do a basement.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5513 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 4:25 PM
Lack of terrains when playing a BACC or just growing the town and it starts getting a lerge population which requires adding new districts like shopping distrctis or downtowns and you have too few terrain options and the worst is when the default shopping district or downtown had to be activated before adding any custom ones.
Mad Poster
#5514 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 7:08 PM
and the worst is when the default shopping district or downtown had to be activated before adding any custom ones.

I don't think I understand what you mean. I've never had to do this.
Mad Poster
#5515 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I don't think I understand what you mean. I've never had to do this.

I think they meant that they don't have http://modthesims.info/d/420924/fix...-selection.html
and vanilla game doesn't let you select subhoods.
Mad Poster
#5516 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 5:08 PM
It's actually a very old issue I had back on my older laptop which was Windows XP back when I didn't use and hacks or CC.
@Annaminna -You just provided the link I forgot to as the fix for that default shopping district and downtown issue which I haven't had for years since starting with UC on my current Windows 7 laptop which forced my use of hacks,Mods and tons of CC to reduce the need for nonworking cheats.I can select any shopping district I want including the default if I want and can choose the default downtown if I want though it's no longer forced because of the download you linked.I've had it in my game for so long I almost forgot that the vanilla game forces the default shopping and downtown districts without it.
I also did a search though the custom empty terrains here and downloaded a huge haul which is fixing the other issue of not having enough options to choose from when expanding my crowded town.
Field Researcher
#5517 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 8:33 PM
When sims start to follow their spouse/romantic interest/crush in the bathroom under the pretense of "I just want to admire our amazing... towel rack!", said towel rack may have been there for sim-years and they remember to "admire" it every time their poor "significant other" wants to use the bathroom! I don't know if it's the game's intention that the sims act this way or it's a mod/hack but I hate it. To each their own, of cource, but I don't find this behaviour romantic, I think it's creepy and disgusting
Sims can, also, be very stalkerish to the point of... stupidity! For example, Gunnar Roque was studying a skill book in his own room and Zoe Zimmerman thought it was OK to write her diary, literally sitting on the floor next to his feet like a dog . Of cource, she couldn't write the stupid diary because he was too close to her and she thought he was reading it above her shoulder. OK, girl, you like him, flirt with him like a normal person, duh!
Mad Poster
#5518 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 9:52 PM
I don't know if it's mods or just the fact that I (almost) never let my sims do anything autonomously but I've never seen this sort of thing in my game.

On the diary thing, I have a mod called "Diary Builds Creativity + Sims Won’t Hide Diaries" (https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...chris-hatch-has) that makes it so sims never try to hide to write in it. They do still sit on the floor; that's just how that animation works.
Mad Poster
#5519 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
When sims start to follow their spouse/romantic interest/crush in the bathroom under the pretense of "I just want to admire our amazing... towel rack!", said towel rack may have been there for sim-years and they remember to "admire" it every time their poor "significant other" wants to use the bathroom! I don't know if it's the game's intention that the sims act this way or it's a mod/hack but I hate it. To each their own, of cource, but I don't find this behaviour romantic, I think it's creepy and disgusting
Sims can, also, be very stalkerish to the point of... stupidity! For example, Gunnar Roque was studying a skill book in his own room and Zoe Zimmerman thought it was OK to write her diary, literally sitting on the floor next to his feet like a dog . Of cource, she couldn't write the stupid diary because he was too close to her and she thought he was reading it above her shoulder. OK, girl, you like him, flirt with him like a normal person, duh!

Just because I was tired of sims crowding bathrooms, when there was literally 5-6 sims congratulating each other and of course followers, I downloaded bathroom doors from Simlogical and now I am pretty satisfied.
Followers just stop at closed door and wait or go look for another place where wash their dishes. Usually followers are triple-bolts chemistry, two-bolts chemistry sims don't follow so much.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5520 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 6:11 AM
Lack of terrains when playing a BACC or just growing the town and it starts getting a lerge population which requires adding new districts like shopping distrctis or downtowns and you have too few terrain options and the worst is when the default shopping district or downtown had to be activated before adding any custom ones.

If your game is forcing you to add the Maxis Downtown or Bluewater Village you have an issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5521 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 7:15 AM
Jo, you need that mod by Mootilda that Annaminna linked to a few posts back to add downtowns and shopping districts other than Maxis Downtown and Bluewater. Like myself you've probably had the mod for so long that you've forgotten all about it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#5522 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 1:38 PM
Thank you Annaminna. I have the Simlogical key-doors but I didn't have the bathroom one, I got it now.

Rosawyn, about Gunnar, Zoe and the diary, it's not the diary I have a problem with or her sitting on the floor (I know that sims sit on the floor to write in their diaries), the annoying thing was that they live in a dorm with 3 floors and the only place she chose to sit and write was in his room while he was studying and she was literally "glued" to his legs like a very loyal dog or cat would do (and some people, obviously, but let's not get into that now, lol!). Her effort to "hide" her diary from his sight, just added to the whole stupidity of the situation!
Mad Poster
#5523 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 4:00 PM
I had that forced add default downtown and shopping districts mostly on my old computer and haven't seen it for a long time and can add any shopping district or downtown map I want and the defaults are still available though optional and can be added at any time either right away or later on.
I always hated having thins trying to look like a crowded and very busy downtown Central New York in a newly established town on the community lots in my oldest games and started using a lot visitor controller Mod to fix that so my towns now end up looking like ghost towns as newly established towns which is way more reaslistic to a newly settled area.
Mad Poster
#5524 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#5525 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 3:48 PM
I have 2 more pet peeves:

1) I created the Langerak family from the sims 3 in the sims 2, only the parents and Iliana's sister, Zelda. After the whole process that I went through to make the game accept Zelda as a teen (apparently, her adult sister was not "adult" enough to be responsible for her ), baby Parker has been born. The game doesn't recognize him and Zelda as "family", so when he will be old enough it will be perfectly OK for him and his aunt to have a romantic relationship, game??? .
Thank goodness for the Sim Blender

2) When there is a single parent family, the parent "recognize" as their child's father/mother... the Mystery Sim??? Why can't the game assume that the kid was adopted? It's the only "Mystery Sim memory" even the Bat Box accepts! Why???
Page 221 of 275