Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:38 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 6th Apr 2015 at 5:02 PM.
Default GTW buy mode stuck new items glitch?
When going through buy/build mode to view new stuff, the yellow highlighted icons and the "new" message on the catalogue thumbnail entries are removed once the items have been viewed.

However, in the Skills & Activities section, the chessboard icon for "knowledge" items remains highlighted yellow, even after viewing the two new chemistry lab items.

Worse still, the card table icon for "recreation" items stays highlighted yellow, even though there are no new GTW items in that category.

Even after cache deletes and zero mods or CC, the icons are still fricking glowing yellow. They just won't quit. It's driving me batty, thinking my GTW download from Origin was glitched on install and I'm missing new items.

Is anyone else seeing this same stuck highlighted new item glitch?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 5:45 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I was actually wondering if there were objects in those categories that aren't showing up in the catalog for whatever reason.
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 11:02 PM
Thanks for letting me know, Kaleva. It's not just me then. Is it the exact same categories, or are you seeing it in different buy/build mode categories? If enough people point to the exact same thing, I can take it up with EA over at the official forums.

At the least, it's just an annoying icon glitch. At worst, we could genuinely be missing important items that will scupper any advancement in the new careers.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Thanks for letting me know, Kaleva. It's not just me then. Is it the exact same categories, or are you seeing it in different buy/build mode categories? If enough people point to the exact same thing, I can take it up with EA over at the official forums.

At the least, it's just an annoying icon glitch. At worst, we could genuinely be missing important items that will scupper any advancement in the new careers.

Yep, exact same categories.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 3:17 PM
Omg I'm not alone with that too then
I've checked with cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and well goldlighting disappear but when I'm loading thebuy/bild mode again it's showing stllnew objects.... OMG so stupid bug :/
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:58 PM
Refreshing - did anyone still has this glitch after last update? Bcs I have :/ Even after typing cheat to show all hidden objects and click them the lighting disappering but after going to live mode and going back to build mode nothing changing still the lighting is there. Even hidden objects are not lighting anymore but the icons for categories are....
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:52 PM
I've been having the same problem. It's not a big deal if you're not primarily a builder, though. But if you're a builder, then, there's no option but to wait for a patch and meanwhile ignore those lights.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st May 2015 at 9:15 AM
Yes. I added bug for ea help forum. And now need to wait. But Im builder so a bit disturbing. Good we don't miss any objects