Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#5301 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 3:14 AM
I'm making Daniel Pleasant cheat on Mary Sue on anyone he can and he wants to flirt with his mother in law. I have a mod that prevents that, thankfully.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5302 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 5:07 AM
Jodie and Jason Larson hosted their first party in Paradiso de Manana. The Larson twins were disappointed how the party turned out. They know they can do better, they just need to better acquaint themselves with Paradiso de Manana culture. They don't know who's who yet.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#5303 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 9:55 AM
My sim who had twelve kids just completed her LTW and the new one is to have six grandchildren. Her three oldest daughters rolled romance as either their primary or secondary aspiration and are currently each trying to woohoo 20 sims each. (The cycle of poverty sure is tragic in my neighbourhood, all her kids making the same mistakes she did as a teenager and then continuing into adulthood. The oldest triplets were born three days after Georgia became a teenager). I honestly think Georgia will have six grandkids before she even becomes an elder.
Mad Poster
#5304 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 12:10 PM
Veronica and Savannah Williams are nobles, but they really aren't behaving that way! They have a gentleman (unmarried noble women are not allowed to work or conduct business, so a gentleman is provided for them), and a lot of free time, so they are on a manhunt. I foresee problems in their high-context world.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#5305 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 3:57 PM
I'm pleased to report that a couple of my Sims achieved their lifetime goals. Stella Terrano became the Mayor of Downtown, finally achieving alien domination over the humans; the humans seem a bit relieved to give up the responsibility, tbh. And Frances J. Worthington III earned $100,000, achieving his goal of having lots and lots of money. He will probably retire and throw his wife, Jessie, an anniversary party.

In other news, Tank and Kristen have divorced. Tank found out that Kristen had been leading a double life, not only seeing other men behind his back but also leading a life of crime (and being quite successful at it). He saw this as a huge insult, considering that he had dedicated his life to Law Enforcement and is the leader of the SWAT Team. He was happy to see the back of her and actually got a positive memory from it. He bought a new suit and wherever he goes, the ladies think he looks rather hot, so maybe he won't be alone for long.
Scholar
#5306 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 3:28 AM
In my Highway to Respite "boardgame" hood, most Sims are now en route, with just three families still "procrastinating" in the bin.

The Ottomas clan didn't get far on their first day, and took so long getting ready to move on the next day that they decided to just stay put for a bit longer. With the twins due next round, I wonder if they will move on after that, or if they're going to end up trying to settle permanently and scratch a living out of the desert soil. They'll need to hurry up and build a shelter if they're going to stay - poor little Tommy is already cold, even in his outerwear, and fall has barely started.

Meanwhile the Ramirez family, who have been making good headway, found a bombed-out apartment building. The upper stories were gone, but the lower levels seemed to be intact. They've decided to spend a couple of nights there with a proper roof over their heads, not least because the folks who fled from that building left food behind, and the electricity somehow never got turned off, so Tessa just had her first hot meal ever - Grilled Cheese! She turns teen tomorrow, so I hope she realizes there are other things in life to aspire to!
Mad Poster
#5307 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 4:32 PM
The community service center is about to have a new extension completed and ready for use before it gets too far long into fall as they got the outside of the walls closed in with planks of wood.Dodge is getting close to being ready for the coming winter.
Field Researcher
#5308 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 10:25 PM
I don't know how this happened, but... I was experimenting to see how much chaos would happen if I let Sims fend for themselves on free will, and whether they could survive. I sent 4 Sims in the Grunt family to accept the delivery of groceries. Somewhere along the way, they all died of starvation. Remember my pet peeves post where I complained about how hard it is to accept deliveries in this game? Well I made that post before this even happened. I didn't expect this. Oh well. lol
Scholar
#5309 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:40 PM
I have this problem where I get through the first generation and wrap up their stories, and then I'm no longer interested in playing the neighborhood and want to start over. I can't ever seem to get through a second generation. I've restarted Strangetown, and this time I'm playing the main characters. I'm trying to make their stories more complex with long-term goals and conflict, and I'm also trying to include the children in the stories in the hopes that I'll get invested in them too and want to keep playing them. I'll post a few of their stories later; there's been a lot happening so far.
Scholar
#5310 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 9:49 PM
All the refugees are now on the Highway to Respite, though several of them are staying more than one night at the same encampment. Ginger and Gavin were unable to get the younger children organized to move on, mostly because Georgia and Garrett, having just aged up from toddler, were obsessed with showing off, holding up the older kids and getting in everyone's way. Tarek Lari and Jared Spurlock were just about to set off when Tarek went into labour; the babies, Miriam and Timothy, have green skin and human eyes. Jared will probably give birth next time, necessitating a third night in their current campsite. The Ottomas clan are spending a third night in the same place after Samantha gave birth to Carol and Mike. They have managed to put together a shelter just big enough for Tommy and the babies, but they are all permanently cold and it seems very likely that this won't end well for them. David Ottomas somehow knows Malcolm Landgraab's henchman Cyd Roseland, though, so there is a chance they could be rescued if Cyd happens to pass by and find them.

Julien Cooke is on the move, but made an even worse choice of 'luxury item' than Gilbert Jacquet's mirror. He insisted on bringing a bar, which he was then unable to return to inventory because he kept making new drinks and leaving them on top, so now he has nothing but his bed and fridge. He does have some company, however, as the Crittur dogs have decided to tag along with him - Sarah has a strange sense of having been his dog in some past life.

Florence Delarosa was finding the loneliness of the journey hard, so when Chester Gieke caught up with her, they decided to travel together. There doesn't appear to be any romantic interest on either side, just a need for company.

I missed something with the Jacquets, because Denise is furious with Gilbert and I have no idea why. He isn't furious with her, though, and has apologized, so whatever it was, he knows it was his fault (maybe it was that useless mirror!).
Field Researcher
#5311 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 10:01 PM
How do you decide whether they move on or the kids get in someone's way?
Scholar
#5312 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:16 PM
@BlueAlien I'm enjoying your story! Were you thinking of the Brady Bunch when you named the Ottomas twins?
Scholar
#5313 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:25 PM
The first house I played in Strangetown was the Specter house. It's a short story. But first, a little background on my Strangetown:

Strangetown was once a large military base that has been underfunded for years and fallen into disrepair. Just outside the town limits, there is still an active military research facility, with a science lab conducting research into astronomy, natural sciences, the paranormal, and medicine. Local government offices and schools are nearby, including a small college, La Fiesta Tech. The nearest city is about an hour away by taxi, so it’s not practical to live in Strangetown unless you plan to work for the military, as a scientist or medical researcher, or in public service or education, or you may eke out a living in the service industry. (Other careers are available if you live Downtown in the city.) It is an open secret that all of the military research in Strangetown focuses on aliens and that a spaceship crashed nearby. In fact, the aliens that have been observing Sims for decades come from a species that cannot reproduce themselves and must merge their genetic material with other species to survive.* The aliens are far more technologically advanced than Sims and sometimes abduct Sims to provide more genetic material for reproduction. Aliens and visibly alien hybrids can live out in the open in Strangetown without fear of persecution (at least, not blatant persecution) and can even hold jobs there. The military is highly prejudiced against them, though. The aliens hope to make Strangetown a more welcoming place for themselves.

Specter House: Ophelia asked Olive if she could go out with her boyfriend, Johnny Smith, but Olive said no. Ophelia was fuming; her aunt controls her with an iron fist and never lets her do anything. The next day, she got an A+ report card, which made her believe she could actually go to college. She applied for scholarships and got enough money to go to La Fiesta Tech without Olive's financial help, so she called a taxi and left. Olive was pretty upset that Ophelia left like that, but before she could do anything, the ghosts of her murder victims got their revenge on her by scaring her to death. And that's the end of the Specter story.

I had an idea to have the Travellers spend all the money they have to buy Olive's house because Trent is a ghost hunter and thinks he'll finally be able to prove the existence of ghosts. Trisha will be pretty miserable there, though, so it will put a strain on the marriage. Also, it will give my younger Sims another potential friend in Tina.

*This idea comes from Octavia Butler's trilogy published under the title Lilith's Brood.
#5314 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I have this problem where I get through the first generation and wrap up their stories, and then I'm no longer interested in playing the neighborhood and want to start over. I can't ever seem to get through a second generation. I've restarted Strangetown, and this time I'm playing the main characters. I'm trying to make their stories more complex with long-term goals and conflict, and I'm also trying to include the children in the stories in the hopes that I'll get invested in them too and want to keep playing them. I'll post a few of their stories later; there's been a lot happening so far.

I understand that completely. It's very easy to play with families that already have stories or to create a family and make up a backstory for them. It's also very easy to lose sight of that in your born in-game Sims and have them all mold to becoming the same with no interesting stories. I too struggle with that. I also only have 5 couples in my current hood, all straight couples husband & wife. When I add more families I'm going to try to create more variety- perhaps some single parents, single sims, or gay couples. I'm also trying to pay attention more to the kids to notice things about them and create their own stories.

My Romana family currently has eight children (four sets of twins) with another on the way. They're only babies, toddlers, and children at the moment, but I'm trying to see them more as individuals instead of as "the Romana children." That way they don't all end up as clones of their parents (family Sims + farmers) and they're more interesting.
Mad Poster
#5315 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 3:58 AM
I've got two homesteading couples so far in Dodge and that mostly what will be settling there though some just might be crafting sims instead and not need a big homestead lot for their life work simce it can be done on a community lot or at home if it's not too expensive.I'll have more variety in my families as the town grows and eventually have neighborhoods attatched to it so I can have different districts like shopping and downtown distircts.
Field Researcher
#5316 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 9:21 AM
"SciDad", the patriarch of most of the alien families in my Strangetown, died of old age the other day. The damage... wasn't too bad. Thankfully only 3 grandchildren had the "Relative Dies" fear. I was afraid at first because I love my Sim babies. Their aspiration meters hit rock bottom, but they were young enough to bounce back pretty quickly. One toddler and two children.
Forum Resident
#5317 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 9:47 AM
I just had a wedding for two sims. After the ceremony, when all the people stand and clap. I noticed the bride's brother-in-law Juan shaking his head. He had the queue action of "Disapprove".

What jerk. Juan has zero relationship with bride Audrey and the groom Camden. He has 2 bolts with Audrey, but Audrey and Camden have 3 bolts, so it's not about jealousy. Also, Camden's older brother Archer is married to Juan's sister, and Archer and Juan are both cops and really good friends. Why does Juan hate Camden so much?

Camden is a great guy! He and Audrey were teen parents, and he stuck by her, and they both earned scholarships to be the first in their respective families to go to university. He became a natural scientist. He's the first child in his family to be able to afford a house. And when he got a surprise promotion from Rogue Botantist straight to Ecoglogical Guru with got a huge bonus, he send $500 scholarships to all his and Audrey's nieces and nephews- including Juan's kids!

Oh, and to top it all off, Juan spent the rest of the wedding chatting up Camden's elderly widowed mother:

He's MARRIED. With 5 children! Who were at the wedding! Actually, I don't think I would want the approval of someone like this if I were Camden and Audrey!

Anyway, the wedding was lovely.

Screenshots
Scholar
#5318 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 1:39 PM
I wanted to get every household on the same day, so I played the Curious and Beaker houses a few days longer since they start off earlier in the week than the others.

Curious House: Pascal had his daughter, Ursula. Vidcund was abducted and came back pregnant. Nervous came by the house and told Pascal all about the horrible experiments the Beakers had been performing on him. Pascal offered to Nervous to hide out with them and help take care of the baby, and Nervous agreed. Vidcund, unfortunately, did not survive the aftereffects of his alien abduction.* Lazlo, who is the idea man of the family, decided they needed to bring Vidcund back from the dead, and he convinced Pascal to transfer to the Paranormal department to learn how to resurrect people. Nervous was great at helping out with Ursula, and after she became a toddler, Pascal declared his love for him, and Nervous reciprocated. They went on a dream date, got engaged, and threw a wedding party all in one day. Nervous knew he was safe from the Beakers then, and also that he wanted to adopt more unwanted Strangetown children to protect them from falling into the Beakers' clutches.

*Regarding Vidcund, I wasn't paying attention to him, and I forgot about that card table out front where he goes to eat. I think I did the same exact thing when I first played this house. I wrote his death into the story and hopefully will get him back. I have since remodeled and refurnished the house to make it more reasonable and so there's a master bedroom for Pascal/Nervous and a nursery for all the kids they're going to adopt.

Beaker House: Loki was enraged that Nervous snuck out in the middle of the night. He found out through work gossip where Nervous was and also that he couldn't get him back, so he is on the warpath against the Curious brothers. He also needs a new test subject. His sister Erin recently moved back to town, and she is easily manipulable and knows lots of people, so Loki figured he could use her to recruit new test subjects once he gets close to her again. Circe was feeling neglected, so she got pregnant. She plans to mold her son Telegonus exactly in her image. Erin may undermine this plan, though, as she's already taking better care of the baby than either of his parents.
Scholar
#5319 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 4:36 PM
@enebya Everybody has to be dressed and ready to go before the mailman arrives, or they don't move on. They also don't move on right after somebody has given birth or if it's snowing heavily, and Sims who land in the 'bombed out' apartment building halfway along the route stay a second night just for a rest. The kids got in the way all by themselves. I'd tell the older kids to do something, and either they'd be too engrossed watching the little ones to move immediately, or the action would drop from their queue because somebody was doing cartwheels right in front of the bath. I'd no sooner get one to move than another would block the way or create a distraction! I know I could turn free will off, but unplanned chaos makes the game more interesting.

@sturlington Thank you! No, the kids' names were purely coincidental: I have a list of male and female names, taken from the authors of whatever I'm reading, and usually just take the next one on the list unless there's some good reason not to. Although now you've pointed it out, if Samantha has any more children they'll have Brady Bunch names - naming her kids from a TV show is the sort of thing she would do.
Mad Poster
#5320 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 4:49 PM
I played a little retro Strangetown and for the first time ever I got Lazlo abducted! Vidcund is still pregnant and Tycho is babying right along, so it was a good time to move Nervous in. There's a second-floor room with a double bed in it, but Nervous and Pascal are both ace, so who knows whether they'll ever be curious enough to woohoo in it?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5321 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 5:20 PM Last edited by sturlington : 6th Jul 2020 at 11:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I played a little retro Strangetown and for the first time ever I got Lazlo abducted! Vidcund is still pregnant and Tycho is babying right along, so it was a good time to move Nervous in. There's a second-floor room with a double bed in it, but Nervous and Pascal are both ace, so who knows whether they'll ever be curious enough to woohoo in it?

Agree, my Pascal and Nervous like to give each other kisses and affectionate gestures but don't have wants for woohoo, and if they are choosing the bed to sleep in, they will always choose the single bed over their more comfortable double one. They have autonomously woohooed a couple of times, though.

Singles Household: The four girls moved into their tiny house, got their correct last names, and got jobs. Kristen has to sleep in the basement, where there's also an old bathtub. Chloe got fired right away and was in such a bad mood that she picked a fight with Erin. Erin ran crying to her brother Loki, who invited her to stay with them instead--that will make his plans easier. Lola also got fired, and Erin is persecuting them by knocking over their trashcan. Now the two Curious girls are thinking there might be widespread bias against aliens in Strangetown. They want to start a movement for aliens' rights. Kristen just goes to work.

Loner Household: Ajay will likely be Loki and Erin's first recruit for new test subject.

Update: Erin and Loki got Ajay to move in, and he actually enjoys the experiments! He is also very handy around the house; he cleans, repairs broken appliances, and takes care of the baby. And he got Erin pregnant and secretly proposed to her. I think this isn't going as Loki has planned, but I find it hilarious.
Scholar
#5322 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:00 PM
Smith Household: Tank Grunt crashed Johnny's birthday party. Johnny got in a fight with him and won, but the party was still a disaster. Johnny grew up and got his dream job in Politics. This qualified him for a mortgage, so he was able to move out. Circe brought Jenny home for dinner one night, and now she's dying to find out what exactly is going on at the Beaker house. She thinks Circe might be in an abusive relationship. PT#9 just wants to play with Jill, take care of his lawn, and sleep on the couch in his underwear.

Johnny got settled in his new house, went to work, and got fired the very first day. He lost his mortgage and had to move back in with his parents. He's sure General Buzz Grunt is behind his firing but doesn't know what to do about that. Jenny thinks he needs a wife.

Grunt Household: Tank got the job in the Military like his father wanted and got fired the first day. (I've never had so many firings!) He felt like a failure, so he wiped off his face paint and went to college, where he's majoring in drama. Ripp also wants to go to college, but first he had to get some important business out of the way. Fortunately, he brought a hot girl home from work. He schmoozed her all night until he got his first kiss. General Buzz has a lifetime want to be Mayor of Strangetown. He sees himself as the big cheese around town and wants everyone to acknowledge that. He got a huge bonus at work, so he decided to use that to start his political career and got elected to the City Council (and yes, he was behind Johnny Smith getting fired). He had the Beakers over to dinner as they are a prominent couple in town, and after that, he and Circe started a clandestine affair. He actually wants to marry her! (She is keeping her cards close to her chest.) Buzz is focusing on whipping Buck into shape now that Tank is gone. Buck just wants to please everyone.
Mad Poster
#5323 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:32 PM
I've been working on fixing up a boardinghouse I once created back on my old computer to have it updated with some of the new content and still haven't finised working on that apartment lot.
Scholar
#5324 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 12:52 PM Last edited by sturlington : 9th Jul 2020 at 2:18 PM.
A lot happened in the Beaker household. After a long heart-to-heart with General Buzz, Circe decided to tell Loki about the affair and well, he slapped her. So the relationship is abusive. She held on for about a day, but then he attacked her, and she won the fight. She threatened to turn him into the authorities--a threat with teeth, considering who General Buzz is--and Loki ran. Of course, Circe didn't turn him in; she hid all his weird scientific equipment and said nothing. Loki is hiding out in the city, and only Erin knows where he is. Now Erin and Ajay are free to marry, and Circe is free to be with Buzz, if that's what she chooses.

A few more updates from my game: Pascal and Nervous adopted a daughter, Olivia, named after Nervous's mother. Erin and Ajay had a son, Vincent, and plan to get married now that Loki is no longer an obstacle.

Tank graduated from college and moved back home to get a job in law enforcement; he basically is the Strangetown PD. He had two very unsuitable girlfriends in college: Stella, an alien, and Ophelia, niece of the woman who may have killed his mother. Buzz would not approve of either, so Tank currently has no romantic prospects. Ophelia also graduated, but having no reason to go back to Strangetown, she moved to the city to pursue a career in journalism (cue Mary Tyler Moore theme).

Lola persuaded Johnny to join her cause in fighting for an end to discrimination and persecution of aliens. Chloe got pregnant from a one-night stand, so she and Lola moved in with the Smiths so Jenny could help with the baby. PT#9 died, and the family was despondent.

Three new families moved into Strangetown. The Ottomases live next to the Grunts. Peter is the town's only newspaper reporter, and Samantha works for the school. They have too little money and too many children. The Travellers bought Olive's old house because Trent is an avid ghost hunter. His wife, Trisha, resents that they spent all their savings to move out to the middle of nowhere; she misses city life. Gunnar Roque dropped out of college and moved to Strangetown because he thought that it would be a good place to practice his three hobbies--selling weed, playing rock 'n' roll, and free love--without getting hassled for it. He doesn't know that his college roommate Ripp's brother is the law around Strangetown and would very much enjoy hassling him.
Mad Poster
#5325 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:09 PM
I've gottem more object additions placed in my apartment update of my social assistance boarding house build and will have to save it to the library.
Page 213 of 349