Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2020 at 8:52 PM
Default Game is stuttering and lagging constantly?
OK so I've had The Sims 1 on this exact PC before and recently reinstalled using the copy from OldGamesDownload. I've also reinstalled some of the mods I used before, mainly stuff by Simlogical, Gnohmon and SomeSimThings. I also have a few CC sets from Parsimonious. Never had any issues with these creators' stuff before and last time my game ran smooth as butter.

I am using a cracked .exe file made to run the game in 1080p mode, as I have done before with no issue.

My PC specs are: i5-8th gen CPU, 16GB RAM, 1050Ti GPU.

The issue I've had since I reinstalled yesterday is constant stuttering and lag every few sim minutes, with each pause being up to 5-10 seconds. It's making the game unplayable.

I've reset all skins back to the default ones that game with the game, and I don't have that many mods (said mods never caused issues for me before either). I've applied the 4gb patch to the .exe file too, yet still I have this issue.

What can I do to fix it, or will I have to reinstall again?