Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 11:21 PM Last edited by atakogonet : 12th Jun 2020 at 1:02 AM.
Default How do I install sims that were created with CC and are in .Sim3Pack (not .sim) format?
Hi!
I'm sure that this question was asked before but it seems I am unable to formulate a correct search query... So here it is, I hope someone will be kind enough to help me
Some of the creators upload the sims in .sim files and give links to all CC they used (or upload it in a separate file). This way it's easy to put a .sim file in your SavedSims folder and CC in Mods folder. But what should I do with sims in .Sims3Pack? If I unpack it, there's just one large package which I assume has the sim and all used CC merged together. Does it go in the Mods folder or somewhere else? What if I already have some of this CC (I keep everything in packages)? Am I going to have duplicates in my game, can they cause lags and crashing? I am not even sure how to un-merge these packages because they don't seem to have the same resources as other CC does.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 4:23 AM
I use CUSTARD. Open the sims3pack with CUSTARD and see what's inside. Decide what you want to keep, or not. Check against those you want to keep and "save as" and create a new file with a different name and only the items you want to keep.

Convert to a .package file with multi installer and pop it in your Library folder.

A .sim file is always preferable but if you just can't live without that sim, this is how you can avoid any duplicates and potential nasties. Hope this makes sense
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
I use CUSTARD. Open the sims3pack with CUSTARD and see what's inside. Decide what you want to keep, or not. Check against those you want to keep and "save as" and create a new file with a different name and only the items you want to keep.

Convert to a .package file with multi installer and pop it in your Library folder.

A .sim file is always preferable but if you just can't live without that sim, this is how you can avoid any duplicates and potential nasties. Hope this makes sense

Yes, I did that, but inside some sims3packs there is just a single big package that I supposed is merged.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 10:09 PM
I think that means the sim just doesn't come with any cc? But to see if it is merged, you could open the package file in S3PE and see if there are any CASP resources which means there would be some CAS cc that is in that package. As far as I'm aware there's no easy way to unmerge package files though if it is in fact merged.