Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 6:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Increase current lot size
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

I have a household that I have been playing with for the past few months and I like the location of the lot. I am wondering if there is a way to increase the current size of the lot to give my sims some more room by either a mod or cheat code. The land behind my current lot is just empty space, nothing but trees and rocks so I would like to extend my lot out that way. I am in the sunset valley world. I have the MasterController, the debugenabler, the woohooer and the portrait panel mods installed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 9:28 PM
There is unfortunately no way to do that. What you can try is, working within Edit Town, save the residential lot as a copy down to the bin, evict the household to the side of the screen, bulldoze both the lot and then its underlying footprint, and then try to put a larger footpriint in its place before replacing the binned lot copy and moving everyone back in. But be prepared to quit without saving if you can't get the larger footprint placed for some reason.

Or you might place a second lot and have the active household purchase it as a second home and live over both lots. But if the second lot is not adjacent to a road, you may find some routing issues develop there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There is unfortunately no way to do that. What you can try is, working within Edit Town, save the residential lot as a copy down to the bin, evict the household to the side of the screen, bulldoze both the lot and then its underlying footprint, and then try to put a larger footpriint in its place before replacing the binned lot copy and moving everyone back in. But be prepared to quit without saving if you can't get the larger footprint placed for some reason.

Or you might place a second lot and have the active household purchase it as a second home and live over both lots. But if the second lot is not adjacent to a road, you may find some routing issues develop there.

I tried that before but it didn’t work. I did come across a mod add any size lot from velocitygrass, does anybody know if that works.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mystic74
I tried that before but it didn’t work. I did come across a mod add any size lot from velocitygrass, does anybody know if that works.

I have used velocitygrass mod lot size mod and it generally works for new lots. What size of lot is your household currently on and what size of lot are you looking to place? Sunset Valley has some routing issues so I am not sure deleting an empty lot is always good for that world. I think I would rather lose the location and try to place a saved lot on a larger existing lot in Sunset Valley due to it's routing but the choice is yours.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I have used velocitygrass mod lot size mod and it generally works for new lots. What size of lot is your household currently on and what size of lot are you looking to place? Sunset Valley has some routing issues so I am not sure deleting an empty lot is always good for that world. I think I would rather lose the location and try to place a saved lot on a larger existing lot in Sunset Valley due to it's routing but the choice is yours.

I think I am on a 30 x 40 lot size currently and I would like to make it 50 x 40 or 60 x 40. I just want to expand the lot the one length so that I can have more room for my horses. I currently have a male and female unicorn and then a mare and stallion that I use frequently for breeding and raising horses to sell. My current lot can only have 3 box stalls side by side and I was thinking of getting a 4th one for the stallion, plus I wanted to build a nice big pond so I can stock it with the fish I catch as well as use it for fishing. The location of my lot is at 58 Water Lily lane if that helps any.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 6:41 AM
Velocitygrass' mod is great, I use it as well. But it doesn't do what you are seeking for an existing lot, no mod can do that. What it does is allow us to place new lot footprints down that are non-standard sizes by first specifying what those non-standard sizes can be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 4:04 PM
Velocitygrass' mod is great, I use it as well. But it doesn't do what you are seeking for an existing lot, no mod can do that. What it does is allow us to place new lot footprints down that are non-standard sizes by first specifying what those non-standard sizes can be.

Ok, thanks.

What if I go into edit town and save the lot to the bin, then evict the household and bulldoze the lot. Would I be able to use velocitygrass’ mod to increase the size of the lot then. And then place the household back onto the lot. I don’t really want to download the mod and try this unless I know it might work. Has anybody done this.

And on a side note, where can I post about errors I receive during game play, I have a few that pop up in regards to the portrait panel and the woohooer.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 7:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 30th Jun 2020 at 10:28 PM.
And on a side note, where can I post about errors I receive during game play, I have a few that pop up in regards to the portrait panel and the woohooer.

PortaitPanel and Woohooer are NRaas mods. The place to ask for assistance with them, including seeking help with errors being reported, would be at NRaas. It's kind of what we are there for.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#10 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 10:50 PM
I think given what you have stated you want it might be better to evict either the Alto or Landgraab family and bulldoze the house on that lot. Then evict your family from their current lot and save it to bin and then save the lot to bin seperately. Place your saved lot on the former Alto or Landgraab lot and move your sims in. At either of those locations you have close access to a fishing spot and equestrian center if you have not changed it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 6:36 PM
PortaitPanel and Woohooer are NRaas mods. The place to ask for assistance with them, including seeking help with errors being reported, would be at NRaas. It's kind of what we are there for.

How do I contact them in regards to the errors that I am receiving. I have looked on the NRaas website but can’t find a place to ask questions. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 11:57 PM
How do I contact them in regards to the errors that I am receiving. I have looked on the NRaas website but can’t find a place to ask questions. Thanks.

Our forum boards are here: https://www.nraas.net/community

You do have to make a free account and be logged in to post. Choose the board for the mod that is giving you trouble or use the general Chatterbox board and we'll move the post if necessary.