Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1376 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
EA CEO Says Company Is Changing to Become "Player-First"
"Player first"? These people really have no shame, do they?

No, honest, they're changing. Just really, really slowly. Maybe by 2050 or so.

Until then, you can expect the same short-term investor-driven decisions.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1377 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:51 PM
"expand the game"

Expand = Expansion = Expansion Pack.

You forgot "intuitive" and "fun". Intuitactfun!

You crack me up

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#1378 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:52 PM
I don't think any of us are mad a Graham, I know I'm not. This isn't his fault, and I hope he knows we aren't trying to attack him, we are all just very frustrated.

But like always, thanks for come here Graham and trying to deal with us.

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Forum Resident
#1379 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pakia
"Why is that teenager telling his parents what to do? And why is my adult Sim going to school?"

So much potential confusion
Instructor
#1380 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne

(I'm all for holding other things against them, but you don't see even 'hardcore' gamers arguing about this. Before you say 'blah blah making use of RAM', most games don't use that much RAM anyway and VRAM/GPU power is often more important.)

Wasn't the main problem with sims 3 the lack of memory? error 12?
Forum Resident
#1381 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I dunno... my Mom got a lot butt-heavy in her later years....

......if she was still alive, she'd smack me upside the head with a slipper for that comment
damn, but I miss her a lot sometimes...

I'm just going by developmental psychology, which talks about averages. So there will be exceptions, of course

Quote: Originally posted by cece15624
I have no idea, I've never counted "pre-teen" as an actual lifestage, its more of a stereotype in my opinion

When I think of pre-teen I think of kids who love boy bands, are going through puberty, will not be seen anywhere with their parents, and say "swag and yolo" at least once in every sentence and make those little charm bracelets with their rainbow looms or whatever its called.

Then I think to myself, I don't want that in my game. Most of those things could be added to either the teen or child stage which gives them more animations and depth, instead of another useless stage that only lasts three or four years in real life.

maybe I should post this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread. I will probably for sure win the contest.

See what I bolded. I can see why people aren't gung-ho about preteens, but I always felt like jumping from a kid to a teen seemed really abrupt.
Field Researcher
#1382 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:53 PM
I can just see the conversations amongst families in TS4 now.

Sim Mom: Honey, sit down. I think it's time we had "the talk."
Sim Son: Mom, you're a bit late. I'm a Young Adult now. Can't you tell the difference?!
Field Researcher
#1383 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:54 PM
I...think you will be hard-pressed to find anyone who wants 'pre-teens'.

Hmm. I always see millions of people commenting on forums and Youtube pages about how "pre-teens" are a great idea, and would have been an amazing addition to all of the sims games, I've even seen at least three petitions to put them in the game. Even threads dedicated soley to them. I've never wanted pre-teens, I thought it was stupid and useless. All the interactions could and should be included to either kid or teen.

My opinion,

❤"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened"❤"It's okay for you to disagree with me I can't force you to be right"❤"I don't care what anybody says, sleep is my BFF"❤
Field Researcher
#1384 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
They should serioously get all the bad news out of the way in one go! If they release a bit of bad news every week the bad news will never stop being the talk of the internet!

Yes purge it all out there,otherwise at this rate the game is going to die by a thousand cuts, meanwhile I am going to die by Laughing to Death if I keep reading the official forums and tweets on Sims Community, some classic stuff .
Scholar
#1385 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
Wasn't the main problem with sims 3 the lack of memory? error 12?

Don't know, I didn't play TS3 long enough to find out, though. Sounds like poor optimization of data files, or a memory leak. Either way, 'throw more memory at it' is not the answer.
Lab Assistant
#1386 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
In other news, I'm going to crawl away from the forum and take a nice long shower so no one sees me crying over a video game.

I never thought I'd cry over a video game. Try calling me "not a real gamer" now!!

Seriously though, my brother plays COD and he practically screams at that game, his voice nearly breaking, so I guess I'm at his level now. HA!

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Scholar
#1387 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plumbobot
So much potential confusion

Confusion.... that's an emotion, right??

EMOTIONS!!!

Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I'm just going by developmental psychology, which talks about averages. So there will be exceptions, of course

When it came to Mother dearest, there were a LOT of exceptions
...oh, I'm gonna get haunted tonight in my dreams, I just know it lolol

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#1388 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samsam594
I don't think any of us are mad a Graham, I know I'm not. This isn't his fault, and I hope he knows we aren't trying to attack him, we are all just very frustrated.

Oh I'm not mad at Graham.

People are angry at some of the decisions the team has made. It's nothing personal. I'm sure they're lovely people in general.
Lab Assistant
#1389 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
How I have to play sims 3 after buying my disks from Origin. I have to use pirate disks and use my Origin codes because the game crashes after less then a 1/2 hour of play.
The disk downloads from Origin for me are so buggy.

From now on i will only buy phyical disks.

I did not get Sims 3 when it first came out.
Why was it up to the modders and CC makers to make Sims 3 work so well and offer better game play. Now it looks like EA is expecting them to make Sims 4 more enjoyable and less buggy.
Scholar
#1390 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
Hmm. I always see millions of people commenting on forums and Youtube pages about how "pre-teens" are a great idea, and would have been an amazing addition to all of the sims games, I've even seen at least three petitions to put them in the game. Even threads dedicated soley to them. I've never wanted pre-teens, I thought it was stupid and useless. All the interactions could and should be included to either kid or teen.

My opinion,

Yeah, it looks like you and I are on this train alone.

You can share my snacks though.
Test Subject
#1391 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:55 PM
Seriously i cringed when i noticed this in the video now someone on twitter posted this somebody hold me
Screenshots
Theorist
#1392 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinn2
No, honest, they're changing. Just really, really slowly. Maybe by 2050 or so.

Until then, you can expect the same short-term investor-driven decisions.

We are mere peasants as we are not worthy of betas.

Quote:
Wilson said EA can become a more "player-first" company in a number of ways, one of which is showing games earlier, like the company did at E3 with BioWare's next Mass Effect and new IP. Another way to do so is releasing public betas earlier in the development process, which the company also did with Battlefield Hardline, currently in beta on PC and PS4 ahead of its full release on October 21.
Top Secret Researcher
#1393 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:56 PM
Graham Crackers, since T/YA/A/E are the same height, what gameplay difference will there be to differentiate the four, besides teens and elder women not reproducing?

I would ask you on Twitter, but I'm on enough social networks. No desire to be on more.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#1394 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:57 PM
Error 12 is a result of not having enough RAM to run Sims 3. I have 8 gigs of RAM so I never get Error 12, but I occasionally get error 16.
Forum Resident
#1395 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:00 PM
You and all the other people disagreeing with me:

ALMOST ALL GAMES ARE 32-BIT ONLY.

Asking 'how many games do you know which are 64-bit only' is a valid question, and the fact that no one has an answer is telling. There aren't many. Even the serious game-engine innovators are just barely starting up. This argument is specious.

(I'm all for holding other things against them, but you don't see even 'hardcore' gamers arguing about this. Before you say 'blah blah making use of RAM', most games don't use that much RAM anyway and VRAM/GPU power is often more important.)

If RAM is not an issue, why are there loading screens between neighborhoods?
And don't you think more memory could perhaps help reducing those load times? At least in a scenario with multiple worlds and 8 EPs installed?

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Field Researcher
#1396 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samsam594

He is a brave man.

Yeah, I'm not mad at any of the Gurus, even some of the ones that bug me, they set out to make a good game and it's not their fault they got roped into a game with such a close release date and still mostly incomplete, scraping so much.
Top Secret Researcher
#1397 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
I was commenting with one of our designers just this morning how it leaves the door open for pre-teens nicely. Don't know if that will actually happen - toddlers would certainly be the first priority for us when considering how to expand the game.

I would like this. I think if you've removed toddlers to begin with, you better make it worth it to add them back. I want lots of gameplay interactions, objects, furniture, the whole shebang. And I'm definitely onboard with preteens, or however you want to call it. Babies going to children and then children to adults is just, no.

Quote: Originally posted by Pakia
I wouldn't mind if young adults were removed and the developers inserted some pre-teens and the goddamned toddlers. A middle-age group would be nice as well.
I agree to preteens and a middle-aged group.
Test Subject
#1398 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:03 PM
With T/YA/A/E all being the same height wouldn't that mean that creating animated cars is not as complicated as before? That'd sort of be a small nice thing to start filling up the "returning features bowl" which is currently sadly empty.

Simblr | LJ | DW
Lab Assistant
#1399 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:03 PM
Just last week I was complaining about the lack of information, I take it back. It was ignorant bliss.
Test Subject
#1400 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 9:03 PM
I have no idea, I've never counted "pre-teen" as an actual lifestage, its more of a stereotype in my opinion

When I think of pre-teen I think of kids who love boy bands, are going through puberty, will not be seen anywhere with their parents, and say "swag and yolo" at least once in every sentence and make those little charm bracelets with their rainbow looms or whatever its called.

Then I think to myself, I don't want that in my game. Most of those things could be added to either the teen or child stage which gives them more animations and depth, instead of another useless stage that only lasts three or four years in real life.

maybe I should post this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread. I will probably for sure win the contest.

I guess that age group would allow Sims to have a "smoother" age transition without seeming they went from 10 to 18. Same as toddlers
Locked thread
Page 56 of 920