Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 68
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:09 PM
@Bellgirl: Non-default skins don't have to be enabled, but with the default CAS basics screen it's clumsy to see them - you have to click the skin tone picker and then use your mouse wheel to scroll through the skin tones. All the 'extras' packages for the skin tone panel do is make a separate panel that makes it easier. And of course the version with both the skin tone panel and the slider range mod will increase the range of your body sliders.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:23 PM
I've been watching the development thread for quite some time. I was afraid I wasnt going to be able to use this since I was using AWT's slider hack. Now with the non-core version NRaas made, I can give my male and female simmies tattoos from head to toe and practically everywhere in between ^^
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
I've been watching the development thread for quite some time. I was afraid I wasnt going to be able to use this since I was using AWT's slider hack. Now with the non-core version NRaas made, I can give my male and female simmies tattoos from head to toe and practically everywhere in between ^^

Since XCAS has the same modifications as AWT's slider hack, you should be able to use it either way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 9:52 PM
I use Awsomemod and Master Contoller (can be done with the right settings) and was very discouraged that I would not be able to use this. I'm so very glad that I checked it out anyway! Thank you for this awesomeness and having the amazing intelligence to make it compatible with Master Controller! Yay you! (*clap, clap, clap*)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:03 PM
Thanks very much - but the Master Controller compatibility is due to Twallan's amazing intelligence! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:10 PM
Hey now... I will not take credit for that. CmarNYC did all the heavy lifting, I simply converted it to work non-core.

All Kudos to the original creator.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 10:50 PM
Does this only enable the editing of the nude outfit? How oes the outfit actually be used in gameplay? or can it? Thanks!
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 4:31 AM
I'm getting a "Not compatible with current version" box at start up. I'm currently running LN v6.0.81. I read the readme's, selected what i wanted and extracted to my documents/mod folder. Is there some crucial step I'm overlooking?
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MuzikManiak19
I'm currently running LN v6.0.81.

This is a Core-Mod, and should only be run on Patch-level 1.19, or in your case Patch-level 6.2 .

Either upgrade to the latest patch-level, or use the MasterController variant of the mod.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 6:48 AM
I installed the mod & I absolutely love it! Thanks so much! Although I'm having a problem & not sure if it's related but when I'm in game my sims just stand there, they don't do anything, even when I try to make them do anything, they just stand? Am I doing something wrong? This started happening right after I installed. I also have mastercontroller version 38 & mastercontroller expanded tattoo version 38 installed as well? I really love both mods and would like to keep them both if that's possible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 6:55 AM Last edited by mooglefly : 17th Feb 2011 at 9:08 AM.
@CmarNYC: I have installed the tattooLocations.package, and i might have to check up on that popup thing. I haven't installed any other core mods, so in theory, the mod should be working. However, seeing as there is now a non-core version, i'll try that out first. thanks anyways.

EDIT: works now with the non-core version. thanks, tis' an awesome mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 11:13 AM
Hey, this is too cool! Thanks a lot, really.
And it's also great that you translated it into so many languages.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 1:02 PM
@rdkeeney: The nude outfit is normally only used when bathing/showering, but some people use mods to have their sims walk around nude. The real value of editing the nude outfit is for people using custom accessories such as scars or tattoos cloned from socks or gloves, which otherwise disappear when nude. It can also be handy in cases when the sim's nude outfit has somehow become corrupted or set to use the wrong CAS parts.

@Azreal77: This (XCAS) and Master Controller expanded tattoo are mutually incompatible. If you have both installed we may have just found out what the effect is! You need to either remove the XCAS_core package or the MC expanded tattoo package - they do the same thing so you don't need both anyway.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#39 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 5:07 PM
Thank you so much for the update Cmar!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 9:32 PM
This is totally great, tested it and I'm totally loving it!
I have an pretty silly question, though: what happens if I make a sim with a tattoo on one of the additional locations and then share the file? Will the sim keep the tattoo in that location even if it's downloaded by someone who doesn't have the mod? Considering that the tattoos on additional locations remain on the sims even if you remove the mod, I'm guessing sharing sims shouldn't cause problems either, but I thought about asking, anyway =)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 10:44 PM
What SHOULD happen is that if the person getting the sim has the TattooLocations package, the tattoos will stay put. If they don't have the locations package, the tattoos will disappear. I say SHOULD because I haven't tested that particular sennario. You could try removing the locations package and see if your sim still has the tattoo - as far as I know there are no bad effects of installing and uninstalling the mod as long as you clear your cache files.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 11:24 PM
Can a non-core version not requiring the master controller be done? I don't understand why I should add an unneeded mod just to get the added tattoos locations
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
I don't understand why I should add an unneeded mod just to get the added tattoos locations

In order to change CAS non-core, one needs to wrap that system with various routines.

Since MasterController already contained the required wrappers, it was simple to add the Tattoo adjustments.

It is possible to do the same in a completely separate mod... Perhaps when CmarNYC has some free time they will pursue that course on their own.

Cheers.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 12:15 AM
I love it!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Can a non-core version not requiring the master controller be done? I don't understand why I should add an unneeded mod just to get the added tattoos locations

What Twallan said. I might do that at some point but it's not high on my list right now, since MC does the job very nicely and I don't see much need to reinvent the wheel. Each modder tends to specialize in certain kinds of things, and stepping outside that area can be an awful lot of work. The kind of non-core modding Twallan specializes in is not my area.

MasterController won't harm your game, and it has so many useful functions that IMO installing it can only be a benefit.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 8:35 AM
Hey CmarNYC, I brought up an idea over on Twallan's board, but he said it was best to discuss it with you.

If you could look at my post it'd be good:

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....msg3790#msg3790

Anyway, basically it's about the size of the tattoo at the lower back. I've been told that's the default size, and I have to say it sucks! I've got a few clothing (glove) type tattoos that come out well in this area, so I'm not overly fussed. But would it be possible to change the size to a more workable one?

I'm not asking for an immediate change. Just, if you look at this again and see a way to do it, then that would be great.

I really like this system. I was never really a fan of the EA tattoo placements, ever since I saw that I could put a tattoo on the ankle, in front. Utterly stupid. But your new placements make much more sense. So thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#47 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:50 PM
Hi, Tryguy. I've been following the thread at NRaas and as soon as I'm registered there I'll join in a little.

That's the size EA made the lower back tattoo, and I agree it's dumb both because there's no need to make it so small and because the small tattoos become blurry. I initially didn't want to mess with the game tattoos but if people want some default replacements I can certainly do that - it's quite easy. Maybe the size of that lower back one and one to move the ankle tattoo to the side or back of the ankle? If anyone has more ideas, I'm listening.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
MasterController won't harm your game, and it has so many useful functions that IMO installing it can only be a benefit.
Most of the Master Controller functions are already in the Awesomemod. MC is almost useless for AM users. Oh well, I'll wait for an update, I'm a very patient person
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 8:35 PM
Will this work with overwatch?
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LD82
Will this work with overwatch?

There is no overlap at all between Overwatch and this mod, so yes they will work together no problem.

Page 2 of 68