Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:28 PM
I have copy SimulationFullBuild0 to another folder and rename it to SimulationDeltaBuild0 and the Sims4XmlExtractor will extract It I have just try it and it work will this be a help to you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reptonplay
I have copy SimulationFullBuild0 to another folder and rename it to SimulationDeltaBuild0 and the Sims4XmlExtractor will extract It I have just try it and it work will this be a help to you?

The FullBuild file is from the original basegame in September, so no one needs the Combined XML file from then; everyone already has it. The DeltaBuild files have newer, current files for the current patch. It's linked up above to the file from SGModSquad with the March 26th Combined XML file, so anyone who wants it can simply download from there.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#103 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:49 AM
They've uploaded the GP tuning too meanwhile; link is in the sticky in Modding Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:14 PM
I extracted the new EP files, but I am noticing a lot of extra characters that didn't extract well.

Here is an example:

Code:
 <L n="supported_posture_type_filter">
        <U>   n=&quot;participant_type&quot;   n=&quot;posture_type&quot;</U>
        <U>   n=&quot;participant_type&quot;   n=&quot;posture_type&quot;</U>
      </L>

I've run it through the extractor 3 times already, both with and without white spaces removed. (I have seen n=&quot; before, but I forgot what it represents. It's been a while.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#105 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:20 PM
&quot; is just a quotation mark. Mostly Harmless =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Mad Poster
#106 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 4:51 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 2nd Apr 2015 at 5:09 PM.
Thanks! I knew it was something super easy, but I could not remember what.

Edit: You know what, it's not just quote marks that are missing but actual numbers.

On one file here is a chunk of code that has missing information:

Code:
<U n="skill_test">
                    <T n="skill">111902</T>
                    <V t="interval" n="skill_range">
                      <U n="interval">
                        <U n="skill_interval">   n=&quot;lower_bound&quot;   n=&quot;upper_bound&quot;</U>
                      </U>
                    </V>
                  </U>

On that same file, here is a chunk of code that is complete:

Code:
<U n="skill_test">
                    <T n="skill">111902</T>
                    <V t="interval" n="skill_range">
                      <U n="interval">
                        <U n="skill_interval">
                          <T n="lower_bound">4</T>
                          <T n="upper_bound">4</T>
                        </U>
                      </U>
                    </V>
                  </U>

Field Researcher
#107 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:10 PM
MadameButterfly, I ran into a same problem with you, thanks for the example. :D
Mad Poster
#108 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 6:11 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 2nd Apr 2015 at 7:39 PM.
Hopefully they will send one that works soon. I know they can do it, because the Base Game file and the Outdoor Retreat file worked just fine.

Edit: While waiting for the new file, I just had a purely random coincidence. I found this quote on my twitter feed, exactly like this:

Code:
Chuck Norris does not &quot;style&quot; his hair. It lays perfectly in place out of sheer terror.

The universe mocks me.

Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 8:40 PM
Hmm this could be the reason a mod I made for the EP didn't work right! I'm having the same issue.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM
Yep! The first mod I tried caused the interaction interface to totally disappear, and all I changed were a couple of numbers. (o-O)

Lab Assistant
#111 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:52 AM
Hi!

I am little new in modding, well, I could make simple XML modification in The Sims 3 because it was pretty simple, but I'm a little confused here. So if somebody could help me I would be very thankful.

1) How can I extract The Sims Get To Work files?

I've been trying so hard to understand but extracting the 0x62E94D38-0x00000000-0xF1352E740C4710BA resource with s4pe doesn't work.

2) How can I know what is on the XML files?

I just see codes, and codes, and codes but I can see there's a way to understand it in a simpler way. I've read about the morgade tool and I can understand everything, it's simple, however, I don't have the Get To Work XML files so I can make the modification I want.

And if you want to know what I want to do, it's just to modify one Retail Perk, "Sure Sale" interaction , I don't want it to make my sims wait for 4 hours to use it again. ^^ I've worked so hard to collect the points you need to get it hahaha

Please, as you can see, I've been searching a lot but I can end to understand. I repeat, I would be really thankful if you help me.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#112 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:25 AM
Maxis have posted the Get To Work tuning as XML. See the sticky in Modding Discussion.

Lab Assistant
#113 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:35 AM
Sorry, I've just seen it u.u

Now, I have one more question, How can I know the file I need to look for?

I know you're not now on the code and that's my work, but I can't find the file I need to modify. It's a simple modification, it comes from a perk but I can't find something related with the Sims 4 Tuning Tool.
Top Secret Researcher
#114 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marquillotuca89
Sorry, I've just seen it u.u

Now, I have one more question, How can I know the file I need to look for?

I know you're not now on the code and that's my work, but I can't find the file I need to modify. It's a simple modification, it comes from a perk but I can't find something related with the Sims 4 Tuning Tool.

Which tuning tool are you using? If it's Zerbu's Mod Manager, it's doesn't have all the folders available to select in the program so you have to go through each folder manually to search for some stuff.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:09 AM
Thank you, well I was using that tool, I've found I can use the windows browser eventually.

But writing "Sure Sale",it looks for 4 results.

The last two don't work for anything, at least, for the goal I want to achieve.

1) The first one is "a social mixer interaction" XML, in one line it writes: "Lock_out_time" and in the next line: "n=enabled"> n=quot;interval;quot", I guess I can replace that but I don't know how.

2) In the second XML file it writes: n="enabled"> n=&quot;max_duration&quot;</U> and before it it says: Temporary_commodity_info"

Soooo, I guess here is just lack of experience.
Top Secret Researcher
#116 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:32 AM
1+2) If you scroll up to post 104 you'll see them talking about the &quot; thing, so you might have to wait and see if the gurus update the files or if they are okay as is (still haven't heard any word on this yet!).
Mad Poster
#117 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 11:56 AM
They have not sent an updated version of the GTW file as of yet. I keep checking this page, but there are no updates: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ing-resource/p1

The GTW files are not fit for use in their current state. Changing the &quot; to actual quotes will not give you the remainder of what is missing.

Mad Poster
#118 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marquillotuca89
1) The first one is "a social mixer interaction" XML, in one line it writes: "Lock_out_time" and in the next line: "n=enabled"> n=quot;interval;quot", I guess I can replace that but I don't know how.

There is no point in attempting to mod anything whatsoever with the GTW XML files as MadameButterfly has stated; it simply can't be done correctly if they aren't extracting correctly.

I will also comment that there is no proof at this precise instant of my writing, that there's anything wrong with ModSquad's file; maybe the Extractor tool won't extract it correctly.

If the text were written correctly in an extracted XML and you want to remove the Lock Out Time, simply delete the entire section which reads like this:

<V t="enabled" n="lock_out_time">
<U n="enabled">
<U n="interval">
<T n="lower_bound">1440</T>
<T n="upper_bound">1440</T>
</U>
<T n="target_based_lock_out">True</T>
</U>
</V>

Probably the section which would be called Front Page Cooldown should also be deleted, if it's in that XML file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:54 PM
OMG, thank you so much guys, as I said, lack of experience. I didn't know that was wrong, I mean, I've only made 1 XML fot this Sims hahahah, I'm a little lost here. You're helping me a lot. Thank you again.

That's a screenshot.

I thought it could be like in The Sims 3, where you just erase that part of the code, but I wasn't sure. I'm going to try it and then I will bring a report of my results.I guess you can actually mod in this way as Shimrod says, I eliminated some lines and the interaction disappears, so those are the corrects lines.
Mad Poster
#120 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I will also comment that there is no proof at this precise instant of my writing, that there's anything wrong with ModSquad's file; maybe the Extractor tool won't extract it correctly.

This is the part that I am really afraid of...that our tool that we rely on is now outdated. But I want be sure, so I asked for them to try again.

(I would also like to say that trying to use the DATA tool to open up the original file from the build does not work for me. I know it has been mentioned. It just crashes the DATA app on my pc.)

Lab Assistant
#121 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 4:13 PM
^ Same here.

And it didn't work, the interaction just disappears. u.u

Edit: It seems like SimGuru isn't noticed about the problems we are having, according to him, everything's ok with the file he uploaded... guess the extractor is outdated.
Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:14 PM
Yeah this sucks, I hope this tool gets updated soon, or at least someone else makes one. My sims need more mods! Lol.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Marquillotuca89 : 5th Apr 2015 at 6:20 PM.
I need to modify thay perk u.u

I feel like EA slapped me in my whole face adding that "block" xDDD

Edit: One user said the file posted by the SimGuru is ok, the quot thing doesn't appear in there. So, I guess it's a XML Extractor Tool mistake. Whereby maybe we'll have to wait for an update.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:44 PM
Yes. I'm afraid that this is what it comes down to...the tool has to be updated. I just didn't want it to be true. I was happy in my denial for a few days, at least. :D

Lab Assistant
#125 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:51 PM
Put your hands together and call Velocitygrass haha, we need you!

Hope he can fix it and it isn't something hard to do.
Page 5 of 9