Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 11:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lighting - Too Bright?
Hey Guys,

Wondering if you can help or am I just being crazy?

Lightbulbs on certain lights in my game are REALLY bright, so much so that it seems to wash out objects in a room or (as you can see pictured below) flooring. I've tried to use different lighting mods (firstly the Radiance Mod and then the Maxis Match mod) and nothing seems to help. Is it me? Am I doing something wrong?

Here's an idea of what I'm talking about:

But then in the below picture, you can see that I've used the same ceiling light in different rooms and it affects those rooms differently:

I'm not sure what I've done If anyone knows how I could fix or if they've had the same problems, please let me know!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 6:16 AM
There's a cheat "boolprop useshaders true" that fixes overexposure lighting in CAS. I'm not sure if it's related to your case but you may try it out.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 6:42 PM
^ It doesn't fix overexposure in itself, but it turns on shaders. If the OP already has tried the radiance/light mods, that cheat should be turned on to make them work properly, though.

Some of the lamps in general have a very bright intensity, so you could try with a different lamp and see if it helps. I'm also noticing that the very bright room has a floor-to-ceiling mirror and white/bright walls and floor, which could be making the issue worse. You could be getting almost double the light intensity with the mirror, especially if you've got a light mod that bounces the light around. White in addition to mirrors reflects quite a bit of light. I think some of the floors also have a bit of extra shine with the shaders (and bump maps?) on.

The darker woods and colored walls help tone down the light and the brightness intensity in the other rooms.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ It doesn't fix overexposure in itself, but it turns on shaders. If the OP already has tried the radiance/light mods, that cheat should be turned on to make them work properly, though.

Some of the lamps in general have a very bright intensity, so you could try with a different lamp and see if it helps. I'm also noticing that the very bright room has a floor-to-ceiling mirror and white/bright walls and floor, which could be making the issue worse. You could be getting almost double the light intensity with the mirror, especially if you've got a light mod that bounces the light around. White in addition to mirrors reflects quite a bit of light. I think some of the floors also have a bit of extra shine with the shaders (and bump maps?) on.

The darker woods and colored walls help tone down the light and the brightness intensity in the other rooms.

Thank you so much for the advice, will look into removing the floor to ceiling mirror and changing the ceiling lamp to see if that makes a difference. Thanks also to wee829 for the advice too!