Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 3:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2rpc overheating my laptop?
I've noticed that the game is overheating my laptop. It doesn't matter whether I use the integrated graphics card or not. It only happens when using LazyDuchess's custom launcher. Is there any way to fix it?

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 3:57 AM
Have you checked which settings the launcher is using? It has several that offer better graphics than what the original game offers, so if any of those settings are on, that could explain the overheating if your laptop can't handle it. Turning some of those options off could possibly help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 4:10 AM Last edited by LyokoGirl5000 : 10th Apr 2022 at 4:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you checked which settings the launcher is using? It has several that offer better graphics than what the original game offers, so if any of those settings are on, that could explain the overheating if your laptop can't handle it. Turning some of those options off could possibly help.

Yup, that was it. My laptop is actually pretty good, but the whoever designed the ventilation system should be fired. It can *potentially* run every game I own without flaws, but it can't handle anything without the fans going nuts due to the placement of the fans.

Edit: Nope, still happening. Happens most when playing a household that is NOT paused.

Edit 2: I forgot to unset my game files from read only. Just changed the settings and everything's fine.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000