Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2022 at 12:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to fix ObjectError: Attribute number out of range? (suspects: some CC beds)
I suspect it has to do with CC beds, but that household is not easy to load properly because of the frequent pink flashing, so I haven't replaced their beds yet. I've found some useful info on the MTS wiki, which directs me to modifying RAW Data - Data Space.
So can someone guid me fixing/modifying Data Space for the single-person beds if I want to continue using them? If I find out which beds are the suspect, I will upload them here.

I ran What Caused This throughout the error log, but it hasn't found any suspect mods, so here's the log under the spoiler

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2022 at 12:57 AM
Yes, in theory, that is the problem, but that bed seems to be an EA bed, or at least it has the same name as an EA bed, which suggests it might be an override of an EA bed that is the problem. Or someone just cloned that bed and broke it but kept the name the same for some reason.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2022 at 1:03 AM
@kestrellyn I suspect it's the Student Bed by CTNutmegger: https://modthesims.info/d/55830/tes...ed-8-21-05.html

Upon first sight, the GUIDs were appropiately renewed in both OBJD and MMAT, so what else could be wrong with that mesh? It's one of my favorite CC beds, so I want to learn how to fix it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2022 at 2:26 AM
Not sure, that one doesn't look broken. Are you sure it's that one?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2022 at 6:22 AM
A few of the OBJDs are saying "please commit! (Unmatching filenames)"
(Honestly I have no idea what that message is signifying, because so far I've not figured out why SimPE keeps doing this with some meshes, and Google is about as helpful as asking a potato ).
The "E - head" OBJD mentioned in the error above isn't one of them in either file, though.

There's also these from the error (which probably could be any object with those OBJD filenames, the ChinaVase comes as one in a million...)
Casement Window1 - Straight - 2-Tile 1,0
Sculpture - ChinaVase
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2022 at 12:04 PM Last edited by Softlism : 22nd May 2022 at 12:54 PM.
@kestrellyn @simmer I temporarily deleted those Student Beds from the households and no immediate errors happened so far during autonomous actions. It's hard to see due to persistent pink-flashing, but I wonder if it had to do with blocked space towards the beds as those bedrooms are heavily cluttered.

ETA: I had a lucky run where the household didn't fully pink-flashed immediately, so I managed to play around with the beds. I removed the beds and purchased them again, but this time no jump-bug errors when those Sims went to sleep. Perhaps some error happened before with the bed ownership things -- perhaps remainders of a removed bed ownership mod?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2022 at 3:21 PM
Could be an idea to make sure sims have free space to enter and leave beds from every angle. Cluttering around beds and other interactable items can cause some issues, and occasionally errors during the wrong (right?) circumstances.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2022 at 6:38 PM
Oh, actually, looking at this again, I think the ChinaVase may actually be the problem - some of the bed tiles don't have the correct ID set for the control tile, so it's checking the wrong object. I don't really know how beds work, though, so I don't know how to fix it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2022 at 9:40 PM
@HugeLunatic , any thoughts about this error?