Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2022 at 1:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Stuck Invisible Object - Stuck Object Remover Didn't Help
One of the lots that ships with Veronaville, Monty Ranch, has a spot at the intersection of 4 tiles that I can't build a fence or wall over because I get the "Can't intersect other objects" message. I thought there was an invisible fence light stuck there, so I surrounded it with Stuck Object Removers, which didn't delete anything. Then I tried aimlessly clicking around with the sledgehammer tool. I tried removing the nearby walls in case that did anything. Then I used the batbox to force an error on every object on the lot and deleted everything labelled "Lamp - Fence". Nothing! There's a fence over that spot when you first load up the lot, but I wanted to delete it and replace it with a different fence.

Any ideas? I'm about ready to give up and just build around it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2022 at 1:45 PM
Can you take a picture of the area?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2022 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you take a picture of the area?

I drew a red circle around the occupied spot.
Screenshots
Theorist
#4 Old 31st May 2022 at 4:55 PM
It's the fence light. Remove it, build the fence and then you can put the light back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
It's the fence light. Remove it, build the fence and then you can put the light back.

It's not that light. Moving it doesn't free up the spot I'm talking about, and I can't put a fence adjacent to the spot in any direction even if I demolish all the walls and fences near it.
Theorist
#6 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:17 PM
I think you should try just to be sure before giving up on it. (I just experienced the same thing and it was the fence light blocking the adjacent square.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:23 PM
I'm attaching another picture that might make the issue a little clearer. I tried moving the nearby objects again, but that one tile intersection is still occupied.
Screenshots
Theorist
#8 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:27 PM
Maybe try the stuck object remover again now? And is there anything above if you look with ceiling tiles enabled?

ETA: Could also try picking up the lot and placing it back down in the neighborhood. And if that doesn't work if you shared the lot I'd be willing to look at it in my game (a blocked tile would frustrate me to no end to I'm feeling your pain here lol).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:31 PM
Stuck object remover still didn't help, unfortunately. There's nothing above, but I put some walls around those 4 tiles and put stuck object removers on the second story just in case there was something on the next story. It's still there.
Theorist
#10 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:35 PM
Picking up the lot and placing it back down again is my last suggestion then... and if you don't get any other ideas from anyone else the offer still stands to look at it personally if you wanted to package it up.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:36 PM
Possibly the window? Sounds weird, but you could give it a try removing the window (if you haven't already). Something on the second floor could also be an issue. Or the floor tile.

Can you put floor tiles in all the 3 surrounding spaces (or maybe also a larger area around it)? Just to rule out if there's an entire tile that's causing issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2022 at 5:59 PM
I can put floor tiles there and also, weirdly, alter the terrain height. Moving the lot didn't help, either. I think this one tile might just be busted somehow.