Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 11:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can I delete sim relations in SimPE safely?
I ran my custom hood in progress through hoodchecker, and the only thing popping up is invalid relationships. (Ie, sim a and b do not exist and they both have relations with eachother, or sim a has relation with self, etc etc) I see all these invalid relations in SimPE, and while I'm not even certain that's necessary for me to resolve these issues, I'd like to know if I should and if it's safe to just delete them in SimPE, or if that's a bad idea. I've tried searching all over for an answer to this but I can't find anyone clearly stating if deleting sim relations is safe to do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 11:14 PM
Take my advice with a grain of salt, but I seem to recall Hoodchecker fixing those with the "Remove" function. That, or they're not that harmful in terms of removing them. From what I remember they're really common in Sims 2 neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 12:57 AM
I don't think you have to delete that stuff. I don't personally use HoodChecker anymore because it can in rare occurrences damage the neighborhood. I don't believe the SRELs and memories it typically reports on are actually problems, technically it will tell you if there's a missing character file, but it identifies custom NPCs as having missing character files and I think if you actually deleted a character file you would know about it anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 12:59 AM
Okay, thanks! I'll just leave it then, since I'm certain I didn't delete any sims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseaMarie
Okay, thanks! I'll just leave it then, since I'm certain I didn't delete any sims.

And you didn't remove any NPC creating mods? For example a multi alien pollination set or a one off NPC like Beks rideable animals or the surfing mod?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 4:44 AM
HoodChecker can't detect whether or not custom NPCs are installed or have been removed, and this person wasn't even saying that HoodChecker was saying there were missing character files. I just mentioned it because it's the only thing I've seen HoodChecker report on that I think could potentially be a real problem, but like I said, if you've deleted character files you probably don't need HoodChecker to tell you that.