Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 9:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Garage door not showing correctly
I downloaded the "flat garage door" mesh and some recolours from TSR. They look great in the images on the site, but in my game, the wall bleeds through on the left (see pic). What's wrong - and how can I fix it?
(Not posting on TSR, it's a very old DL.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 12:03 PM
Have you placed it with Moveobjects? If so, try deactivating all the placement cheats, just to check if that's got anything to do with it. Garage doors are like doors/windows - if they for some reason don't like the placement, they'll not trigger the wall cutouts properly.

If that isn't it, can you post a link to the download? TSR is a big place...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 12:52 PM
It definitely works in game. If you have placed using cheats as mentioned, try without. With the driveway rotatable mods I've found in order to place them properly without cheats, the camera angle needs to be facing the street. Then both pieces can be placed without cheats, as well as the door.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 7:10 AM
I didn't use any cheats. It just behaves like that - I put the driveway and driveway extension down first (no rotating) then build the walls, then try and put the door in.
The link is: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...mesh/id/308096/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 7:13 AM Last edited by VirtualAlex : 23rd Jun 2022 at 7:23 AM.
The wall definitely sticks through only on this side???
I should add that I also have Honeywell's bespoke garage doors and they are fine. It's just this mesh.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 11:00 AM
OK so this is insane - the door seems to have problems with one single cc object which I discovered after trawling through my DL folder. The object is something I made, and I have no idea why the garage door doesn't like it. It was NOT cloned from a garage door! I have attached my object to this post. It doesn't matter if I have to jettison the object, but I would like to know why it has this effect on the door???
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  wineglasses2.7z (153.6 KB, 3 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 7:30 AM
Ohhh well that's a coincidence! Thanks.