Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 11:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims spinning in circle
I downloaded a few mods from here. When I started the game and went to play, my sims start spinning in circle. Not sure which mod is causing issues though. Has anyone witnessed it? also DL the df_game_edition_addon and put it inside addons folder and followed instruction with simpe, but forgot what what mod I had to do that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 12:20 AM
That means there's an error. Turn on debug mode and post the error log.

That game editions addon is just a regular mod like any other. You put it in your downloads folder, not in whatever addons folder you put it in.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 12:52 AM
Depending on the mod, the error log reader can be useful: https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html

If that doesn't help, you'll want to check through the mods you last downloaded, testing them one by one. If you get errors with just one of them and the rest work fine (and they also work fine together), you've probably found the culprit.

If you go on download sprees often, it can be a good idea to have a "quarantine" folder for new mods/CC, so you know what you've added between game sessions. When you've tested out the items you can put them in the folders they're supposed to be in.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That means there's an error. Turn on debug mode and post the error log.

That game editions addon is just a regular mod like any other. You put it in your downloads folder, not in whatever addons folder you put it in.

I get a bunch of them. I also remove thr files from downloads folder I downloaded today and move them to desktop, but my sims just spins

Here are 2 logs
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t2030.txt (62.0 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t2027.txt (64.7 KB, 5 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 1:07 AM
for the df_game_edition_addon i followed this guidance:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  USAGE.TXT (27.6 KB, 7 downloads)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 1:39 AM
Are you actually planning to make a mod using that addon? If not, you just need to put it in your downloads folder.

Your problem is that you installed Lazy Duchess's nanny hack incorrectly. Go reread the instructions and install it again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 1:41 AM
Error: Bad gosub tree number is an error that occurs when a mod is missing a needed extra file or it can also happen if a mod is looking for an ep that you don't have installed.

So it appears you have all EP's
So I am guessing you installed a mod but not the needed extra file.
When you download a mod be sure to read over the entire text because if it requires another file it will say so and link to it, but if you are in a hurry its easy to miss.
If you list the mods you installed we might know what file you missed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 2:21 AM Last edited by NRJ : 26th Jun 2022 at 3:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Error: Bad gosub tree number is an error that occurs when a mod is missing a needed extra file or it can also happen if a mod is looking for an ep that you don't have installed.

So it appears you have all EP's
So I am guessing you installed a mod but not the needed extra file.
When you download a mod be sure to read over the entire text because if it requires another file it will say so and link to it, but if you are in a hurry its easy to miss.
If you list the mods you installed we might know what file you missed.

Ok delete every Lazyduchess files off my download, but they are still spinning.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:32 AM
Did you download any of Cyjon's mods? Their mods usually need the "smarter EP check" from here: http://cyjon.net/node/323, which can cause that error if you don't have it.

Make sure to read up on the mods before you put them in your game, so you know if there are any known conflicts, EPs you need (or if it's an outdated file - very likely if it's an old file from an old site), or files you need in addition, or any of the sort.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NRJ

I didn't mention any particular mods, I asked if you could provide a list of them.

Another way to get the Bad gosub tree error can be if you download a large mod such as the Driving License mod and keep parts you don't need. I accidentally kept one file meant to be used by people using a specific mod -which I wasn't using.

So if you can provide a list of the mods you downloaded we can probably make a guess at what you are missing. If you can't because they are all scattered now and you have forgotten the names you may need to do a 50/50 hunt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NRJ

Post the error log again. If it's something else it will be different this time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:06 AM
Post the error log again. If it's something else it will be different this time.

looks like it was inteen the problem. i'll see if i can play without it.
I have a married teen (lesbian) married to an adult, and trying for a baby. Not sure if it will work without inteen though.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:20 AM
None of these mods cause errors on their own. They are causing errors because you installed them incorrectly or they are conflicting with something. If you want to have mods in your game, you need to read the instructions carefully and note how to install and use them, and what other mods they conflict with. As long as you read the instructions and follow them you can have most of these things in your game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 7:04 AM
None of these mods cause errors on their own. They are causing errors because you installed them incorrectly or they are conflicting with something. If you want to have mods in your game, you need to read the instructions carefully and note how to install and use them, and what other mods they conflict with. As long as you read the instructions and follow them you can have most of these things in your game.

they worked before. I did installed them correctly. I played with it with no problems until today. Removing all my downloads I had added today, should have solved it if it was a conflict.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 7:34 AM
Have you tried the Hack Conflict Detection program yet? This will show you if there is any conflict between the mods you installed. Keep in mind that a conflict here means that two mods are modifying the same ressource. If any conflict is reported, check both mods to see if the creators know about this. For example, I have Visitor Controller and More Walkbys, which are known to report several conflicts. The mod description for More Walkbys notes this and gives instructions for fixing it by adding a plugin and changing the loading order of both mods. Do that for all reported conflicts.

InTeen is a very complex mod, so the chances that something you downloaded conflicted with is is pretty high, which is why removing it fixed your issue. However, InTeen is also one of the more widely used mods around, so most mods relating to it should have had their compability tested. If you want to keep InTeen and the mods you downloaded, you probably can.

https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html
Please note that if you have the UC, you will need to either make a Downloads folder without the tm symbol or use this version: https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...ty-for-ultimate
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Have you tried the Hack Conflict Detection program yet? This will show you if there is any conflict between the mods you installed. Keep in mind that a conflict here means that two mods are modifying the same ressource. If any conflict is reported, check both mods to see if the creators know about this. For example, I have Visitor Controller and More Walkbys, which are known to report several conflicts. The mod description for More Walkbys notes this and gives instructions for fixing it by adding a plugin and changing the loading order of both mods. Do that for all reported conflicts.

InTeen is a very complex mod, so the chances that something you downloaded conflicted with is is pretty high, which is why removing it fixed your issue. However, InTeen is also one of the more widely used mods around, so most mods relating to it should have had their compability tested. If you want to keep InTeen and the mods you downloaded, you probably can.

https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html
Please note that if you have the UC, you will need to either make a Downloads folder without the tm symbol or use this version: https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...ty-for-ultimate

They have a Bad gosub tree error, so they either have a mod that is missing a needed file to work or they downloaded a mod that has files for use with a mods/s they don't have. But they don't seem interested in proving a list of what mods they recently downloaded.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 9:24 AM
That error message was caused by the nanny mod. Since they're still getting errors after uninstalling the nanny mod, that means there are multiple different errors happening, but they haven't shared what they are so we have no way to help or know what the problem might be.