Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 6:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Snow in the attic
It's is funny. I have a bed in the attic covered with snow, and the sim in it don't bother them. Not sure why there is snow there. I have a roof. I didn't make the house, but I did edit it so there would be a second floor, or more like an attic inside the roof. While I am posting. Is there widows that fit the roof shingles? that would be nice on this house.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 7:30 AM
It probably has what is known a roof walls, walls that get created when a roof is placed. Roof walls are not weather proof and sims can freeze or boil there. Adults it doesn't matter so much but babies-kids will get taken away (unless you mod out the social worker)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 7:45 AM
The second floor has to have real walls, it can't just be inside the roof or it is considered outside.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The second floor has to have real walls, it can't just be inside the roof or it is considered outside.

Well that's a real bummer. i was hoping to make it as an attic.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NRJ
Well that's a real bummer. i was hoping to make it as an attic.

Weather proofing tutorial

Edit hang on wrong link try this https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=156028

I know there was a better tutorial on this issue but can't find it now, but attics can be fixed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 8:24 AM
I've built a functional upper level out of an attic space by raising the roof slope up and by buiilding walls inside the roof where it was tall enough for a full height wall and adding the other walls to creat some cutom dormers and I covered the walled in areas with foor tiles and added windwos and doors where needed.I can load my game up and do such a build on a house to show how I've made usable and funstional attics.A lot of EA's older homes redating Seasons weren't designed for weather and the roofs of those homes aren't weatherproof.