Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simport Rewards Unlocked

by velocitygrass Posted 10th Mar 2012 at 12:28 PM

242 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 178 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Scholar
THANKS POST
#51 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:03 PM
Yay, thank you! I can tell I'm never going to use Simport (I hate the new "social" features), so it'll be nice to be able to actually use these.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#52 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:45 PM
Please, make this too for the Generations memories rewards :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:54 PM
Great, thank you! I was wondering if I could ever use this objects without having done a world tour via SimPort. Thanks a lot.
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:12 PM
@yannickvanloon: The Generations memories rewards are not locked in the game, but can only be downloaded from the purchase history, so it can't be done. Sorry.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:29 PM
Hehe that's what I've been waiting for. Bye bye Simport! *Evil grin*
Thank you Velocitygrass. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:49 PM
Thank you sooooo much! I really wanted some new props and I really didn't want to use SimPort.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:03 PM
Thanks for this, I have no desire to use simport but I want the items I paid for. One question though the acrobat outfit that matches the underwater theme, is it unlocked through simport. Its not in the game and not in TSR workshop. That is the one outfit I want.
Inventor
Original Poster
#58 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 9:29 PM
@blueshreveport: You mean from the announcement trailer? I just checked with my male acrobat and it's actually one of the normal ones, simply casted with the Rock & Stone pattern that looks like fish scales (there are two actually). I assume it's the same for the female one.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#59 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 10:11 PM
Wonderful I tried Simport, hosted a sim, sent out a sim, and found it very disruptive to my gameplay, and to my friends' gameplay... for me, it's not about being social or not, it's about imposing on people you actually LIKE to do things that might not be fun for them, for your own benefit. Just seems rude! I'm not sure why the facebook gamers put up with this, but anyway, no more simport for me and thanks for these great unlocks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 10:35 PM
Thank you so much!! At first i wanted to try to unlock them but after the second sim i hosted i gave up. So glad I can use what i payed for!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
Thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#62 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:27 AM
Thank you for this! I actually like the idea of Simport and I can see where EA was going with the rewards system but I have two friends that play Sims and neither have Showtimes and/or aren't on all that often nor do they care.

Thanks for this~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:35 AM
I just checked them out in my game and now have the biggest smile on my face! Thank you, you're awesome xx
Test Subject
#64 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:54 AM
I'm confused.

"This mod will make all Simport Rewards available in Build mode and CAS respectively without having to use Simport.

This mod requires the Showtime Expansion Pack to work. It does not include the rewards themselves."

What does that mean? So I download this mod and I will have the rewards so I don't have to use Simport? I'll have all the stage props to use in my shows along with any costumes?
Test Subject
#65 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:21 AM
Thank you, velocitygrass! Please, can you answer me if those are the only CASP unlocked by SimPort? I've read that there are also a hair and stockings that can be unlocked (but I don't know if by gameplay or if by SimPort rewards).
(I've read it in a Forum, the person, who also unlocked some of the stuff, said "There was a stockings CASP but it didn't have any other resources and a hair but it was unhidden by default." - since English isn't my native language, I guess I just didn't understand what he said.)
Test Subject
#66 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:50 AM
I'm having trouble with this, i think its fantastic, but i am new to mods etc. How do I put it in my game? Might be a silly question, but any info would really be appreciated, cheers.
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:16 AM
@Charliebfan: It just means that you need to have Showtime to use the rewards (because the objects are actually in your game already if you have Showtime; they're just hidden from you). I only wanted to make clear that users without Showtime can't expect to download the mod and then use the objects.

@aab: There is hair that is named "Unlocked" but is actually not locked. It's the hat with the feathers (or whatever it is) for females. The stockings seem to be an unfinished object. I switched the category to socks and they still didn't appear. (And of course, there's the hair for the Genie, which is locked.)

@bethscheid: If you click on the Install Instructions tab at the top, you'll find a link to step-by-step instructions to install mods. This is a package mod, so just follow the instructions for installing them and it should work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:21 PM
Thanks for this! I don't have many friends on thesims3.com that have showtime, and simport is SOOO annoying, so this works well for me! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:21 PM
Thank you so much for this gift! I can not use Sim Port so this is a very nice find!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 2:14 PM
So glad you made this. I do use Simport, but I too find myself lurking for shows that don't really interest me, just for the sake of a stamp. Now I don't have to anymore!

Fast players will soon be done with all their stamps and never help anyone else who doesn't anymore. Damn you EA, for making the people with less friends or less time to play outcasts of their own game >
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:01 PM
Does this mod interfere with twallans mods? This is my first time posting on this site. Thanks so much .
Inventor
Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:06 PM
@sonyasolo: There should be no conflicts. I use Twallan's mod as well. You're welcome.
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:58 PM
Thank you, velocitygrass! So you mean that, even if I get all those stuff using simport and all the 90 tours thing, the stockings won't appear in my game? And that the hair is in my game anyway? Sorry for all the questions and thank you for the mod and the answers!
Inventor
Original Poster
#74 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:02 PM
@aab: Yes, the hair is already in your game even if you haven't simported. And as far as I can tell, even completing all tours and collecting the stamps will not give you the stockings because they seem to be unfinished.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:59 PM
thanks!
Page 3 of 10