Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 11:23 AM
Default Celebration! Stuff items not appearing
Hi everyone, I've run into an issue which I've never experienced before. Yesterday, I installed Family Fun Stuff, Celebration! Stuff and Pets, consecutively and in that order. Everything seemed fine, until I went into Buy Mode to buy a cake and I noticed that none of the items from Celebration! Stuff were there. I also checked the other categories in which the items appear, such as chairs, and none of it was there. The hairs and formal outfits are also missing from the game. This is affecting every family in every neighbourhood, and I've never experienced an issue like this before. There were no clues to this issue, as the installation was fine and I thought it had installed properly. I have tried backing up, uninstalling the SP and reinstalling, which didn't work. I've tested with and without CC, and it's clear that CC isn't causing an issue. I've also deleted/cleared my cache files, removed my neighbourhood file/folder and also savedsims file/folder and the issue persisted. I have linked my dxdiag report below which includes system specs.

Thanks for reading
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (29.9 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2019 at 8:57 PM
Have you patched your game?
Did you try reinstall without uninstalling at first?

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:Installation
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 10:08 AM
Are you using a no-CD patch? Celebrations was made with a later engine then Pets and whenever I tried to use a no-CD patch to spare my CD-ROMs I had the same problem. I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but I know it started working properly when I installed Seasons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 5:28 PM
Annaminna- I have patched all of my games currently installed, and I'm sorry but I'm not sure that I understand your second point. How can I reinstall without uninstalling? I only uninstalled Celebration! Stuff, not all 3. This didn't work, and I tried twice.

Isa-WP- To my understanding, I have been using the CD patches and this has not restored the Celebration! Stuff files. I would be willing to install a higher expansion pack to fix this issue, but I would prefer to try and find the problem first and fix it. Thank you however for sharing what worked for you.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 7:22 PM
Do you have anything that's newer by release date than Pets or Celebrations? Celebrations was released after Seasons, so if this is technically the newest released one you have, there's a chance you'll need to use the Celebrations CD for it to work, and not the Pets CD (usually you should get a warning that you're using the wrong CD, though). For some of the SPs you had to use the newest by release order to play the game.

There's also a chance you'll need to install Celebrations last.

Release dates here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2

Recommended install order:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473894
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 12:18 PM
I managed to fix this issue by installing Apartment Life on top of the EPs/SPs. Thank you to everyone for your help!