Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TS2upd0.exe unexpectedly crashes when installing Bon Voyage
Process: TS2 BV finishes installing, asks to insert disk 4, which I do, then comes launcher update part, then the file (in the title) crashes and then the whole installation terminates. Here's an image:

So I wanted to ask, is there anything I should do and try out before I have go through the whole process again making it compatible with W10 before I inevitably fail again completing the installation?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:46 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Have you tried using Grumpy Loader? https://modthesims.info/showthread....458#post4051458

Well, I tried it by loading the Sims2.exe (since I can't install the only one expansion pack that is in question, cause a particular file crashes when updating as I said), but it throws me A debugger has been detected error ("Unload the debugger and try again").

Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 1:50 PM
It does say you'll get an error message, but I'm afraid I don't know if that's the one it means (I use W7 myself). All I can think of is checking the rest of the thread to see if there's any more advice.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 6:05 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Apr 2021 at 9:18 PM.
I'm thinking that maybe trying out tutorials to solve game crashes (which do happen in my game) might solve this issue, if not then it will benefit me from in-game crashes. Though another issue maybe there's not enough space for my hardware to install the update? My Local C has like 22,8GB of 118GB. Since I can't envision how measurements work, maybe that's not enough of free space? Than again, it doesn't really look Bon Voyage and update to BG would that 86 of GB, so installing for me should be enough for my device.