Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2022 at 11:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I solved pink flashing kind of...
Hi!

I have been trying to fix pink flashing for so long.. Now I believe that I have fixed them.. But in my Uberhood, when I open Pleasant house with Pleasant family.. It pink flashing on the lot. And I got red flash on pool..? I have never had red flash in my game. Maybe this lot became glitchy, maybe because of save file with pink flash or something...
I think that I have solved pink flashing for example I building a house, non pink or red flash in it but Pleasant house got it..
I almost cry for I got pink and red flash in Pleasant house because I don't really know what to do anymore...

I have texture memory 12116MB with nVidia Graphic Card
Disable texture memory estimate adjustment and Disable sim shadows
Not Enable driver's memory manager this time

I thinkin about if Pleasant family should move out from Pleasant house..? What do you think guys?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2022 at 1:11 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th May 2022 at 5:01 PM.
The "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" setting needs to be ticked if you don't want "pink soup" (or red, in your case). Having it unticked is probably only going to make the problem worse. This is the setting that did the major difference for my game, anyway.

Red flashing could mean some settings are still off in the GraphicRules, though. And are you sure your graphic card is being read properly? You can open up the log file for your game and see if it lists the proper memory and hardware info.

(Edit: Brain fart on the name of the tick box )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2022 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The "Enable texture memory estimate adjustment" setting usually needs to be ticked if you don't want "pink soup" (or red, in your case). Having it unticked is probably only going to make the problem worse. This is the setting that did the major difference for my game, anyway.

Red flashing could mean some settings are still off in the GraphicRules, though. And are you sure your graphic card is being read properly? You can open up the log file for your game and see if it lists the proper memory and hardware info.

*Sorry for the late reply*
Okay, thanks!
Isn't the latest version of Graphics Rules Maker still buggy?
And.. I want to learn how to change graphics rules on my own but I have seen this post on Tumblr:
https://episims.tumblr.com/post/190...d-me-with#notes
So how am I gonna to do to tweak graphics rules with Notepad+++ ?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2022 at 4:59 PM
The latest one has the fix - you need to tick the "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" box (wrote the wrong name above), that's the fix from the bug the old version had. It's the same thing mentioned in Epi's post.

You can do it manually, too. I did that before the fixed GRM came out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2022 at 7:18 PM Last edited by xwitchbabex : 27th May 2022 at 8:54 PM.
Okay, thank you! I'm trying with only Disable Texture Memory Estimate Adjustment in game now!

But I have a question about CC hairs, I solved pink flashing I believe but.. some CC hairs has still pink flash on it..
Is it because of bad texture or something? And I going to remove these hairs after looking in game.

Edit: It didn't help at all. I got pink flash several times... *Sorry for the late reply*
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2022 at 9:09 PM
What are your computer specs (RAM, processor/speed, graphic card/chip, operating system, etc.)?

If you have more than 6 GB RAM (memory) on the computer, have you tried using the 4GB patch? It can help a lot with memory stability and also with pink-flashing. How to install/download it is explained here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 (there are also a couple other things you can try)

Do you still get the red-flashing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2022 at 10:44 PM Last edited by xwitchbabex : 27th May 2022 at 10:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
What are your computer specs (RAM, processor/speed, graphic card/chip, operating system, etc.)?

If you have more than 6 GB RAM (memory) on the computer, have you tried using the 4GB patch? It can help a lot with memory stability and also with pink-flashing. How to install/download it is explained here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 (there are also a couple other things you can try)

Do you still get the red-flashing?

*Edit post*
Thanks for the tip!
I don't get red flash all the time, I hope so.

What is speed means? How to check my speed?

My computer specs, Logs file:
Log generated on 5/27/2022, 22:12

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 4480Mhz, Name:AuthenticAMD, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB
User: hedda
Computer: DESKTOP-RNUG35V
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics Rules Maker Configuration ===
Force texture memory: 2934 Mb
Disable Texture Memory Estimate Adjustment: No
Enable Driver Memory Manager: Yes
Disable Sims Shadows: Yes
Radeon HD7000 fix: No
Intel High Quality: No
Intel V-Sync: No
Default Resolution: 1920x1080
Maximum Resolution: 1920x1080
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1f82, Board: 86b91043, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 27.21.14.5671, GUID: D7B71E3E-5CC2-11CF-D465-B7A61BC2D635
Driver version: 5671
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.778156, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 2934MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1

Dxdiag specs:
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
System Model: MS-7C02
BIOS: H.63
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Page file: 7831MB used, 14346MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Display:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce GTX 1650
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Display Device
Approx. Total Memory: 12116 MB
Display Memory (VRAM): 3962 MB
Shared Memory: 8154 MB
Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
HDR: Not Supported