Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 5:49 PM Last edited by TheAwkwardJedi : 9th Jun 2022 at 6:23 PM. Reason: SOLVED

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim unplayble after sending home from owned community lots
Hi! first time posting to a forum ever so bare with. (I haven't seen any other posts with this exact issue) ((SOLVED OUT OF DUMB LUCK))

So long story short. My sim got invited down town as they do, so I chose the business lot they owned (that was probably dumb but i didn't think it would be an issue). The sims got there, and my sim acted like it was a work day (oops). I had never used the lot as business before so there were no other employees or a close sign etc. So, I bought a close sign to send everyone home thinking that would allow my sim to leave via his car (non cc). No luck, then i used the close sign the send all employees home, my sim left the lot. But the lot just went into build mode. I then saved (like an idiot i assume) thinking my sim would just be back at their home lot, but the home lot says that the sim is away but whenever I go to the community lot it’s still in build mode no sim to be seen.

So, it’s kinda like my sim is just in a void somewhere unplayable. I tried resetting him via adding to another family via the boolprop 'make selectable' cheat thing which meant I could play him which is probably made things worse for me as I thought “hey I’ll just sell the business” hoping that would do something.
Shock it didn't. So I think I’m just taking the L with getting that sim back but he's linked to a lot of the other families I frequently play and I'm scared this will just corrupt the whole neighbourhood (because we all know how let's say fragile sims corruption is).

I'm just wondering if anyone has advice or suggestions on what i should do?
Should I: 1. just leave as is and hope my other game file are safe
2. delete him from my files

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and happy simming