Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 2:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "NPC - Unique - Rod Humble 2" Error; Spinning and Jumping around Lot
Hey all. I think the title says it all, but uh, yeah. Loaded up an apartment lot that I made and got a persistent error and found Rod Humble at the end of the lot spinning and resetting over and over. Am I doomed? I feel like I'm doomed.

Error Log:

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 3:40 AM
I think that's impossible in an unmodded game. You have some mod that's either modding Rod Humble, or the process of locating the apartment door.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 4:39 AM
I tested out some of my other apartment lots and he seems to function just fine, maybe it's an issue with the specific lot?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 5:03 AM
It could be, but like I said, there's no circumstance that would cause that error in an unmodded game, so it must be some mod that you have that is having trouble with that lot.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 5:06 AM
You can try this program - it reads error files and can help with finding whatever mod is causing the error:
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 6:18 PM Last edited by MintFinch : 16th Jun 2022 at 6:32 PM.
Did it, authorized_personnel_only and vacationfixes seem to be the culprits, I'll try that lot again and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, still getting an error (:> It's strange. He's not supposed to appear before a sim moves into an apartment, right? He only ever comes to drop off the computer after someone has moved in. It's definitely a functioning apartment lot--the zoning is apartmentbase and everything. WTF.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 1:21 AM
The game has code to deal with him arriving before the sim moves into an apartment, but that code isn't being used, because something was modded.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MintFinch
Did it, authorized_personnel_only and vacationfixes seem to be the culprits, I'll try that lot again and see what happens.

Edit: Nope, still getting an error (:> It's strange. He's not supposed to appear before a sim moves into an apartment, right? He only ever comes to drop off the computer after someone has moved in. It's definitely a functioning apartment lot--the zoning is apartmentbase and everything. WTF.

I had a glitch like this one time with Humble, they were the second playables to move in and it did this when I had the cut scene enabled. I tried twice exiting back to hood view without saving, then I tried a third time with cut scenes turned off and it worked normally.
I am assuming the apartment was somehow confused on his timing arrival because he had been there previously for the first sim and somehow he was showing up as the second sim was moving in rather than later as he should have done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 3:40 AM
I had that kind of glitch once on my old computer with the disk versions in a vanilla game just after installing Apartment Life and trying to use one of the apartment lots shipped with the game instead of building my own custom apartment lots.It was the trailer park shipped with the game where that glitch happened and I started building ny own apartment lots after that one incident.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I had that kind of glitch once on my old computer with the disk versions in a vanilla game just after installing Apartment Life and trying to use one of the apartment lots shipped with the game instead of building my own custom apartment lots.It was the trailer park shipped with the game where that glitch happened and I started building ny own apartment lots after that one incident.
Yeah, that lot's borked. Both in Belladonna Cove and the Lot Bin.

Re: OP, yeah, I agree w/kestrellyn. Check your mods again.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:37 PM
OKAY SO it may have just hit me

I use the Story Progression mod. I moved out the previous sim and moved someone else in. Because I left the last household I played at nighttime (like 8 pm), my sim moved onto the apartment lot at 8 pm (SP syncs the time on all lots). Rod Humble didn't show up until morning when he is supposed to and functioned normally.

Problem solved--deffo a mod and timing issue at least in my case. Wonder why it happens in vanilla games.