Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default net framework
I have version 4.8 Microsoft net framework (on windows 7), but want 1.1 or 2 (for Wardrobe Wrangler). I thought I HAD version 2.0 to run something by Mootilda (clean installer? hood checker) which I remember needed version 2.0. But I must be stupid..those things work fine, but I don't have 2.0. But I DO remember having to have 2.0 to run something, and I had more than one version.
Now, looking for one of those versions to download, I've read that if you have a new version installed, you CAN'T install an older one. I did try to install Wardrobe years ago, don't know what framework I had, but was never able to install it.
Can't find up-to-date info. Any info appreciated.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 2:01 AM
I''ve got v4 of net frame work on my own Wondows 7 machine and I checked in the install location and found v2 also installed.It should be like that on your computer.Mine is in the C-drive,Windows,Microsoft.Net and there's two framwork folders for 32 and 64 bit installs of framework.I've got Clean Installer working and the other should work.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM
I can't remember ever having to install a version of the framework for any of the sims-related programs. I kind of ignore all of that, and install the program. So far it's worked...

I don't think I've tried installing the WW on this laptop, but it ran fine on my old one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 1:24 AM
.I have to go to Control panel/programs to find the one I have. Tad found it in C-drive, simmer22 didn't need it.. I give up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..