Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 10:55 PM
Default Is there Mod or another way to do it
Hello Simmers, Please is there a Mod somewhere or another way to do this. To move a Sims out of their home lot "Without Losing" all that is in their lot like the setup of furniture and items.
And other word the Lot will remind the same nothing lost by moving the Sims out. I am mad at myself I usually always make a copy of my lots and package to file. I don't know how I miss this lot.
Thank you

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 11:06 PM
Place the stay all shrub from simlogical. Place then have a sim click on it 'objects stay on move out' if you forget to click it, it won't work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 11:24 PM
But 'Stay things shrub' has issue about lot pricing, right?
Check this: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=493039
And for bathroom and kitchen only: https://modthesims.info/d/537238/mo...-sale-sign.html
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Simonut : 30th Jun 2022 at 1:28 AM.
@joandsarah77 thank you I do have another question so

@LFact What I want to do is move my Sims out to the bin "Only To Make a package of the house ( it's so lovely to me lol ) Then move the couple back into the same house.
So from the links left and the mentioning of simlogical shurb what method should I use? Do I use Simlogical "Stay Things Shrub" first ? And then use second Mootida fix lot value. In other words How To In what order to go about this. I thank you both for your help and answers.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 1:44 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Jun 2022 at 1:59 AM.
There is another way to do this, without having to move sims out. A bit more work involved, though.
https://thesims2.livejournal.com/6049797.html

After extracting the lot, you'll also want to clean up the lot to remove leftover sim references and anything that keeps lot states.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188 (manual method or lot compressor, and lot cleaner globe - before you move sims in, just to be on the safe side.

(Can also be a good idea to remove items sims have made like paintings/photographs, plus stuff left over like trash, plates, etc., and replace items that could have some kind of ownership or status effect attached, like used cars, beds, swings, etc.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 2:25 AM
@simmer22 I went to that link I don't think I can do it that way, My brain is under -charge when things seem complicated to me I bug out and that method seem like a lot of work., so my brain goes on ice. lol
But just the same I thank you.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@simmer22 I went to that link I don't think I can do it that way, My brain is under -charge when things seem complicated to me I bug out and that method seem like a lot of work., so my brain goes on ice. lol
But just the same I thank you.

The second method is very simple Simonut. Just scroll down the tutorial to "Method Two Automatic". It's bolded. Download the program and put it in your SimPE folder. Then run the program, find the lot in the menu and select 'remove sim data' just as my pictures show. It does all the work for you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
What I want to do is move my Sims out to the bin "Only To Make a package of the house ( it's so lovely to me lol ) Then move the couple back into the same house.

That's actually a pretty bad idea. Lots that have been played will contain sim references, even if you move the family out. It'd be better to take pictures and rebuild it, then place that version in the catalog.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 7:05 AM
I would just replicate a newly built copy of that lot with it's house and save it unfurnished first without having had anybody living in it first.I would place a copy down again and this time place some furniture in the house and save it again and use the lot cleaner object each time I save it to the library.I'll be doing that to these two very old apartment lots I just recently found and also getting a number of great pictures of them for sharing them online.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
That's actually a pretty bad idea. Lots that have been played will contain sim references, even if you move the family out. It'd be better to take pictures and rebuild it, then place that version in the catalog.

Except that lots can easily be cleaned now, Jo made a tutorial showing just how easy.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 5:26 PM
Even never-visited lots contain some sim references.
No point in making a ton of extra work for yourself by rebuilding, when it's only a little bit of extra work and a lot easier to just clean the lots.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 8:48 PM
I would still rebuild the lot because I might want to create a new version using different colors and finishes and even on a larger lot template than the original though the lot cleaner tool is getting used after each edit to clean out all sim references.The other reason for doing this rebuilding is to also have furnished and infurnished vesions of the lots with phones being placed in any unfurnished home for sims moving house or moving from their rental home.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 9:20 PM
I think you can change the lot size with Mootilda's lot adjuster, so that's one way to do that.

Removing furniture is pretty quick compared to having to place it, and simple redecorations and changes can always be done after placing the lot, or at any point, really.

I've used the same house at least 4-5 times for various purposes, and I gotta say, it's much easier dealing with the fully furnished version, even when I end up changing out some of the outlay.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 12:16 AM
I thanks everyone for your help ( I really Do ) but I find myself more confuse then ever all I wanted to do was keep all furniture and items within the lot home and to only place the couple in the house bin. So I can make a copy of the lot, then place the same couple back into exactly the same lot.
So how would their references left in the house be different when it is the original same couple that was always in it from the start ?

So do I use the mod in this order 1. Simlogical mod "Things Stay" then 2. Creator Mootida ( may she rest in peace ) Mod "Things Stay Fixer" for getting the right amount of the lot price.
@ joandsarah77 I thank you I look at the second option (Chris Hatch ) I never learn how to use SimPE I don't have it.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 4:14 AM
^ Wth the method I mentioned, you wouldn't have to move anyone out or in.

And it would be a good idea to clean the lot whether the sims had moved out of it, or technically had still been living in a copy of it - especially if you're planning to place the house in the house bin and then use it for other sims and in other hoods. Sim references from lived-in lots can potentially cause trouble down the line.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole

The lot Lot Compressor updated by Chris Hatch removes every bad/possibly bad sim reference. Then if you want to be sure it's squeaky clean with no other possible bugs you can wave the lot globe cleaner by CH around on it. A lot treated with both of these is probably cleaner then a lot that's just been placed and built upon. *Only for lots without sims though.

@Simonut you can still get SimPE https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=630456

~Call me Jo~