Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 228 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2021 at 5:46 AM Last edited by SausageGuy : 11th May 2021 at 5:58 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to turn off game tips in Sims 2 ? Already searched on Google, found nothing
Hi, I recently installed Sims 2 from that 2014 Origin thingy and accidentally enabled game tips thinking they would be helpful, but quickly realised how mistaken I was.
Now I'm wondering how to disable game tips and so far I've had no luck on Google: all posts I find are about Sims 4, and the only one I found about Sims 2 said something about disabling game tips in Settings, but I went through the in-game settings at length and found nothing.

Does anyone know how to do it? If it really is something you can disable in-game could you please send me a screenshot or detailed instructions? I'm comfortable editing a settings file as well.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th May 2021 at 8:54 AM
I believe you will find it under Options/Game Tip Encyclopedia. Good Luck!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th May 2021 at 8:58 AM
Picture is easier. Under settings, it looks like a stack of books. Open that then top right that curled over arrow.

Ninja'ed! But still picture. :P
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:57 PM
There's no option there to turn the tips off, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th May 2021 at 12:10 AM
Lol, I read this as them wanting to enable tips. Reading fail.

I think you disable them on the tips themselves. You click through some and it will have an option to turn off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~