Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2022 at 8:39 AM
Default Graphic settings on Windows 10 - a helpful tip
Not a regular user of Bodyshop, I was annoyed yesterday when it just refused to open - not in the sense of taking long, in the sense of not opening at all. It tried to run (as I could see in Task Manager) - but 6 hours later, zilch.

Edit: I use a Nvidia GEforce GTX 750Ti card - not sure this is true for other cards, but since it is a Win10 function, it may well be.

I ended up solving it and thought it may help other players when they run into the same problem.

Assuming that your graphic rules are all set for Sims 2, and the game is using your dedicated graphics card, Bodyshop will try to use those settings - but you still need to change the settings in Windows 10. (This should be done for all programs you want to use your dedicated card).

Go to Settings - System - Display - Advanced Settings - Graphics settings.
Browse and find The Sims 2 Bodyshop, and then choose High Performance.
(Bodyshop opened relatively quickly, and it has a larger screen too).

Pic attached.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd May 2022 at 12:23 AM
Might be unrelated, but I see you’ve set SC4 to High Performance as well. Does the log actually report your GTX 750? On my laptop which had Intel + Nvidia, there was absolutely nothing I could do to make it report Nvidia (Sims 2 did it, SC4 wouldn’t, so I assume it just ran on Intel). Nvidia settings, PC settings, nothing worked.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2022 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Might be unrelated, but I see you’ve set SC4 to High Performance as well. Does the log actually report your GTX 750? On my laptop which had Intel + Nvidia, there was absolutely nothing I could do to make it report Nvidia (Sims 2 did it, SC4 wouldn’t, so I assume it just ran on Intel). Nvidia settings, PC settings, nothing worked.

It does indeed - but I have also changed the launch options for SimCity 4 - you can google that (SC4 change launch options - it is easy to find and do, I am not sure I can post it here).
Not sure which one of the 2 did the trick or if it was the combination