Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skin Collection #2 - defaults

by Enayla Posted 5th Feb 2006 at 2:10 AM

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 280 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 12
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 9:09 AM
I love them! I love them! I love them! Thank you!!!!!
Field Researcher
#177 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:13 AM
Could you make these without default? I like the colors. But is it possible with a little bit less light in the face?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#178 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 11:14 AM
I will make them available as non-defaults sometime tonight or tomorrow

Please, always ask for permission before uploading any edit or default or non-default of any of my work. Sometimes, I have a set of my own planned and would prefer to upload on my own account. Thank you

Hopefully, after this weekend, another set - the dark set - will be available.
Test Subject
#179 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 12:49 PM
Wow these are so reslistic. Downloading now!!!
Test Subject
#180 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 3:36 PM
Just wanted to say that these are really brilliant and would really love to see my favourite sims with the new skin tones. Why did Maxis not employ you to do this in the first place, their defaults are a bit errmmmm DRY! Yours are fantastic but a non experienced file changer like me would feel much more comfortable with a set that aren't defaults (but in a way I would like to see what the NCP's look like with new skin! (",)

Thank you for agreeing to put a non default set on - means that everyone will get to enjoy your artistic work.
Thanks
Test Subject
#181 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enayla
I will make them available as non-defaults sometime tonight or tomorrow

Please, always ask for permission before uploading any edit or default or non-default of any of my work. Sometimes, I have a set of my own planned and would prefer to upload on my own account. Thank you

Hopefully, after this weekend, another set - the dark set - will be available.

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to the non-defaults. I like your skins, and I can't wait for the dark set. You make the prettiest dark skin tones.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alpjoy
The tan default is the only skin that had the textures missing for my child and toddler sims. The other default replacements are fine.

Anyone else having this problem? I'll check tonight if it's a problem with the file. If so I'll fix it and it to Enayla for her to upload.
Test Subject
#183 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 6:29 AM
this is soooo cool! At last i found custom skin that didn't make my sim look like a zombie~ ^_^. Thanx

Bring out your inner dork...cuz life's too short to be cool
Test Subject
#184 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 10:19 AM
Awwwwww...I love you skins !
Test Subject
#185 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 3:16 PM
Thats so so wonderful
Test Subject
#186 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 8:05 PM
beautiful :-)
Test Subject
#187 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 4:28 AM
I LOVE THEM
but how do i get it out of my game?? you see, I want the maxis defaults back because with these ones, the men in the game look femaley.... (Mixed skin replacement)
how do I remove it from the game??
Stupid people are stupid
#188 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angelyne
Anyone else having this problem? I'll check tonight if it's a problem with the file. If so I'll fix it and it to Enayla for her to upload.

I'm having a few problems with these skins. One of my females looses her legs when she takes a shower or uses the bath after i replaced her (light) skin with the darkest through sim surgery.
And one of her children looses her whole body when she swims. She has the darkest skintone too. Didn't do anything to her.
Test Subject
#189 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 12:32 AM
Beautiful work, although the pale skin won't work for me...Gah, I'll have to do some rigging...
Test Subject
#190 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slightly
Beautiful work, although the pale skin won't work for me...Gah, I'll have to do some rigging...

It's not working for me too. ):

edit; Dark skintone isn't working for me, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#191 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 12:33 PM
I have no idea why it's not working :/ I'll try to talk to the girls who did the translation into default, as I had no hand in anything beyond making the skins themselves.
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 6:25 PM
For the last 3 days I've been looking for better defaults than the ones I am currently using. I am still looking. This set was the close but the shine on the skin and especially the face is too anoying. It makes them look like they have white face make-up on.
Test Subject
#193 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 8:33 PM Last edited by medilleve : 22nd Feb 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enayla
I have no idea why it's not working :/ I'll try to talk to the girls who did the translation into default, as I had no hand in anything beyond making the skins themselves.

Ah, when I say not working, I mean the files aren't downloading properly. Says the archive is corrupted or something along the lines of that. >>;; Sorry I forgot to mention it.
The two that I did manage to download work perfectly. <3 I'm going to try getting the other two on a different computer tonight. Hopefully that'll work. =D

edit; Tried at the other computer. The dark skintone downloaded, but the light one didn't. D: Though I did notice that the file for the light skintone was only 183kb, where the others are a lot larger. >>;;;
Field Researcher
#194 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 2:16 AM
Hmm.. only the new skintone shows up for my sims faces, and below the neck, it's all maxis default ^_^ I've tried deleting and redownloading, but no change.. any idea why?

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Test Subject
#195 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 5:35 AM
You have completely enhanced my sims experience at a whole new level. Your talent is beyond belief and I'm so glad that you've created skins that work for those of us that don't have the EP's. Do you think that you will ever convert the skins that you created to work only with the EP's to ones that don't? Regardless, I look forward to your future work with heavy anticipation.
Keep up the fantastic work and thanks!
Test Subject
#196 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 2:07 PM
I would like these much better if they could be made to be much less shiny. I was very disappointed to see these in my game, because my expectations were high. The very bright areas on the face bothered me the most. I think you have amazing talent, nonetheless, and I appreciate what you've done.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxi54
I would like these much better if they could be made to be much less shiny. I was very disappointed to see these in my game, because my expectations were high. The very bright areas on the face bothered me the most. I think you have amazing talent, nonetheless, and I appreciate what you've done.

ditto
Field Researcher
#198 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:20 AM
I like shiny skintones but I agree with others, on the face is overdone. Also looks too femmie on the males. They worked fine for me BTW in the shower and stuff. Only weird thing is that they replaced the face skin of DMA sims while their bodies still had the busty skin. I am sure that has more to do with either that skin's creator or it is another stupid Maxis glitch.
Test Subject
#199 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 12:47 AM
ack for some reason i cant download them *tear*
Test Subject
#200 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 1:03 AM
great skintones! i downloaded it without noticing that it was default skintones but i want the maxis ones too! help!?
Page 8 of 12