Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Derelict Dreamhome - Starter for the Brave - now in Seasons version too!

by aelflaed Posted 14th Jan 2008 at 10:30 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2014 at 10:06 PM by Phaenoh

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Alchemist
Original Poster
#76 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:24 AM
Glad you like it!

whitewaterwood, that's certainly a new angle on it...I assume you know there are deco weeds and dirty dishes available, if you want your sims to live in filth without affecting their room scores....

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I appreciate them.
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 11:37 PM
I do not often post in the Downloads, but I just had to take a moment and tell you how much I LOVE playing this house. I have not played according to the challenge, but it is a challenge itself to play with normal sims. I moved a couple into the house and let them just keep having kids in without expanding or using any cheats for them. It took them until their oldest child was a teenager before they had the yard cleared and most of the appliances fixed. The tub and shower are still broken, but the oldest kid is building up his mechanical skills so he fix it quickly. Anyway, out of all the lots I have downloaded, this one is a definite favorite! Cheers!
#78 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:37 AM
This house has too much CC I can`t use, but I`m taking it anyway!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Alchemist
Original Poster
#79 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 6:48 AM
Thankyou both. :-)
Test Subject
#80 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:01 PM Last edited by simsample : 13th Nov 2008 at 4:20 PM. Reason: Is a Thanks post
This home is amazing! The first thing I did was open a home business and sell everything I possibly could. One day I'm going to come across a sim that has a nasty broken toilet in their inventory haha.

I did decide to hire a maid since the sim I moved in is pregnant and on the brink of death. I may regret that later.

I can't wait to see where this house takes me. It definately has character.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#81 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 9:36 AM
Thanks Holly! Selling off the broken stuff is a new approach to the problem...good luck with your sim.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 11:51 PM
ROFLMAO!!! I do love this house!! I have to try it out...if you ever decide to make another "fixer upper" would you consider a Victorian style since I play a Vic n'hood?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#83 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 6:16 AM
I'll take it as a suggestion, sure, but no promises, okay?

I did mean to make more of these, and even started a couple, but lost the inspiration somehow. It was fun though.
Test Subject
#84 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 1:45 AM
I've got to join the ranks and tell you how much I absolutely love this lot! I've come to redownload it since my hard drive crash, since it's essential to my game! I love playing it. I've never worked on the actual challange, but I may this time; it's just a fun property to play with. I hope you gain the inspiration to make more of these!
Test Subject
#85 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 3:03 AM
Bob Boozer is going to move in right away. i cant wait to see him slumped on that couch all day, he needed a nicer place than what he had, and besides all the stray cats seemed to have had there kittens, so im sure they will love it in there new home along with Bob .. thanks a bunch
Theorist
#86 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 10:07 AM
I can't wait to have a go at this now. This calls for one of my geeky neat Sims! I might make her German...

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#87 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 2:02 AM
Thanks everyone!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 8:28 AM
This house remains the first thing I download every time I nuke my CC folder. A couple of them get dropped every neighborhood.

Derelict Dreamhouse: making me aspire to bigger and better simtorture since 2008.

Many <3s.
Theorist
#89 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 9:22 PM
I decided to do your challenge with my Sim Elsa Geburt and her cat Gurgles. I took pictures aswell. [:

This is Elsa and her cat:

Elsa is a knowledge aspiration that loves to clean and give herself projects. That's what she this house as!

She started by cleaning everything and just tidying up. After that, she started replacing some furniture for better with her remaining money after she bought the house. She added a cat room for Gurgles where the single bedroom was. It had a cat bed and everything Gurgles would need.
When she finished cleaning and repairing, she searched for a job in the Dancer career track, as this was her lifetime want! When she got some money in the bank after one or two promotions, she got this:

Another little project for her. She put the driveway next to the house, after she weeded. After some tiring work, she got her dream car:

She was unhappy that it wasn't pink and floral. After that she carried on concentrating on her career (the garden fell into disrepair again so she just hired a gardener. She needed to get promoted. xD) and after a lot of work and about 15 - 20 days gameplay, she was at the top! She was a World Class Ballet Dancer. She has £50k+ so she gave the house a well-earned makeover. I didn't expand because there was more than enough space for her and gurgles but if she meets the right man then who knows! There might be some little Elsas running around the place.
This is her house:

(the house is in Riverblossom Hills, and it was mid-winter when this happened. :])

This is her porch...

And her living room...

And her kitchen...

And Gurgles' room...

And the bathroom...

And her bedroom (Gurgles snuck in! :])

I hope you like how I have done this challenge, I really enjoyed it. [:
I can't wait to do it again with a different Sim in a different neighbourhood!

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#90 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:51 AM
Zinthos, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sarasvati, you're very welcome!
Test Subject
#91 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 12:46 PM Last edited by Schnoekmie : 21st Apr 2009 at 3:31 PM.
Default Love it
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
See pics attched, just to encourage everyone. Oh, and Nellie likes pink. A lot.

Hi,

Just a quick question, where did you get the star curtains and pink car from?

Love this house!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#92 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 5:16 AM
Schnoekmie, the Volkswagen comes from Exnemsims, I think, and the star curtains are probably somewhere on MTS. Can't remember exactly.
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
Lmao, I hadn't seen this, really awesome. I'll add to the challenge and try it with a bunch of zombies fresh out of tomb. I'll see where it goes. Thanks! XD

(Zinthos, your story is cute) :D

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Alchemist
Original Poster
#94 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:51 AM
Zombies, that's a new one! Have fun.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 5:22 AM
This lot completely crashed my game.I can't get past the neighbourhood loading screen.Can you delete individual lots without going into the neighbourhood itself???

Go Jason English!! 1st place 24hr Solo mountain Bike world Champs! :)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#96 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:13 AM
I'm sorry you've had trouble, blackbird. Did you add any other CC that might have caused a crash? Do you have the correct game environment (basegame or Seasons)?

In any case, you can delete a lot from the catalog, outside the game, using CleanInstaller. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=441
Test Subject
#97 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:52 AM
Default Love the messie house
Was getting bored with the game till I saw your house. Excellent job.I cant wait to play the challenge. Thanx
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cnj6768
Wow! love those pics of your home! And thanks for the name of the roof deco location. I visit Marina's alot, but just haven't come across that area yet. Will go check it out in a bit.

As for Gretta....her house, inside and out, is quite 'mod'. See pics below.

:D

The little 'secret' to this is that after she got a promotion that included a 55K bonus, she got demoted...and just a day or two later, got re-promoted, with another 55K bonus (which obviously helped ALOT lol)

lol wow i love this house u remade. where did u get alot of the items? O-o
Test Subject
#99 Old 1st May 2010 at 7:07 AM
aelflaed, I love this house. Love! I've played it many times and adore watching my neat-freak Sims have nervous breakdowns because, omg, the mess! But thankfully after chatting up the neighbors they usually have enough influence points to con someone into cleaning, which is always fun to watch. And now that I've come back to re-download (new computer, yay!) I have to say the house kind of reminds me of the one in the movie UP. A definite fixer-upper. And an awesome job. Thank you so much!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#100 Old 3rd May 2010 at 2:12 PM
Thanks for commenting! Glad to see people still enjoying the house.
Page 4 of 5