Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 15
Test Subject
#301 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 9:30 AM
oh great. now the game doesn't start at all. :/
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#302 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 1:55 PM
Then, uninstall the Scriptorium and all the files that you have put in the Scriptorium_CustomWalls folder, and it should fix your game (if the problem was really caused by the custom walls or the Scriptorium, which I don't think possible...).

If uninstalling Scriptorium and walls don't help, then move the entire Downloads folder on the Desktop and run the game again: if this fixes the problem, then there is something bad in the Downlaods folder (which would mean that the Scriptorium and the walls weren't to blame...).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#303 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:23 PM
I fixed it and I have to say that your walls rock... I am a little dummy with the global mods and stuff like that sorry for disturbing you and thanks for your awesome walls
Test Subject
#304 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 9:06 PM
Hello,

I've heard a lot about these walls... so far I boolproped constrainfloorelevation to achive my results... but now I want to try these finally!

The overview description said I have to but .apckage and .txt in the scriptorium folder... the installation instrauction sais I have to put the package in the dl-folder. Just wanted to hint at this inconsistency.

I did what the overview said... gonna see if the walls are there.

Thank you for all your invention Numenor! Gonna get the recolourable deckstairs right away, too :-) and have already the scriptorium installed - thank you so much!

Doei
lichtje
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Numenor : 8th Jan 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Thanks for the heads up, Lichtje. The separation between the "Overview" and the "Installation Instructions" is a recent change at MTS2, and I didn't think that the standard installation instructions are not suitable for these walls. I will fix the instructions

By the way, you guessed right: in this case, both the TXT files and tha .package must be installed in the Scriptorium folder; these walls are very special

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#306 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 5:49 PM
Hi Numenor,

I recently downloaded a lot from Jonesi but I didn't take time to read her instructions and have installed the lot into my game. The lot seemed fine. So, a few days after, I browsed through her stuff again and realized that I have missed the most important part: I need to download your unlevel wall mod.

Then, I did that and put your mod into my game but things started to get weird with her lots. Some walls would disappear and the unleveled walls would now show a gap/hole between the roof and the shortest wall (I pray that you can understand this as I have put it in the most simplest term).

I also tried fixing the lot by entering build mode but your unlevel option does not show at all.

Did I do something wrong? For your info, I extracted your unlevel wall files into Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches. Did I miss anything here?

Looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 12:15 AM
Just to be sure, reinstall the Scriptorium, and then put again the unleveled walls (both .txt and .package" into Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches.
If you can't see the unleveled walls in the build catalog, this may be the reason why the lots look weird (not in catalog = not existing in game...).

If you manage to make the unleveled walls appear in catalog, then you should delete and reinstal Jonesi's lots.

Test Subject
#308 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 7:03 AM Last edited by Devil's Rope : 5th Feb 2009 at 7:03 AM. Reason: clarity
Numenor, I'd like to ask for a block of walls. #200-204 should be enough (5 walls). I don't want to take many in case I don't end up sharing them (yep, they're for the decks I'm playing with).
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#309 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 12:03 AM
Done! I hope you will come up with interesting results... and share them! -

Field Researcher
#310 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 3:56 AM
Just wanted to let you know, I used #124-#127 for my construction walls found here:
www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=310384
Its only had 280 dl's but thats 280 possible conflicts if I don't tell you.
& I would like to reserve #120-#123 also (for future).THNX

ClicknPsycho
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#311 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 5:41 PM
Done. Please note that I've not included ID 127, because it's not a wall, but a foundation (foundations and walls do NOT share the same ID's: you can have a Wall 127 and a Foundation 127 without problems).
Currently, there are so few custom foundations that I don't feel it's necessary to set up a "repository" for them.

To anyone creating custom walls (including Devil's Rope and ClicknPsicho): the custom walls repository is NOT like the GUID service provided by SimPE site; it is NOT necessary to "reserve" numbers. This is because changing the ID of a wall is extremely easy; so you should first create a wall and then - when you are ready to upload it - briefly check this thread to see if that ID is still free, and claim it for yourself.

Field Researcher
#312 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 6:50 PM
Thanx, You are of absolutely right, just felt a good thing to say just in case someone was working on one right now.
As for 127, "I'm a dope"

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#313 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:05 AM
Thanks, Numenor, and duly noted.
Test Subject
#314 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 1:14 AM
This Is Realy Hard
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:03 PM
I am very new at all of this, I only do this for my kids... you guys do some fantastic stuff... this is going to make a lot of things so much easier... Thank You....
Lab Assistant
#316 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:14 PM
you mean there is a limited number (65535 to be exact) of walls that the game can even have? wow, numenor, how do you figure all this out?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#317 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:22 AM
I meant that the highest ID number assigned to a custom wall is 65535. I found out this number by trials and errors; I tried this specific value because 65535 = (2^16)-1 = Hex FFFF = the largest number that can be stored in four bytes.

But if you mean which is the largest number of wall sections (custom or maxis) that a lot can contain, then I don't remember: *there is* a limit however.

#318 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:22 PM
Hmm, what about the LOWEST identification number? Is zero allowed, or is one the lowest permitted?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#319 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:27 AM
GeneralOperationsDirector,

So, what's the result of your proposition?

:P

I guess we're all looking forwards to such result.

#320 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
Hmm? Proposition? What proposition? I was just asking a question. I haven`t even TRIED to make a custom wall type, yet. Not sure what I would need one for that I don`t already have from someone else. Not even sure how to use some of the custom types I already have. I just expressed curiosity. Still, I suppose I could try it myself...

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#321 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 11:06 PM
I have a 64bit Vista system and i don't see the Scriptorium subdirectory in my sims-downloads directory. Does it work with 64bit Vista?
Field Researcher
#322 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 1:48 PM
Sorry Numenor but I'm trying to use the unleveled walls. I know it's like using boolprop constrainfloorelevation, that cheat I always have issues with because maybe I'm a big dumb ass at it I don't know. I found a tutorial using your unleveled walls at http://www.tribeccasims2.com/ I tested to to use and at some point I don't know but something doesn't work for me.

I would have liked a simple step to step tutorial for those unleveled walls, but I don't seem to get one easy one because I don't understand if Boolprop constrainfloorelevation cheat is needed or not. There's a hack or mod tool for this as well which I don't dare to download and use, because it's one among the hardest cheats (EA Games cheats) and may cause problems ingame.

Thanks for your help !
Mad Poster
#323 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:32 AM
Liza495,

the build mode tutorial section may provide the info for the skill you may want.
Test Subject
#324 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:06 PM
hi i downloaded the walls from a link for a house i really wanted but they didnt show up in game and now the house is full of gaps, does anyone know what i may be doing wrong? any help would be appreciated
Mad Poster
#325 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 5:56 AM
macindoe1992,

Have you installed SCRIPTORIUM?
May check if the files are in the wall script folder , linked already by SCRIPTORIUM to the downloads folder.
Page 13 of 15