Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 5:28 PM
ok i will put it in an ags game. may have to wait until later tho.

I've downloaded it now, if you want to remove it.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 5:49 PM
Link removed. Thanks for checking, and don't worry. Do it when you have time, after all you are doing me a favor
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 9:43 PM
I forgot all about this thread, sorry! How did the play test go? I used the chandelier in my manor house, also with no problems.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 10:29 PM
No problem, I did too for quite some time. Saw the gym sitting there while working on my orphanage, and decided I might as well get it uploaded. Plan was to re-do it in AGS, but that's not going to happen anytime soon so I figured an all eps/sps version is better than no version. I decided to go with the front yard layout I posted last, with fountains in the middle. Did not dislike it as much after a few months break from it.

Studying atm (or well.. xD) but once done I'll see if re-adding the chandeliers without downloads in does any difference. Or if karren posts it does not do error for her, I'll continue on to uploading.

Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
For the punchbags, you could swap them with the back row of exercise machines so they're under a ceiling - or you could add a fence cross the open area of the second floor, using the flat edge smoother fence, so it looks like there's a beam there which the punchbags are hanging from.

Managed to miss this before, sorry. The lights have been changed since last pictures were uploaded. They are now located on the upper floor, with invisible lights placed on the first floor to simulate light from above reaching down.

Did not even think about the punching bags being in thin air, thanks for pointing that out. I don't want to swap the layout around, I really like it this way, so I suppose I should figure out some kind of beam. Did not quite understand what you mean, would you mind explaining?

EDIT: Did you perhaps mean something like this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:10 AM
Sorry for double posting, but I have an update.

Could someone test this one and see if they get an error? I didn't get the error when I re-placed the chandelier without downloads in when doing it, but since it's been iffy I'd like to make sure it works before I get it submitted.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...0one%20work.zip
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:29 AM
Yes, exactly like that! I'm afraid I can't test the file for you, but maybe tomorrow.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:44 AM
Oh, okay Do you think I should fill it in with floor tiles? Visually I prefer it without, but that leaves a gap from some angles.

Picture with floor tiles

No worries on the file, I'm sure someone will have time eventually Kind of good the error happened, been finding other little things to fix while trying to figure out that part.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#33 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 9:56 AM
@ gummilutt: What game config do you have? I looked on your profile but only the EPs show up. You must have some of the SPs cos flooring and some other stuff is missing. I will take another look this afternoon (I'm in the UK)

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 12:51 PM
I have all EPs and SPs. Thought I checked that you did too, must have missed something
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#35 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 2:29 PM
Only the EPs show, the same for my profile too and I have all the SPs too. Will remember to check next time I wanted an AGS game with all my EPs and SPs anyway, so just making it earlier rather than later

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 3:00 PM
I imagine you are using the new MTS, because I seem to recall Delphy not including SPs due to lack of room. I still hog the old version when on my desktop, so I can still see what games people have.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#37 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 3:03 PM
I am, yes, using the new version.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#38 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 6:31 PM
Gummilutt: I have playtested this lot in an AGS game with only the CC that came with the lot - no problems encountered. I removed the chandelier and replaced it with no problems. I have tried it in my full game, full of CC with no problems at all. In this game I sent a sim to the gym and tried out most of the equipment with no problems at all. The only things that don't work are the bandatron and the gym lockers.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 7:33 PM
I'm glad, thanks for checking. I appreciate the help. Just one follow up question, did you use the latest file I uploaded, or the one from before?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#40 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 7:34 PM
The latest file

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 10:30 PM
I'm on classic. From quickly looking I thought you both had all the SP's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2