Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 5:18 AM
Default Shift + Alt = Info?
Don't know if this is already discovered, but Shift + Alt = a strange display of information about the tile being hovered over.

Maybe this will help by providing some needed feedback?

Here's the info provided, and format
Code:
Level: #
Room (Light, Load, Place): #, #, #
Vertex: #,#
-Ground Height: #.####
-Water Height: (#.####, #.####)
Tile: #,#
-Num objects on ground: #
-Has Water: yes/no
-Has Pool: yes/no
-Flat: yes/no
-Locked: yes/no
Tile Quadrant: north/west/east/south
Floor Pattern: ########
Surface Type: #
Visible: yes/no
Floorable: yes/no

Level is the level above ground (0 = ground level) - floors built on a foundation are considered level 1.
The numbers next to "Room" *might* be related to environment scores - I noticed I seemed to get larger numbers (for the most part) in rooms with better light sources and paintings.
Vertex and Tile # are pretty closely related - obviously vertex is the closest point, while tile is the actual tile being reported.
Tile quadrant seems rather silly to me, but maybe there's a significance I haven't figured out yet. In any case, I *think* North is treated as the flat side 45 degrees left of the direction the daylight originates. The quadrants are in an X pattern on the tile, rather than a + pattern.
Num Objects on ground is not consistent that I can tell. Sometimes it appears to count 2 items, sometimes only 1. Weird.
Floor pattern I think corresponds to a guid, but I haven't figured out what surface type or locked mean. Every surface type I've found is "-1" and I have yet to find a tile that was "locked"

Again, I hope this helps!
[ Edited ]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 7:56 AM
Quadrants are probably for handling diagonal walls. When you've got a diagonal wall across a square tile, you can set different floors on either side.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 10:27 AM
Num objects probably counts all the objects on the tile, meaning even objects you can't see like social interaction objects and various types of markers, triggers, emitters, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 4:31 PM
That makes sense about quadrants relating to diagonal walls.
As for Num Objects, I've had the thing count "1" when there was nothing but floor! I can't find the consistency there.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 8:08 PM
I hovered the thing over a tile with a couple sims and a social interaction and it told me there were 4 objects, so it seem the most likely explanation.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Nov 2004 at 9:16 AM
The floor is probably an object as well. It'd be the easiest way to account for them.