Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:31 AM
How To Make A SpongeBob Shirt Plz Tell me On the Sims 2 are How to make Any Cartoon Shrit on the sims 2
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 7:37 AM
good going!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 6:10 PM
wow thx!
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:55 PM
it was easier than i thought! gee thanks man!

Now i can do cool houses for my simies!

Be Orange!
Inventor
#55 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 5:59 PM
I do hope that they are kind and with Pets allow us to stack the stage pieces on top of each other. You would think they would notice how many of us go to such lengths to make interesting stairs by now

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 7:29 AM
OMG!! ive been to other sites and they had these tutorials that were so hard.
Thnx for making it simple for dummies like me!! :lovestruc

[/QUOTE]......And theres nothing wrong with me this is how im suppsed to be......[QUOTE]
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 4:15 AM
Okay, I am building my first lot, that's actually decent, and the plans have L-shaped stairs. My problem is trying to get the landing straight as its only 3 steps til the sim will touch the floor, much shorter than what's illustrated in the Dummy Guide. Will the Dummy Technique still work or will I need to use a cheat that allows me to place a foundation block, if there even is such a cheat??
Mad Poster
#58 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 7:05 AM Last edited by niol : 7th Oct 2006 at 10:54 AM.
I've not known a method to shorten or expand the OFB stage foundation yet, but hey never know someone may find out one some other times... And even for the dummy-level technique, we're still waiting for a tutorial out to show how to get a wall segment shortened smaller than 4-click-high or 4-steps in your term. So, may watch out for that.

Update:
it's here
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 9:14 PM
I guess I'm just going to have make a J shape staircase, because I'm getting very frustrated and there isn't any way to make the staircase any other way but the dummy way, but I'm not good with that foundation level tool. My sims would wind up underground somewhere. LOL!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 10:01 AM
I can't seem to get my connecting stairs to connect to the stage!!!!! Y? It said need to have a step first.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:05 AM
RUASim21,

This tutorial didn't use any dummy/compressed level. Ensure the OFB stage foundation is built upon the foundation or the deck. There's no need to use any cheat.

marie5060,

the upper connecting/modular stair should be made from the upper level/story down to the OFB stage, then, the middle stair should be built from the OFB stage down to the foundation/deck. Then, the lower stair should be built from the foundation/deck down to the ground.

If any more poblem, it may be great to post a pic to show your particular problem(s).
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 5:41 AM
Kinda worked, not that well though, i cant put walls close to the stairs so what i wanted to do with em is not going to work, pretty cool though, i didnt know what that foundation was for, and ive had OFB since it came out. It just made other house designs easier though, thanks for that.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:03 AM
The reason why you couldn't build walls near the stair without the boolprop constrainsfloorelevation false is still the same olde reason that a level/story of foundation is equivalent to a level/story of rooms by the wall tool.

So, you'll need that cheat to enable you to deformed the transition wall segments, or simply use some wall mods...
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:25 PM
Thaks For Explaning I Really Wanted To Learn How To Do That Bu Thanks.
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 12:54 AM
This is the best I've seen so far, it's the easiest thing anyone has ever done. Thanks alot I love it.

PHP Code:
la chiflada
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 1:57 PM
Whoa, stair making made easy! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 11:52 PM
I don't have OFB, but I have the interior foundation. I wonder which EP it came with?
Mad Poster
#68 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 6:00 PM
Are you inferring that Pets' build mode also provides stage?
But if you mean the foundation, screen deck, column deck, then they're from the base game.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 11:31 PM
Ooh... pretty tutorial! Thanks!

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 11:34 AM
does any1 think cheats improve the game or not?
Mad Poster
#71 Old 21st Apr 2007 at 4:45 PM
kayleysue,

You can start the discussion in social forum
http://forums.sims2community.com/

And if it's specifically about build cheats and neighbourhood cheats,
may discuss about them in the build mode forum.
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Thanks for your consideration
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:31 AM
Thanks A Bunch
THANKS A BUNCH.......I had never used that one boolprop floor kinda cheat before and i really didnt want to use it and then i found this and it was so easy to follow and a lot more simple then any other one i saw with the cheat (lol it was like a cheat to make it harder lol?) alright...well thanx
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:32 AM
well........THANX
Instructor
#74 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 10:03 PM
This is so easy! thanks!
Inventor
#75 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 6:33 AM
Love the stairs!!! Wish I could wrap it in a wall. :D
I use the stage (what you call the new foundation) for the platforms for the mannequins also, similar to pete's post on page 1 here and encase the stage with numenor's wall windows. Looks like a professional display for the mannequins, like you'd see in a store. :D

Thanks for the stair tute.
Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Page 3 of 4