Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 11:55 PM
Have a look to this http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...and_solutions_-. Then tell exactly where is your pblem. do you use the Radiance mod ?

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:22 AM
my problem is that after i remove the sidewalk, the driveway doesn't turn. ever. and No, I don't use the radiance mod.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 7:01 AM
when you see the lot from yhe road, which way have the shadows, if the shadow point to the right rear corner. it is normal the driveway dont turn. see the post #120 pic

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#129 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 11:08 PM
I didn understand anythin...wtf i put the drivewaay and i have the cheat on and nothin happens.... and i dun get wut remove the sidewalk strip on the opposite side means!!!...HELP!
Instructor
#130 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 11:31 PM
If explaining doesn't help, watch this video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...756246640064588

Please do not upload any of my lots to the exchange, or any other site.
If you would like to see more of my lots click here.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 7:34 PM
I don't know if this has been said, but over at "more awesome than you" they have a tutorial for street parking which is basically the same idea, but they tell you how to make sidewalk tiles available in building mode so you can replace the tile and everything will go back to the normal direction. You don't have to worry about corruption. I don't know how to link but, just search for street parking and it will come up(I believe it is in Peasantry). It is really easy to do and it will put your mind at ease.

[SIZE=3]
"I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?"

~Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986
[/SIZE]
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 7:15 AM
That is Lies. There is no such thread. There is no MATY. LIES!

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
Mad Poster
#133 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 5:19 PM
TheSims2freak,

I'm unsure of what you're talking about "such thread", but MATY can be found below.

MATY
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/
Test Subject
#134 Old 1st May 2007 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shrekheatherbelle
1.)There is no need to use the piece of driveway that conects to the road.
I never use that, I just use the extension piece.

2.)Also no need to take out that piece of sidewalk, just cover it with any floor tile. This floor tile has to be on the opposite side of the road of where you want the sideways garage.

3.)After this step you may now begin to lay your driveway extension piece.
If you have covered the tile in the correct spot, the driveway extension piece, when going ahead to place, will now be sideways or paralell to the road
Wallah!.. now you can begin to bould your garage!

Hope this helped

fev

I tryed what u said because i had the same prob as the person before.. but when i remove or change the tile.. the driveway ext doesnt rotate, it stays the same, also when i do that, the one that connects to the road is backwards and on the other side of the lot.. please help I also have the ep seasons, is that why?

Best Online Game EVER
RUNESCAPE!!
Mad Poster
#135 Old 1st May 2007 at 6:29 AM
For the orientation of the drive way read this: http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...and_solutions_-

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#136 Old 2nd May 2007 at 8:55 PM
thx it helped, no i can finaly build my house in real life

Best Online Game EVER
RUNESCAPE!!
Test Subject
#137 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eedgan
2. Remove the sidewalk strip on the opposite side of the lot.

I don't get what you mean by this... can someone explain please? Thanks!
Mad Poster
#138 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:59 AM
Have a look : http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...and_solutions_-

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 2:24 PM
I tried to build a sideways driveway but it wouldn't work. I guess I'll try this one. Thnks again

When you jump on your way down why do you ask yourself why did you jump?
Sometimes the quote 'think before you leap' comes in handy at that point
If you happen to see me down there you'll know I wasn't following my advice
Then we all know what happens...SPLAT!
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:37 PM
I made the tutorial in the game and the cars don't drive out the drive they just disappear and reappear, is that how it's supposed to be? Because I don't really like it...

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#141 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 6:07 PM
Unfortunately the animations will no longer work correctly. The cars will simply 'teleport' in and out of the lot. You cannot have it both ways, you either got a sideways garage or you got a regular one with regular animations.

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 3:52 PM
Thnx eegan. I realied that so I destroyed the whole house and I made a new with the original facing driveways. But I do like it maybe I'll make it for a solo family.

Bye.

Test Subject
#143 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:34 AM
Default confused?
followed all the steps and the extension did not turn. Am I missing something? I used moveobjects on cheat. Put on the driveway then deleted the sidewalk in front of the lot. The extension still turned the same direction as the driveway.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:20 PM
honeygirl25,

May check out some linked in this post to see they may help, especially MTS2 Wiki and khakidoo and Sotalia for your causes.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...13&postcount=11
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:27 PM
Honeygirl -

Did you try making a new lot that was set at a different angle in the neighborhood?

When you place a lot, part of what the game does is give it one of 4 directions. We think of them as north, south, east, & west. If I remember correctly, 'north' is what we call the direction where the driveway doesn't turn. South, it turns backwards. East & west it turns right and left. So if your first try doesn't work, assume you have found 'north'. Put a new lot at a different orientation.

It has to be a new lot. The 'direction' is set when the lot is initially placed. Moving into the bin and replacing it at a different angle does not change the direction.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#146 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 5:25 AM
its times like these when i wish i had nightlife!

Hate = a special type of love given to people who suck.
♫♥☻міммікіиѕ☻♥♫
Instructor
#147 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mimmikins759
its times like these when i wish i had nightlife!

Bahahah, I can't blame you, whenever I look at pictures from other EPs, I /have/ to get it. :[ Jealousy is baaaad But yeah, Nightlife is really worth it when it comes to this. :]
Test Subject
#148 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:54 AM
Default thanks for the help.:) I will give it a try.
Quote: Originally posted by eedgan
I was really excited when I sucessfully created a sideways garage. So excited that I wanted to share my success with all the great peeps here. However it does not appear to work on all types of lots. It would appear (I am hoping for some feedback from other players) that for a sideways garage, the lot must be on a corner plot. Can someone confirm?

It seems simple, but I had to play around on several different lots before I found one that worked. It seem the lot adjacent to an L shaped street corner works best? See the pictures for the type of lot I mean.

Sideways garage:

I used the "move_objects on" cheat

How To Build A Sideways Garage
(Images attached)

1. Place Driveway as you would normally.

2. Remove the sidewalk strip on the opposite side of the lot.

3. Select the driveway extension piece. You will notice that it has already rotated – ie. It is now parallel with the street. Place one or two pieces. (I used two)

4. Build you garage around the extension pieces.

5. Insert garage doors.

6. Add cars. I used additional flooring to extend the driveway to the additional garage. This will not be noticeable if you use an invisible driveway like the one by Roddyaleixo here at MTS2.

7. Finish house, and tada!!! A sideways garage!

I have sucessfully managed sideways entrances from both the left and right of the pictured lot. (See image with yellow car). However I am not having any luck with lots not on a corner. Am I missing something? If anyone knows why this happen please feel free to correct me.

Feedback is most welcome.

I am going to try this. I do hope it works. I will deffinately let you know if it worked for me. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#149 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 4:51 AM
Sidewalk
Quote: Originally posted by rhondalatte
I have read at the tsr forum that removing the sidewalk strip on the opposite side of the lot can corrupt the whole neighborhood as those sidewalk tiles have their own guid even though they look like the ones in the game, and they do have a specific function.
xo

To my knowledge the sidewalks first 3 tiles on each side and also the corner 3 tiles on corner lots are use to teleport ppl in and out of lot such as npc's, so as long as these arent being messed with you shouldn't have a problem.
Test Subject
#150 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 5:52 AM
Is it possible to make an underground sideways garage?
Page 6 of 8