Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 6:28 AM
Default Thanks for the help!
Thanks for the help with this. I was really confused before I read this tutorial, but now it's all cleared up. THANK YOU!!!

Soon, I may create something, but for now...
[CENTER]I'M CONTENT! :rofl:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 1:47 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEE thank you SO MUCH! i have a newer version of GIMP , so it didn't have the dialog box and i was flipping out, but really it come automatically (this is more for people that had my small problem)
Yay!
Test Subject
#203 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 4:31 AM
Oh my gosh! I have been trying to compare GIMP with Photoshop instructions and to no avail have failed hugely!! THank you so much for your tutorial for GIMP!!
Test Subject
#204 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 10:26 PM
I'm having trouble getting the pattern in. Its not showing up. I can save it but when I'm supposed to click the little checkered box (and newer vs. doesn't have it). It's not there, but it's saved in the patterns folder. Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial for newer vs. of GIMP? I have 9.6.3 . Thanks to anyone who can help.

M!
Test Subject
#205 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 6:51 AM
I dont have the dieologs menu i hav everything else wt do i do? i downloaded the one on the link
Test Subject
#206 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 6:49 PM Last edited by Tiny Titters : 6th Jan 2009 at 7:12 PM.
With the Windows installer version I dl'd, when I got to step #20, save and close, I get a prompt recommending I export before saving because the BMP plugin can't handle layes. I did as it recommended, and it shows up in Body Shop ok, which it doesn't if I clicked ignore, but I am concerned that I am missing a plugin with this version?

Here is a link to the page I dl'd the installer from,
http://www.gimp.org/windows/

EDIT: I see that this appears 'normal' after reading other tutorials comments, but nobody said if there was a missing plugin.
Test Subject
#207 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 10:00 PM
everytime i do something to clothes using gimp, when i go back to bodyshop the clothes shop up half see through on my sims =[
plz help
Test Subject
#208 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:41 PM
ok, I did the first few steps, but my gimp does not have a dialog tab. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#209 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:35 AM
AH! OMG! I DID IT! Thank you for taking the time to make this tutorial! I made it a nice puple!
Field Researcher
#210 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 8:58 PM
This was very helpful yet confusing because I'm assuming I have the newer version of Gimp- and you have an older version. So some of the tools I had to search for, since it wasn't listed like yours. At any rate, it worked. Thanks :D
Test Subject
#211 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 7:18 PM
Ok I did what you told me to do up to step 18 but when it came to this "18. Select the menu choice Dialogs and the option Layers. This brings up the layers dialog box." it didn't show I had a dialog box on mine. (I'm using GIMP.)
So what do you think I should do because now
I'm confused and lost.And I tried downloading both the downloads on the GIMP website from the link you gave but the test one couldn't be used on my computer.
Test Subject
#212 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 2:23 AM
Default Help!
i REALLY wanna know hoe to do this EVERYTHING was going great untill i looked at the menu on the top and i could not find dialog PLEASE help. im going to go crazy
Test Subject
#213 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 4:18 PM
After I've done the two layers, there's no Dialogs menu choice! There's Colors instead! PLEEZ HELP ME!!!!!
Test Subject
#214 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 9:51 PM
I need some help with the recoloring. I did the dress and it worked, but I had to sue soft light, as hard light left the large canvas of red. But I'm trying to make something black into white and am getting no results. Any help?
Test Subject
#215 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunstream845
After I've done the two layers, there's no Dialogs menu choice! There's Colors instead! PLEEZ HELP ME!!!!!

I have the same problem..
what are we supposed to do now?

Known on the BBS as mcrashlee :)
Test Subject
#216 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:42 AM
Hey, thank you, this and your other tutes are very good but I am having a problem. When I click "refresh" in Body shop to see my progress, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? i have Gimp 2.6 but it is basically the same thing as 2.0 and my comp is a windows Vista...can you help me? PLEAASE? You can either message me or reply on this thread...either works and is very helpful...Thank you
~Poison
P.S. you should make more tutes for recolouring everything else or meshing or something, I have Gimp but hardly anybody makes Gimp tutorials!!
Thanks again XD
Test Subject
#217 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 3:51 AM
I can help!!
Quote: Originally posted by *MCR*Ashlee*
I have the same problem..
what are we supposed to do now?

In the Gimp 2.6 version, there is a thing that says windows ==>Click on it and then it says "Dockable Dialogues" with an arrow, showing more options==>click on "Layers" which is also key command "Ctr+L" and it will bring up this box with all your layers on it and at the top it says "mode" with a little box that you can select options from...click on the little box (it is a drop down thingy) , it is separated into 5 different "categories" (there is no title for these, they are just separated by lines) Hard Light is in the third "category" it goes "Dodge", "burn" and then "Hard Light" followed by "Soft Light" and so on.

I hope that this helps...you have to kinda search for it if you are a beginner (which I am too ) but it gets easier every time. Also, is anyone having the problem of hitting "refresh" in Body Shop and then having nothing happen? because I need help with that... I'm thinking that there is a missing plug-in somewhere...

Thanks!!! Hopes this Helped...
~Poison
Test Subject
#218 Old 2nd May 2009 at 4:09 AM
What if you don't have a dialogs choice on the gimp menu.
Test Subject
#219 Old 2nd May 2009 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Poisongirl13

Also, is anyone having the problem of hitting "refresh" in Body Shop and then having nothing happen? because I need help with that... I'm thinking that there is a missing plug-in somewhere...

~Poison

Have you been saving your progress in Gimp before refreshing it on BodyShop?

Known on the BBS as mcrashlee :)
Test Subject
#220 Old 8th May 2009 at 6:45 PM
I cant find the Dialogs option on my gimp program. can you help?
Klaw444

Klaw444
Test Subject
#221 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:57 AM
i have gimp v 2.6.6 and i don't see a dialog tab where do i look?
Test Subject
#222 Old 21st May 2009 at 3:15 AM
I figured out if you have GIMP 2.6.6 make sure the new layer that was the color you picked is highlighted and in the gimp bar that says layers, channels, paths, and undo there above the opacity slider is a dropdown box that says mode. Click it and you will find hard light there.
Test Subject
#223 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:00 AM
thank you so much! i remember a long time ago when I even used MS Paint to color things and actually made it work, but this is much better and easier. I made a nice peach recolor but instead of choosing the hard light mode I chose Burn and it made the color I chose look so nice since I had originally chose a dark pink color, but the light coloring I got using Burn looked so much nicer
Forum Resident
#224 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:22 PM
Hello Sarawati5: This was a very good tuturial,thanks. If you're still around, maybe you can explain "save" a bit. Do you mean "save as" cause in that case I lose the original garments cause, I'll be overwriting it. If just "save",how does bodyshop know what's going on in Gimp? Thanks again for your hard work&sharing.
Banned
#225 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:38 AM
ok im kinda stuck. i do not have the opina key that says Dialogs.. can you help me?
Page 9 of 12