Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 1:30 PM
im sorry if my post sounded like i was critisizing this post or demanding better tutorials i just want to get better at skinning and when i opened a new post noone answered so i deleted it, this is a great tutorial and it helped me alot i just wanted to make my own designs for a chnge...
and what i meant by scribbling in MS paint is just that my creations looked like i painted the whole thing in one color and making a few lines and stuff with another i saw lots of really pretty stuff done with MS paint
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 2:23 PM
great tutorial just I just got my graphic program ad i was looking for a tutorial like yours thanks for writing it

~*~*~Isabelle~*~*~
Visit my stie Starlight Sims2
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niquel65
everytime i try to sav my files it comes up as a psd file how to make so i can save as bmp file or do i need to open in mspaint and then resave?

When you save it, select "Save As..." then change the file extension from the drop down menu to .bmp.
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 9:43 PM
Thanks for this great tutorial! I was just looking for something like this. Great job.
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 11:21 PM
What is inverting? If this helps you at all, I have Adobe Photoshop.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#56 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 2:59 AM
Inverting makes the selection *opposite* of what it was. So say I use my magic wand tool to select a circle on my graphic. At that point, if I copy (or draw or whatever) I'll get the circle. If I want instead all the stuff around the circle (and not the circle itself), I'd invert the selection.

on the Select Menu - Inverse is the command in photoshop 7.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 11:18 PM
THank you so much for that! That makes me smile! *smiles*
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 11:47 AM
Default The back side of the top
If I want to make a top but I donĀ“t have the back side how can I do it?

Sorry for my bad English :confused:
#59 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 10:53 PM
Hi! This is a nice tutorial but I have been trying to figure out something. On the step where I have to copy a new selection once I have the design that I want, I'm not understanding it. I have PaintShop Pro X and when I do that step, it only copies the back layer. What do I do? Also, when I do the step right after that one, when I have to color the backround it also colors the front image. What should I do!!!! Please help as soon as possible.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#60 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 2:57 AM
Nyane - if you don't have a 'back' for your top, you'll have to create one. If it's similar to the top featured here, maybe you can use the front straps, for instance, and make some sort of back that's a solid color that will match the front, although you probably should put some shading on it.

Depending on what your top looks like, you might want to use a partial-photoskinning method - use Faylen's basic tutorial to recolor a similar sims top to be the color you want, and then simply copy the special details from the top you have a photo of.

Jami, I use photoshop, but I know that usually when I copy things it only copies stuff *from the layer I am on*. Learning how to use layers properly takes some getting used to. There's a handful of layer related commands - I suggest you look for some tutorials online that will help you learn more about how to work with layers - doing any old project (not sims related) that uses the layer features will help you gain the mastery you'll need to be able to do all sorts of things with paintshop. (for example, I use different layer blending settings, layer effects, and so on to help me get my skins/textures exactly how I'd like)

Best to you both
Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 10:16 PM
When you try to save, when you click on the save icon (or Ctrl+S or File...........Save), does the screen with your documents pop up and you get a new files thing. In other words: I can't save my work because the computer won't let me save it onto the right file (the alpha file for ex.) , it creates a new one.

Also, when I import my CC to the game, it comes out blurry on the game, and in bodyshop. I've tried adjusting the graphics setting, but it didn't change anything. RAWR! Can somebody help me?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#62 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 10:26 PM
gangstariverdancer, you may need to export it to the correct format.
Test Subject
#63 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 10:41 PM
What is the correct format?
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 2:34 PM
Hi, i use paint shop pro 7, and i don't no how to blur the borders in my program! Can somebody help me please?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#65 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:27 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 10th Dec 2005 at 7:32 PM.
You should probably have 2 tools, one called blur and one called smudge (she's actually using smudge - which lets you smear pixels into the area she matched) Does paintshop pro have a help file?

This tutorial for paintshop pro 6 (which is a good primer on how to use layers) mentions a smudge tool
http://www.webhelperpro.com/Tutoria...ers/default.asp
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 8:56 AM
Oh, thank you so much tiggery! I think i got it now (:
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 2:50 AM
Hi Bluesims,

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I'm new to making clothing for sims, so am grateful for the help! I feel silly asking, but could someone please tell me what "Verformen" is (and, more specifically, where it is)? I'm using the English version of Paint Shop Pro X, and I haven't been able to find that symbol. Thanks!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#68 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 3:01 AM
I don't have psp unfortunately, but she's using something that might be called 'scale' 'stretch' and in photoshop I have a whole set of 'transform' commands that include scale (and I can grab the edges or corners and resize my object); there's also skew and distort. Hopefully if you search your psp help you'll find one of these words.

What she's doing is grabbing the edges of the graphic and stretching/shrinking it to fit well over the existing tank top graphic that's on a layer below it.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#69 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 3:48 AM
The correct translation is "Deform." I have psp9.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 8:07 AM
thanks jaxad....I'll add this

Visit my site at www.BlueSims.de
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 3:26 AM
I made a custom shirt and imported it into the game.
When a sim wears my shirt For some reason it blurs the whole body(top and bottom).
It looked as it the graphics settings are lower.
When I changed to a different shirt everything is clearer.
The same with some eyes i tried to recolor.
When my sim wore my eyes the face became a little blurry.
and when i changed to a different set of eyes the face went back to normal.
the surroundings don't change just the sims clothing or face.

forever and ever....amen.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#72 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 7:00 AM
I have heard that some versions of bodyshop export the graphics at 512x512 instead of 1024x1024 -- what size graphic did you edit to make your shirt? If it's 512, scale it up (and sharpen it as necessary)
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 8:15 AM
Thanks for the help! I'm starting to get the hang of it now, but I'd be lost if it wasn't for this tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
I have heard that some versions of bodyshop export the graphics at 512x512 instead of 1024x1024 -- what size graphic did you edit to make your shirt? If it's 512, scale it up (and sharpen it as necessary)

How do I scale it up with paint shop pro 9?

forever and ever....amen.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#75 Old 27th Dec 2005 at 12:52 AM
Under the image menu, click resize and make it 200 percent of its original size. Then touch it up.
Page 3 of 13