Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Writing, Painting, Gardening, Tinkering More Fun

by joshiejack Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 1:39 AM - Updated 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:04 PM by joshiejack : Updated Gardening Fun to include Harvesting

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:43 AM
Joshie, thanks much for clearing up my confusion. Everything is explained in the read me that is included with the files, so it does tell what each mod is and the levels of fun.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks again for this!
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:42 AM
Thanks for these I just want to point out a conflict the gardening mod conflicts with the Children can Garden Mod. It can be fixed by adjusting this line so it reads as below it originally has children set to false.

BaseAvailability>
<Age Children="true" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:12 AM
Great mod! Is it possible to bundle some of these activities together in one mod rather then choose which to make fun? My household has a gardener and a writer who both could use this, I hate to have to pick a favorite.
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DSX
Great mod! Is it possible to bundle some of these activities together in one mod rather then choose which to make fun? My household has a gardener and a writer who both could use this, I hate to have to pick a favorite.

Hey, you didn't understand. You can only pick one file of each type inside the different categories of hobbies. Like in painting, you can choose "Is More Fun" or "Is Much More Fun".
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
If I can make a suggestion:
People who enjoy gardening would have fun doing it, but if you are being forced to do it (or to write) just for an oppurtunity or your job or whatnot it may not be fun.
Would there be a way to fuse the added fun bonuses to the respective traits? greenthumb would make gardening +fun as well as it's other modifiers? Or as lifetime bonuses, the Supergreenthumb could make gardening +fun. That way it's only fun for those who want it to be fun, and it's not so immediately fun that your neighbors are coming over to weed your garden while you're trying to seduce them with some Goopy Carbanara. :P

Just a thought!
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 9:58 PM
I paint in real life and it makes my day, so now it will make my sims day to thnx to you

Kiss Me with your lips ~ Luv me with your wallet
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:20 PM Last edited by Lorea : 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:43 AM.
The gardening mod doesn't work for me.
Is it compatible with this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349771?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM
Finally I deleted this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349771 mod, but nothing changed.
Gardening is not fun for my sims..
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:42 AM
I still got no answer, but I found out what caused the problem. This hack isn't compatible with this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=352209.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 5:43 AM
My sims refuse to write any book after I patched to 1.6.6.

If you could make it works on patched 1.6.6, it would be appreciated.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:23 AM
please, can update for WA?...
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 10:45 PM
This was a great mod, but it doesn't work with WA installed. You gonna update is anytime soon?
Test Subject
#63 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:38 AM
hi,maybe it's conflict with The Sims 3 World Adventures ,can you update a little bit?thanks
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:46 PM
Love the idea behind the mod!
But it doesn't work for me either = (
Perhaps it's because of the new patch? 1.10.6?
Well considering I have awesomemood installed and a bunch of other mods It's go figure why it doesn't work for me haha
Tried clearing the cache too but I guess for now I can live without this mod.
My family will just live off welfare (yes my family gets walfare haha).
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 8:14 AM
It's not working for me anymore - my sims can Refine Writing skill but won't write any books for any genres. I uninstalled this writing mod and it works, now. It's most likely because of the patch.
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th May 2010 at 3:40 AM
ditto, took out all my mods and found out this was the one that was breaking the writing for me.
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:52 PM
I have always found it frustrating that my writer sims do not find it fun....like you said, it should be. so thanks for this mod! :d

Live every moment, leave nothing to chance
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 9:34 PM Last edited by mrlucky35 : 15th Feb 2011 at 10:07 PM.
I downloaded Just the garening is more Fun, And Nothing happens??? Dosn't work for me??? no Mods that Conflict??? !!
Test Subject
#69 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 9:40 PM
I think i made it work again, i've seen that the Original Poster hasn't made any edits for a while...

All i did was: add the line <CodeVersion name="Base Game" /> in the file.

I have tested it on writing is fun on my own game (I got all add ons installed and had the same issue as you), and my sims start writing books again and has fun in it too! ^^

At the moment i've put the writing is fun file with my edit online. The download link is: http://www.2shared.com/file/bh7vGUY...RyadenEdit.html
(I'm not sure if this is allowed, but i think it's a bit overkill to create a whole new page for it)

Although im not sure if it works for the rest of the packages. I will test them this weekend... You'll hear more from me next week or you can edit the files yourself if you know how ^^.

Cheers!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryaden
I think i made it work again, i've seen that the Original Poster hasn't made any edits for a while...

All i did was: add the line <CodeVersion name="Base Game" /> in the file.

I have tested it on writing is fun on my own game (I got all add ons installed and had the same issue as you), and my sims start writing books again and has fun in it too! ^^

At the moment i've put the writing is fun file with my edit online. The download link is: http://www.2shared.com/file/bh7vGUY...RyadenEdit.html
(I'm not sure if this is allowed, but i think it's a bit overkill to create a whole new page for it)

Although im not sure if it works for the rest of the packages. I will test them this weekend... You'll hear more from me next week or you can edit the files yourself if you know how ^^.

Cheers!

Hi Ryaden, your update works perfectly in my game (patched to 1.24 with Generations installed) as long as they are using the computer to write. Sadly it doesn't work in conjunction with the Buzz Scribbling Pad, but at least it works with the computers.

Did you get around to updating the other flavors too? Would be interested in the gardening one personally Thanks for updating the writing one!
Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:22 PM
Do these mods still work with Supernatural?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 10:48 PM
Doesn't seem to be working properly with 1.47. Gardening keeps bugging. Can anyone else confirm this?
Test Subject
#73 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 3:58 AM
I don't know why writing decreases the fun motive instead of increasing it.
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 12:45 AM
1.63 compatible?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 3:14 PM
Ive updated this mod to work with 1.5 at least. if you want to host it or have it PM and maybe ill make an upload
Page 3 of 4