Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Metal sims skins - update 9/10/12

by CmarNYC Posted 2nd May 2011 at 5:09 AM - Updated 14th Sep 2012 at 1:34 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 1:42 PM
Thank you very much
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 1:00 AM
Can you make these as non default skins?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:36 PM
They ARE non-default.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:21 PM
Oh. Ok. Never mind then
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 12:45 AM
how do you make shiny skintones? i just learned how to use skininator and i would love to make more shiny skins!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Suiadan
how do you make shiny skintones? i just learned how to use skininator and i would love to make more shiny skins!

Easy - make a skin package and use S3PE to extract the TONE or .skintone file, run the latest version of Skininator and click the Edit TONE option in the menus. Open the .skintone file and look for the color/shine/reflections adjusters in the top left. The rows marked B, G, and R affect blue, green, and red in the shine. The columns affect different areas of the skin slider - Light affects the lightest end of the skin color range, Medium is the middle, etc. The higher the numbers, the more shine you'll get. The range is 1 - 255. The Focus row of numbers affect how the light is reflected - lower numbers give a more metallic shine, higher ones give a more wet or plastic shine. Make your changes, save the .skintone, and import it back into your skin package.

Hope this helps! I'd like to see more people making unusual skins.
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 3:51 AM
OH MY GOD You should get a Nobel prize for this mod!! I have always wanted to make some liquid metal silver sims.

Anyway, I have some questions:
1. Is it possible to make a mercury/liquid metal skin tone, like, T1000 in Terminator 2, where the skin would reflect the surrounding like a mirror or those mirror floor?
2. If that is impossible for the engine, is it possible to make your silver skin even more shiny/gloss/wet so as to look more like liquid metal? with that tool you mentioned above? Or is it now already at a max level?
3. Does the skin tone directly inherit to offspring? Or will the skintone mix with the other parent?

Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yamfun
OH MY GOD You should get a Nobel prize for this mod!! I have always wanted to make some liquid metal silver sims.

Anyway, I have some questions:
1. Is it possible to make a mercury/liquid metal skin tone, like, T1000 in Terminator 2, where the skin would reflect the surrounding like a mirror or those mirror floor?
2. If that is impossible for the engine, is it possible to make your silver skin even more shiny/gloss/wet so as to look more like liquid metal? with that tool you mentioned above? Or is it now already at a max level?
3. Does the skin tone directly inherit to offspring? Or will the skintone mix with the other parent?

Thanks!

1) Not possible with just the skintone, but possibly by tweaking the mesh shader setting. Interesting idea.

2) These skins are at maximum shine, but the shine focus can be modified. I'm thinking of doing a second version with a more metallic effect.

3) The skin tone inherits directly to about 50% of offspring.
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
2) These skins are at maximum shine, but the shine focus can be modified. I'm thinking of doing a second version with a more metallic effect.

Cool! I hope you can make it look like mercury.
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 12:50 AM
By the way, for silver tone, the range around 80% shiny to 50% shiny has a strange green tint to it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 11:17 AM
lol cool, i love metal skins
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:39 AM
They aren't showing up in Pets CAS :/
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by majesticg
They aren't showing up in Pets CAS :/

Neither is the skin tone panel.
Instructor
#39 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:53 PM
glad it isn't just me...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:39 PM
No, not just you. I've uploaded a new version of the cmar_SkinTonePanel which is compatible with the new game 1.26 patch and should fix the problem. Remember to clear your cache files when you install.
Instructor
#41 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:34 AM
No, not just you. I've uploaded a new version of the cmar_SkinTonePanel which is compatible with the new game 1.26 patch and should fix the problem. Remember to clear your cache files when you install.

yippee :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 12:57 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 11:10 PM
This is what I need.Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Tigger19 : 4th Jan 2012 at 4:57 PM.

I can't get this to work at all! None of my sliders are working now. I deleted cache files but I can't find the link to the update and I don't think I know how to install it either
I have the all the latest expansion packs
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigger19
I can't get this to work at all! None of my sliders are working now. I deleted cache files but I can't find the link to the update and I don't think I know how to install it either
I have the all the latest expansion packs

Remove cmar_SkinTonePanel.package.

Then download cmar_SkinTonePanel1.26.zip and install the cmar_SkinTonePanel.package from that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:06 PM
Yay it works! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 7:26 AM
Yes everything works now in my CAS thankyou sooooooooooooo much!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 7:20 PM
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to make The Spine from Steam Powered Giraffe
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 9:21 AM
Hi, i love it and all my special Sims thanks to you, is it safe to use them after update 1.34 ? or do you plan to make a update
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:08 PM
Yes, they work in my game.
Page 2 of 4