Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 16th Sep 2021 at 12:05 AM.
How to use CUSTOMER SELECTOR and MONEY ORDER from Maty?
I plan to download CUSTOMER SELECTOR and MONEY ORDER from MATY and I could use some guide and experience of other simmers how to use those. Can you tell me?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 9:34 PM
If you know the title could be misleading: why don't you edit it? I mean... "How do I use customer selector and money order from MATY" is pretty to the point and needs no disclaimer or explanation.
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 2:28 PM
Like, are you looking for step by step instructions? Because you should be able to click around and figure out the settings you want for both of those.

Otherwise, I can tell you how I use them in my game. As for money order, you can use it to send money between sims, but I usually don't. I have a few other money mods, with Monique's Computer and ATM being my favorite. That lets sims earn interest and take out loans, too, so it does the job. If I don't want to use that--like if the hood had no electronics or something, I'd probably use Simwardrobe's checkbook, as I like sims writing out checks and such. Though iirc, the money order is actually a smidge more flexible, cuz I think it can edit ones and the checkbook can't. Anywho, the money order really only has one purpose in my game--to define how much money a sim moves out with.

You can get more detail from natboopsie's post (which you should also do if you're considering Christianlov's wallet controller), but basically, stick the money order in a sim's inventory and then move them out, and the sim will move out with whatever amount the money order says, even 0.

No other mod does that (well, Lamare did release a beta/testing version of one, but it's not available anymore) and so that's why I keep it around, really. Like I said, I move money around in other ways. Btw, in case anyone doesn't use Monique's computer/ATM because the interest is too high, you can edit that. Radium/Midgethetree gave instructions and I wrote up a tutorial based on that here.

For the customer selector, I don't use it all that often, really just for businesses where I'd like to set a specific clientele. I prefer to use the visitor controller when possible. I use that more frequently and like the menu better, but the customer selector does have a few more options to narrow which visitors show up. I also set a specific number of visitors in my user startup cheat file, so I don't usually need to select an amount of visitors for the business either, unless I'm playing a small lot and need to lower the number in my cheat file a bit.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her