Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 1:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Game won't launch - bad game save??
I completely uninstalled Origin and TS3 from my game and then reinstalled each of my EPs and SPs. I saved them all to a new location. I was having an issue with Origin that has since been solved but I'm still getting a black screen when I try to launch my game. All of my files and folders are brand new, except I put my sims3pack files into my Downloads folder (to reinstall them), and I put my saved games into the Saves folder. These are the only things I put into my TS3 folders, and yet I was still getting the black screen. So I decided to try to remove the saved games to see if that was the issue and apparently it is? My game will launch immediately without my saved games. But none of them have the ".bad" attached, so I'm confused? I really don't want to lose all of my progress with the houses I've decorated and the Sims that I've been playing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I tried launching with only the current save I've been playing, and I tried taking the .backup off of the backup file and running it with that file too. I also I tried using each of the game saves that I've hardly played and none of those will let me load the game either!

I went to an old backup folder with my preferred game save in it, placed it into my saves to try it and it won't work. That exact folder was copied and pasted into my Saves folder just a couple of weeks ago and it worked just fine. I am baffled!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 12:25 PM
First thing I would check is that you are launching the game with all of the EPs and SPs enabled that you had when playing those saves. Is your gameversion still 1.69?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
First thing I would check is that you are launching the game with all of the EPs and SPs enabled that you had when playing those saves. Is your gameversion still 1.69?

I actually got my game to launch finally!! I deleted the downloadedsims.index file and it's working now! BUT there's another issue- there is always another issue haha UGH. So I got my game to launch but none of my CC was showing up. So I closed and went to my launcher, selected all and clicked reinstall. Launched again and they still weren't showing up. I looked through some forum comments and I decided to uninstall and reinstall everything in my launcher. This helped, but not completely. Most of my CC appears to be showing but I'm missing many things, decoration items, my bed, my fence, wall sconces, etc. I don't understand why? This game is crazy