Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10526 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:11 PM
E3 official link http://www.e3insider.com/ I have also place this link here: The Sims 4 Official Links http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=525891

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#10527 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
From Honeywells article:

''Foundations are adjustable and move in one step increments up to 8 steps high. They can be added or removed at any time. There’s multiple foundations to choose from but you can’t customize their look with wallpaper.''
WHAT? SAY WHAT? This better be a joke!!

Foundations have their own unique wall papers.

Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
And out of that whole hour, Sims 4 might get 10 mins... or is that being generous?

Problaby even less. Think about 8 min just like Gamescom. But who cares? Its about the whole week not only the presentation. Really looking forward to what Nintendo and Maxis is going to put out and ofcourse all the roundtables,livestreams,articles and fancy stuff
Instructor
#10528 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
And out of that whole hour, Sims 4 might get 10 mins... or is that being generous?

Nah, 3 minutes, tops. All they're going to tell us is that "the sims have emotions which is awesome! and we have this great new cas! awesome! and curved fences! awesome!"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10529 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:24 PM
Ryan: "Here's our preview of a trailer coming out later this week!"

*10-second teaser trailer*

Ryan: "Awesome!"

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#10530 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TanookiMark

Problaby even less. Think about 8 min just like Gamescom. But who cares? Its about the whole week not only the presentation. Really looking forward to what Nintendo and Maxis is going to put out and ofcourse all the roundtables,livestreams,articles and fancy stuff

I don't wanna be restricted to the 'unique' wallpapers.
I want to be able to put whatever wallpaper i want like in TS2 & TS3

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Scholar
#10531 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:24 PM
Lol @Pelouse - that was 'awesome'.... and yeah @TanookiMark, I know it's about the week. Don't get me wrong though, I am thoroughly looking forward to E3 - I do every year. Not just for Sims 4, but for gaming in general. I find out about games I didn't even know were in production, and realise 'Hey, I need that in my collection...' So I am hoping (fingers crossed) we get some great information re: TS4 - no holds barred, just show us some bloody gameplay and put all these speculations and worries to rest...

...and then I get despondent and feel I might be hoping for too much, because y'know - EA.

Off topic - how the heck to I multi-quote in a reply on here? Been a member all this time, and I can't get that right to save my life...

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10532 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:26 PM

I just want to be able to recolor the damned thing without inflating my folder with CC i shouldn't need.

Alchemist
#10533 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:30 PM

This is just ridiculous. At first I thought those were foundation types. This is far away from "awesome".

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#10534 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:34 PM

We didn't had any unique wallpapers in TS2/3 and only a little section fitted on the foundation. The other 95% would be ugly because the wallpapers are cropped, so yes I am happy they atleast make real foundation wall papers instead of sticking a normal wall paper against it which would be really weird (Who has the same wall paper for their wall and foundation?).

Quote:
This is just ridiculous. At first I thought those were foundation types. This is far away from "awesome".

Its the same thing. There wasn't any difference between the 2 foundations in the Sims 3. Yhea one have holes in it and the other not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10535 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:35 PM
I'm also bothered by having one color of lattice. Again. Have we learned nothing from 3? Why pick a better color, rather than giving out a few options? White is loving. Wood is great. Both are better. More is even better.

Bu having a billion tones of brick (a few look useless, too) is Ok.

Field Researcher
#10536 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:45 PM
Oh and looking at all the houses we problaby can't snap foundation which means its the whole house on a foundation or no foundation. So we can't make a garden house without a foundation hmm..
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10537 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:51 PM
I think we will be able to make extra wallpapers for the foundations once we find out how to mod. Maybe they will make a homecrafter?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#10538 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:56 PM
I'm just happy the foundations can be recolored at all. When I saw all of those gray bits sticking out in the gamescom pics I was really concerned. There's some decent options included and I won't mind adding a recolor or two if there's something else I want -- it's not something I'd bloat my game with that's for sure. My biggest concern with the foundations is being able to have mixed heights on the lot. And I guess I'll eventually get over not really being able to build on the ground and having to have that lip on everything... eventually.
Field Researcher
#10539 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I'm just happy the foundations can be recolored at all. When I saw all of those gray bits sticking out in the gamescom pics I was really concerned. There's some decent options included and I won't mind adding a recolor or two if there's something else I want -- it's not something I'd bloat my game with that's for sure..

Where did you actually got the info from we can't stick a wall paper on it? They didn't show it in the trailer though.
Theorist
#10540 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:09 PM
Where did you actually got the info from we can't stick a wall paper on it? They didn't show it in the trailer though.

Hmm. Actually, that's an assumption I made without realizing it. It just seems like general knowledge to me considering a previous bit of information from Graham and seeing the catalog in the build video. I could be wrong but obviously I don't think I am. If we learn otherwise I'll be sure to correct my post.

"There were color variations for foundations at Gamescom." --Graham Nardone
One Minute Ninja'd
#10541 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:30 PM
I'm just happy the foundations can be recolored at all. When I saw all of those gray bits sticking out in the gamescom pics I was really concerned. There's some decent options included and I won't mind adding a recolor or two if there's something else I want -- it's not something I'd bloat my game with that's for sure. My biggest concern with the foundations is being able to have mixed heights on the lot. And I guess I'll eventually get over not really being able to build on the ground and having to have that lip on everything... eventually.

Unless I'm mistaken, they indicated a foundation could even be added to a building after construction of the upper floors, so we should still be able to build on a flat lot without a foundation if we so desired. Although without a below ground tool for something luxurious, like a basement, I guess it no longer matters.

And to think we're stepping back to recolors to make a foundation blend in with the remainder of the structure...........................
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10542 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
And to think we're stepping back to recolors to make a foundation blend in with the remainder of the structure...........................

......assuming it's possible to make recolors.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#10543 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:38 PM

Maybe we'll be able to use wallpapers on the foundastion like we could in TS2 and TS3. I think those colour options were there just to make it easy to find them in the catalogue. In both TS2 and TS3 the foundation came with two preset colour options, the brick wall and the wood deck. This time I think they just provided more colour options.
Theorist
#10544 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:42 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, they indicated a foundation could even be added to a building after construction of the upper floors, so we should still be able to build on a flat lot without a foundation if we so desired. Although without a below ground tool for something luxurious, like a basement, I guess it no longer matters.

I just can't get this image out of my mind and whenever they say no foundation this is what I picture. So when I say building on the ground I really mean building without that stupid piece of gray trim. I really, really hate it especially around the patio area.

Field Researcher
#10545 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:46 PM
I just can't get this image out of my mind and whenever they say no foundation this is what I picture. So when I say building on the ground I really mean building without that stupid piece of gray trim. I really, really hate it especially around the patio area.

There's a picture that seems to be on your tumblr that shows a house without that gray edge.

Mad Poster
#10546 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:46 PM

That looks like a fence, or some sort of ingenious way of using the cornices. It makes no sense to have that there, as all floor tiles would need to be surrounded by that whether they are part of a house or just a foot path.
Test Subject
#10547 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:49 PM

The grey trim looks more like those really low fences that are in the Sims 2 and 3.
(Oops, this thread updates so quickly.)
Theorist
#10548 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:56 PM
Then I'll be extremely happy if it's optional. :lovestruc To me it looked like it's auto placed when building but if that one house doesn't have it there's hope! Maybe it's just the specific wall type they chose to build with in all of these videos that has the grey trim attached to the walls? http://i.imgur.com/gRMssuy.jpg
Field Researcher
#10549 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 4:58 PM
Just looked at the build mode video again, and I don't think that "trim" is a fence; I think it's actually a one-level foundation. The foundation is raised/lowered by one step height each time; if they didn't your stairs wouldn't connect to the ground properly. I took a quick screenshot that shows the bottom of the first stair riser in line with the bottom of that 'lip':

I assume if you lowered the foundation by one more level/click, your house would sit flush on the ground. I could be wrong, though.
Lab Assistant
#10550 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kelseym96
From the official forums:

Person - Graham, will you guys be more at liberty to talk about features with us after E3?

SimGuruSemedi - Definitely. After news sites have had the chance to post their previews and interviews from E3 we'll be able to discuss things more freely.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../60/754561.page

So at least we have confirmation that they'll be going into more depth than just it's "intuitive" and "tactile" and "awesome"

'Person' was me I saw Graham was forum lurking and decided to try my luck.

I still fangirl whenever he actually replies to a tweet or post I make *fans self*

But thats good news at least. Now I"ll start getting keen for E3.
Locked thread
Page 422 of 817