Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Normal looking NL Vampire

by .::TSN::. Posted 25th Sep 2005 at 2:05 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2005 at 6:20 PM by .::TSN::.

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Field Researcher
#76 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 7:57 PM
The file downloaded fine for me Now I am off to test :D

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 8:07 PM
I tested all versions again. The eyelashes are fleshcolored in the pale versions and blue if the default vampire skin is used - the maxis original as well. You can only see the blue lashes close up, but the fleshcolored ones are kind of irritating. Did nobody else notice this?
I don't know if it can be changed.
Test Subject
#78 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 8:48 PM
I have a question to ask..can a vampire live on regular lot r what? i downloaded a vampire and wife ..and put them on my regular lots ..as soon as they ran out in the light they died..how can i keep them from running out in the sun? they wont stay in their coffins.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stimy
Could someone please tell me why when I click BlueNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAWFBJY4. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click vampirePaleRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAS9QV4P. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click vampirePaleNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CABCT7JO. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click VampireDefaultNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAQ0XBZ2. file.

Note that the extension is missing and the file name is all wrong.
What's up with that?

I got the same and finally I asked my husband about it and he said that it was missing the .zip at the end so I added it and it worked. So try that. I don't know why it only happens to some and not others but that's what I did and it works.

Thank you for these by the way, I hated the way my vampires looked in the game.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#80 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 10:30 PM
I found a way around that problem, at least for me. I unchecked the checkbox under Downloads on my User Options page.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leovenancio123
TSN, thnx a lot for this hack! I was one of the first to make a post about these vamp skins before I even got Nightlife lol - Finally, someone has done it! I have just 1 question tho. I'm very hesitant on downloading any kind of hack that cannot be undone. And since I dont have that much knowledge on these types of hacks, I just wanna ask that if somehow, whenever I wanted to return the vamps to their normal ugly blue skin, would it be possible? Maybe by just deleting it from the downloads folder?

TY again!

I wouldnt say that this is hack.. just regular skin recolor. Just delete file you downloaded and everything should be same as before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dio
I tested all versions again. The eyelashes are fleshcolored in the pale versions and blue if the default vampire skin is used - the maxis original as well. You can only see the blue lashes close up, but the fleshcolored ones are kind of irritating. Did nobody else notice this?
I don't know if it can be changed.

This must be because vampire skin overlay is located on top of eyelashes as well as all other parts of body and makeup..

I guess I could find where in skinmap those eyelashes are located and delete that part of overlay skin.. But I would really prefer that someone makes hack that moves vampire skin under other layers.
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 10:38 PM
Thank you so much. This looks so great in game. I did not like the bluish skin. I think it is more realistic to have regular looking skins.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea

I made my own version with a little bit better looking red eye.

That is NICE! Are you planning to make your version available for download here?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 3:25 PM
Does this work on custom skin tones?
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#86 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 4:47 PM
Yes. It will work for all skins. The vamp blue is a tatoo.
Test Subject
#87 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 5:38 PM
Is there any problems with the downloads. Because I cant download
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#88 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 5:44 PM
What are you getting?
Test Subject
#89 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 5:47 PM
Default Thanks!
Thank you, this is just what I was hoping for! :wave:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 12:41 PM
Added new invisible vampire skin.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 3:20 PM
Thank you sooooooooooo much for the invisible overlay.

Now I can have vampires who blend in with the ordinary folk, and whose appearance looks normal(unless unsuspecting sims get close enough to see their fangs).

With Carrigon's Daytime Hack, my vamps can even walk amongst the unwitting mortals during daylight hours as well.

I'm very very happy with my vamps now. They're just the way I wanted them... at least in appearance.

Now if only there were a hack to make them drain their victims, rather than only being able to sire them.

Hmmm.... well, that's for another reqest thread I suppose.

Meantime, thanks ever so much for the invisible overlay, TSN. MUCH appreciated.

:Beer:
Field Researcher
#92 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 11:30 PM
Yeah thanks for the invisible overlay. I use Sussi's skins and I have a dark green vampire too. I really didn't want the pasty Maxis skin.
Test Subject
#93 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 9:57 PM
TSN > Thank you!

:-))
Test Subject
#94 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 6:57 PM
@thraxwhirl:

this hack already exists. Shaklin made a hack that allows vampires to use different kinds of bites. They can drain blood and reduce hunger doing so with the option to add three days of longer life to their victims. Or they can bite and transform their victims or even kill them. Here's the link:

http://shaklin.sh.funpic.org/modules/news/
Test Subject
#95 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 10:12 PM
I downloaded the file Vampire Pale Red eyes and placed in the downloads folder and it is not working, still have blue skin. Any suggestions????
Is it bodyshop that changes the default and if so, where are the defaults at?

Thanks...
Amberyl
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#96 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 4:45 AM
That one gives blue skin w/o red eyes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 7th Oct 2005 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberyl
I downloaded the file Vampire Pale Red eyes and placed in the downloads folder and it is not working, still have blue skin. Any suggestions????
Is it bodyshop that changes the default and if so, where are the defaults at?

Thanks...
Amberyl

It should work just by placing that .package file to Downloads folder.. I'm not sure what could be wrong with your game/file then. Try if any other ones work for you?
Test Subject
#98 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 3:28 AM
Okay, got it I think....but one last question.....does this include for teens/young adults?

Amberyl
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberyl
Okay, got it I think....but one last question.....does this include for teens/young adults?

Amberyl

It includes everything that original vampire skin includes.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by .::TSN::.
This must be because vampire skin overlay is located on top of eyelashes as well as all other parts of body and makeup..

I guess I could find where in skinmap those eyelashes are located and delete that part of overlay skin.. But I would really prefer that someone makes hack that moves vampire skin under other layers.

Oh that's an easy one, the texture for the eyelashes is in the right eye (on the face texture; look at a face texture from a custom skin tone project if you don't know what I'm talking about). The texture for the inside of the mouth is in the left eye, normally they are both completely black, but because of the way Maxis did it it's not completely dark (laziness?).

On a side note: you can add makeup, face paint, facial hair, whatever to a set of custom eyebrows because that layer is the only one that's above the vampire texture. (just make sure you adjust the alpha!)
Page 4 of 10