Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Period Hack

by Smonaff Posted 26th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM - Updated 14th Sep 2006 at 3:11 PM by Smonaff

609 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 583 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 25
Test Subject
#201 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 6:23 AM
Okay i installed it now.:DIts so realistic.
Test Subject
#202 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:14 PM
Help?
First thing- I think this hack is very creative! I wish it would work though for me! I downloaded it and I get the options Save or Cancel... not Open which my friend got! I played my game for an hour and its not working. Then somewhere I read it was the inteen well I got rid of that and yet its still not working! I really want to try it cause I really want it to work! It would be great if you could help me! Thanks! Thanks for such a great hack!
Test Subject
#203 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:34 PM
What is inteen and insim?

Can teens now get pregnant?
Test Subject
#204 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Wow. Looks very well thought out. Thank you! I'll have to give this a try. I know people have been asking for this for freaking ever... Your execution of it seems rather logical and useful. If only it had a "want to eat cookies" feature it'd be perfect.

BTW - anyone who says "eeeew" or "gross!" or doesn't realize how nifty this is, please line up around back for a swift kick in the pants, courtesy of HystericalParoxysm.

always a crack up hystrical! great mod btw really usefull like hystical said all hail...er..hysterical can we worship you? :d yes the eat cookies would be sooo cool!

Je am the Black etalon. I look for a White Mare. You the one saw?
Test Subject
#205 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 12:42 PM
Default Saweet
iv'e tested this and there was errors but i also downloaded other things so it might be the "pregnant sims wear anything" hack so i will re-download it again and try it! cheers for making it!

Your Mother... 'Nuff Said...
Test Subject
#206 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 10:46 PM
Smonaff, is it possible for you to upload your extra updates again? when I click my sims and chose "change tampon", she does go to use a toilet but the period state still says she needs a tampon...I think I have to re-install this extra? because after the first time I downloaded it, it worked fine in my game.
Test Subject
#207 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 10:56 PM
I dont think its even going on my game... I dont even get a flashy blue object! I wish this hack would work so I could try it! I read something about if a hack doesnt work and I tried it and yet it still hasnt worked... is it my game?
Test Subject
#208 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 12:06 AM
Yay it worked just wanted to say that!! Thanks so much for this hack and I think its so funny to watch my sims go through this
Test Subject
#209 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 4:09 AM
Lol sweet
Me and my friend were saying sims should be able to have there periods, and then she went and found this!
Thankkks tons ^^

Mado o akete asa o nirande
Test Subject
#210 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 10:47 AM
This is just..WOW!! soo awsome! now if only the female simmies would have messes on the bed that they would have to scrub up if they dont wake up to change the simpon, but then thats probably going a bit over the top thank you soo much for this hack
Field Researcher
#211 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 6:17 AM
I've redownloaded the latest version and I'm delighted to say it actually works now! So far no teens have changed to the adult career track and everything else is working perfectly.

One thing I was wondering was whether you could alter it so they stop having their periods at the same time they stop being able to have babies in the game? Around 49-50 seems about right, as I don't think many women have them after that age. I give my adults an extra 10 years and 10 years less as elders, so I've got women having periods in their 60s! One lot I played, the woman is 56 and is due to have her 'first' period at the age of 62, which seems a little far-fetched!

Other than that, this is a great mod. One of my Sims went downtown on an outing today and one of the women in the group jumped-up from the poker table so she could rush to the toilet as her period had just started, which was rather amusing. Even my ChristianLov nanny got her period while she was working. I'd just rather my 50+ middle-aged ladies didn't have to be bothered with it!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Instructor
Original Poster
#212 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 6:47 AM
In reply to Ancient Sim:
I'm glad to see the new version is working for you, and in future updates I'll certainly add the option for them to stop having their period around age 50.
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 7:58 AM
Thanks for fixing those minor errors Smonaff! I never noticed them ... :D

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Test Subject
#214 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 9:12 AM
I have an idea! If they don't use the restroom, they leak. it might be complicated though. lol
Test Subject
#215 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 3:21 PM
This is a good hack. Anything that makes the game more realistic is good.
Just one question, does it still work if you turn aging off?
Instructor
Original Poster
#216 Old 21st Aug 2006 at 3:51 PM
Yes it will still work if you turn aging off.
Field Researcher
#217 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 4:53 AM
Well, I know some people do eat strange foods, but this bloke seems to have gone way past what you'd describe as 'good taste' ...

(It doesn't show this way in the guy's memories, incidentally, just in SimPE. No idea why - I have another food that insists it's called 4ES5 Other5Steps, which is actually some sort of stairs).
Screenshots

Instructor
Original Poster
#218 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 5:55 AM
That is so weird, especially since I cloned the first period memory from the grow up well memory and not any of the food memories.
Field Researcher
#219 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 8:31 PM
I've since found quite a few more with the same thing, it's probably just some sort of hidden conflict with one or more of the custom foods I use. As I said, it doesn't show that way in the game so it doesn't really matter - I don't think it affects anything.

One of my teens got her first period shortly after transitioning and the next day her grandmother went up to her to congratulate her on it. I liked that!

#220 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:16 AM
cool
I was always wondering what if would be like if you could do laundry, have a period and collect unemployment, and now i know 1 of them
oh, and how do you make hacks and objects and stuff
Test Subject
#221 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 9:23 PM
It's soo cool! lol but can teens get preggers??
Instructor
Original Poster
#222 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:23 AM
The period hack doesn't have anything to do with teen pregnancy, for that you need Inteenimater.
Test Subject
#223 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 1:13 AM
Hey
It works!!!!
Test Subject
#224 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 2:13 PM
I have all ep's Uni Nl And Ofb it works fine but when i change tampon the tasks say drink love potion 8.5

The world will come to an endbut the sims will live on
Instructor
Original Poster
#225 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ptmcd
I have all ep's Uni Nl And Ofb it works fine but when i change tampon the tasks say drink love potion 8.5

Other people have reported having the same problem. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem in my game, so I can't be sure what exactly is causing it.
Page 9 of 25